Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
I want to watch Rossi and g Boldy and hopefully Beckman, O'Rourke, Khusnutdinov and Firstov …

Anyone know what are the streaming options exisit for broadcast of the WJC this year? I have YouTubeTV currently, but they don't have the NHL network.
Don't forget Novak

Reactions: a79krgm

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I want to watch Rossi and g Boldy and hopefully Beckman, O'Rourke, Khusnutdinov and Firstov …

Anyone know what are the streaming options exisit for broadcast of the WJC this year? I have YouTubeTV currently, but they don't have the NHL network.
I might try the free trial of fubotv?

Reactions: a79krgm

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, apparently Russo mentioned Rossi won't see any more hockey this season and that he won't be doing very much. The scuttlebutt on Reddit is that Rossi developed a heart condition due to Covid-19 (myocarditis), but at this point it's all speculation. However, it does seem that Rossi is going to be shelved this year.

Edit: Misheard this, it was Russo that is speculating hard that Rossi won't see time this season.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
So, apparently Russo had Guerin on and Guerin mentioned Rossi won't see any more hockey this season and that he won't be doing very much. The scuttlebutt on Reddit is that Rossi developed a heart condition due to Covid-19 (myocarditis), but at this point it's all speculation. However, it does seem that Rossi is going to be shelved this year.

But it’s just the flu!

Reactions: lordtrillson

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, apparently Russo had Guerin on and Guerin mentioned Rossi won't see any more hockey this season and that he won't be doing very much. The scuttlebutt on Reddit is that Rossi developed a heart condition due to Covid-19 (myocarditis), but at this point it's all speculation. However, it does seem that Rossi is going to be shelved this year.
Don’t recall hearing that definitively

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
When he says he's not able too do anything for a while now. He's gotta be real careful with what's going on with him.

Pretty much implies he's getting shelved.
It wouldn’t suprise me but it’s quite the leap to say “Guerin said Rossi’s done”

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It wouldn’t suprise me but it’s quite the leap to say “Guerin said Rossi’s done”

Sorry about that, you're right.

I re-listened to the Podcast, and it's Russo that is speculating that Rossi is done for this season and that the Wild won't see him. Says he has a significant health concern, that they have to be really careful with him and that he's being shelved for a while.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Guerin said he would be surprised to see Rossi play for the Wild this season. Logically, I'm think they aren't going to send him back to the Swiss League without him getting at least a game or two in the NHL. If Guerin doesn't think Rossi is going to see play with the Wild this season, I'm assuming he won't be seeing any play in the Swiss League either.

If you're talking about the Russo podcast, he doesn't really say anything close to that.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I also heard Rossi may have some issues after covid. I know a top player who's 22, got the virus a couple of months ago, and can still barely go for a walk. Scary stuff.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Myocarditis is pretty scary and checks out with all the details we’ve gotten. It’s been result of COVID in athletes recently. It’s inflammation of the heart muscle. I’ve read up on it a bit, it seems like each case can fall into a wide variety of severities, and some can require a defibrillator to be implanted. According to this page, people typically need to wait 3-6 months to let the heart rest before reangaging in physical activity, with athletes being recommended to wait closer to 6 months. Exercise During Myocarditis Recovery - Myocarditis Foundation

Would explain why Rossi isn’t on the ice, checks out with upper body injury, and explains why he’s out I definelty. Again, just speculation, though.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
But it’s just the flu!

Complications from the flu include myocarditis as well.

Myocarditis is pretty scary and checks out with all the details we’ve gotten. It’s been result of COVID in athletes recently. It’s inflammation of the heart muscle. I’ve read up on it a bit, it seems like each case can fall into a wide variety of severities, and some can require a defibrillator to be implanted. According to this page, people typically need to wait 3-6 months to let the heart rest before reangaging in physical activity, with athletes being recommended to wait closer to 6 months. Exercise During Myocarditis Recovery - Myocarditis Foundation

Would explain why Rossi isn’t on the ice, checks out with upper body injury, and explains why he’s out I definelty. Again, just speculation, though.

I’m almost positive this is what’s happening with him. If not myocarditis, at least something related to post-COVID symptoms. Likely played through it during the WJC and then the problem was uncovered during the extensive physical he would’ve undergone once arriving here. Really shitty and scary situation, but I guess a silver lining is that he’s now getting the best treatment he could possibly get. Still, have to be somewhat concerned about the impact this could have on him long-term. I’m in my mid-20s and have had nagging heart problems for the past 5 years and it definitely has had an impact on my fitness performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I've mentioned heart inflammation as a concern that could explain this for some time...I hope that's not the case, but it does fit.

Blue Ox

Let's Play Hockey!
Nov 5, 2019
North Star State
My friends daughter plays college basketball. She had Covid-19 and developed problems after.

She had a resting heart rate in the 120's. If she tried to walk up a flight of stairs, it would shoot up to 180 BPM.

She said that something like 30% of student athletes had this problem after getting Covid-19.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
wonder what Guerin considers long term. If Rosssi is prevented from working out strenuously for the next three months or so that will certainly hurt his development. He won't just lose all the playing time, but will lose muscle mass and tone. It will take him about 6 months just to get back to where he was, if there are no setbacks.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
So in the end, Rossi his career is over now. There is no coming back in the NHL or generaly in hockey with "heart problems".
That is sad for the franchise but more for him.
Hope he can find something else.
How @57special said, there is no way no find u spirit from before., muscles, speed and so on, it is never enough for teh NHL usally generally for hockey

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
So in the end, Rossi his career is over now. There is no coming back in the NHL or generaly in hockey with "heart problems".
That is sad for the franchise but more for him.
Hope he can find something else.
How @57special said, there is no way no find u spirit from before., muscles, speed and so on, it is never enough for teh NHL usally generally for hockey
How I imagine you are talking to Rossi:
IMG_20181107_143632.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad