Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He didn’t turtle. He didn’t even offer.

For those saying he beat Eller up the first time, sure, he did, but he also got the instigator and basically started throwing before Eller (who only has one fighting major, that one) could even get turned around or his gloves off. Eller has more than a little right to want to get a fair shot at it, when Marchand clearly suckered him.

As for Marchand being more valuable than Eller, or being smart for getting a PP, I will say that it’s also a double edged sword. Sure, you get a PP and maybe the Bruins cash in, but there’s also a significant chance you tick off the Caps for being a punk, or maybe (odds are no, since his own team knows who and what he is) you even make your own team disappointed that you’re gutless. Marchand can do what he wants, but the entire league knows he’s a rat.

The code is antiquated, and really dead at this point, but for all the Tom Wilson hate, he answers the bell.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Simple question...Do you have children? If no,then I can understand where you are coming from. If yes,then maybe re-evaluate.I mean,parenting is a full-time job,yes? You,obviously watch hockey and perhaps other sports.Do you watch or play sports with your children? I'm sure they have favorite players...Is Marchand their favorite player?

I would prefer to debate without needing to bring personal stuff into it. Athletes play sports to win. Rules are in place to protect players and to preserve the intended flow and spirit of the game. Neither athletes nor the rules have to do with raising the nation's children.

Anyway, what parent wouldn't want their child to avoid being dragged into fights?

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
"I haven't looked at the stat sheet, but I really don't feel like I need to prove anything. He plays maybe 10-12 minutes a night and I'm playing 20. In a 1-0 game and to go on a power play, it doesn't make sense"

Marchand isn't wrong either. This season is the first time Eller may reach 40 points and it requires an abnormally high scoring season to do it.

...except he is wrong. Eller plays ~17 mins/game. And Wilson offered in the 3rd and he tucked tail again. Twice in one game. :laugh:

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Marchand kind of suckering eller at the end of a game because he was pissed off that Boston got their shit pushed in, was a POS move and he deserves a ton of criticism for that.

But he doesn't have to fight in this situation.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Arrrgh, maybe Marchand should brush up on the code.

Article 1

The Sea Calls To Us All

Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.
Article 2

The Sea Unites Us as One Community

Outside the heat of battle or piracy on the high seas, all crews shall bond together as a community of like-minded souls.
Article 3

Disputes Are Settled upon the Waves

None shall quarrel or overly dissent against another crew, but let every engagement be settled by sword, pistol and good seamanship.
Article 4

All Crewmates Are Equal

Let each crewmate be respected as equal and free to follow their own bearing, speak openly and vote in affairs of the voyage.
Article 5

The Crew Bond Is Sacred

Those who betray their crew and ship through griefing or trolling shall be sent to the brig.
Article 6

Respect New Pirates and Their Voyage Ahead

May the old legends help to forge new ones: treat new pirates with respect and share your knowledge.
Article 7

Those Who Cheat Shall Be Punished

Pirates who show bad form and cheat their crew or others shall surely face bitter hardships and punishments.

Argh, that be the pirates code from sea of thieves maties. Send Marchand to the brig!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I would prefer to debate without needing to bring personal stuff into it. Athletes play sports to win. Rules are in place to protect players and to preserve the intended flow and spirit of the game. Neither athletes nor the rules have to do with raising the nation's children.

Anyway, what parent wouldn't want their child to avoid being dragged into fights?
Ok ,fair enough. I certainly wouldn't want to be tasked with making excuses for Marchands behavior .

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Why is anyone surprised by any of this. Call him a rat, classless, lack of integrity, w/e else you can think of. Hell, this is the same guy that was licking players last spring, I don't know how you can get more embarrassing than that.

Even with all of that, I'll take him on my team in a heartbeat, he is a big time player.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Marchand kind of suckering eller at the end of a game because he was pissed off that Boston got their **** pushed in, was a POS move and he deserves a ton of criticism for that.

But he doesn't have to fight in this situation.

Of course not, he doesn't have to do anything. It just shows that he's afraid of fighting a real man like Eller head on and all he's good for is sucker punching and licking people.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I’d say I lost respect for Marchand but tough to go into the negative. Possibly the biggest coward in the history of the NHL, worse than even Claude Lemieux who at least answered the bell

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This is my favourite thread ever. Marchand is a top player in the league, you mad? p***y wouldn't even fight Wilson. Wait isn't that the one guy who's who even dirtier?

Eller probably still seeing red from the last fight.

Reactions: Ladyfan

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Why does this surprise anyone? Marchand is a perfect player in the nunhl. Rat that slewfoots, Spears, elbows, and either won’t answer the bell, or jumps nonfighters. All the while being “protected” by “big bad chara” (lmao, another joke fighter). Eller should’ve dropped them and just starting wailing on his face.

Reactions: philip

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Capitals have defeated the Bruins in 14 straight meetings. Marchand just threw a temper tantrum about it in meeting #13 and knew his team needed every powerplay they could get in match #14. Fortunately his rat antics had the karmic result they deserved and the Capitals once again beat the Bruins. Maybe Boston can win a game against Washington sometime before 2035.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Edwards probably thought the same as Marchand.

Had it been reversed Edwards would go off on a tirade about how Marchand should have to fight Eller.

Guy is a f***ing joke.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Why does this surprise anyone? Marchand is a perfect player in the nunhl. Rat that slewfoots, Spears, elbows, and either won’t answer the bell, or jumps nonfighters. All the while being “protected” by “big bad chara” (lmao, another joke fighter). Eller should’ve dropped them and just starting wailing on his face.
That's exactly it. Instead of being all honourable, give him some of his own medicine. Just jump in before he's ready and wail him

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Slasher45

Nov 17, 2018
If Caps fans are going to insult Marchand, bringing up the GWG in the stanley cup finals is probably not your best insult seeing how Marchand is also a stanley cup champion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->