Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Marchand (a 1st liner) fights Eller (a 3rd liner) at the end of a blowout game.

Eller (a 3rd liner) tries to fight Marchand (a 1st liner) in the middle of a very close game.

.... Marchand doesn't take the fight in scenario 1, but does in scenario 2 and some people here are either too stupid and/or too full of hate for Marchand that they can't see the difference? Really?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That isn't even remotely close to turtling. He absolutely turned down the fight, but he didn't turtle.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I prefer it too. Skill and talent is appreciated over size and viciousness. Prefer it much more.

There's this video from the 40's, where Maurice Richard (If I remember correctly) gets mad and hits the referee in the head with stick. Rink has changed a lot and for the better.

Yeah. There are a number of crazy videos. The NHL has a violent past. (Milbury in the stands, hitting a guy with his own shoe?)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Marchand (a 1st liner) fights Eller (a 3rd liner) at the end of a blowout game.

Eller (a 3rd liner) tries to fight Marchand (a 1st liner) in the middle of a very close game.

.... Marchand doesn't take the fight in scenario 1, but does in scenario 2 and some people here are either too stupid and/or too full of hate for Marchand that they can't see the difference? Really?

"I haven't looked at the stat sheet, but I really don't feel like I need to prove anything. He plays maybe 10-12 minutes a night and I'm playing 20. In a 1-0 game and to go on a power play, it doesn't make sense"

Marchand isn't wrong either. This season is the first time Eller may reach 40 points and it requires an abnormally high scoring season to do it.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
If you are 6'2 and cannot beat up a 5'9 skill player the first time, there is no reason to try a second time.

Marchand strikes me as more of a fighter than Eller does so don't try and pull that card. If you jump someone when they aren't ready for it you should expect to have to answer for it and should answer for it. Otherwise you're a coward.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Lars Eller drops his gloves but Brad Marchand refuses to fight

After the first game of the season Marchand jumped Eller and cut him up pretty bad. Eller tries to respond with a fair challenge to Marchand tonight and he just turtles. Afterwards Eller says “Everyone saw what he is. ... There’s not a lot of integrity in his game.”

Did Marchand violate the code of the game here or are we in a new era where all that hockey code stuff is dead?

I dislike Eller but ya that’s quite the turtle by Marchand.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Vice versa too.
But which came first? Chicken vs. Egg. At least you are willing to acknowledge that you hypocritically defend anything Marchand does, regardless of how you've responded when the opposing team acted in the same manner.

The funny thing to me is that this is the exact type of thing that the "Big Bad Bruins" never would have been caught doing. And when the opposing team acted in such a way, they were ridiculed to no end. I guess times have changed. Shawn Thornton must be spinning in his grave.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
"I haven't looked at the stat sheet, but I really don't feel like I need to prove anything. He plays maybe 10-12 minutes a night and I'm playing 20. In a 1-0 game and to go on a power play, it doesn't make sense"

Marchand isn't wrong either. This season is the first time Eller may reach 40 points and it requires an abnormally high scoring season to do it.
I cant imagine you'd feel the same way if things were reversed.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Marchand strikes me as more of a fighter than Eller does so don't try and pull that card. If you jump someone when they aren't ready for it you should expect to have to answer for it and should answer for it. Otherwise you're a coward.

A coward who ranks consistently among the top scorers in the league though, not exactly smart to give the other team a PP when you're down a goal. Marchand is a rat who figured out that if he could score some points hed have a long career, props for not going full Avery. He gets under the skin of the opponent, players and fans.

I have no love for Marchand, him and Kadri are the two guys in the East I wish someone would knock out a couple teeth. They both know how to play the game though, and I only hate them because they aren't on my team, I'd love to have either.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
When did sports become about parenting?
Simple question...Do you have children? If no,then I can understand where you are coming from. If yes,then maybe re-evaluate.I mean,parenting is a full-time job,yes? You,obviously watch hockey and perhaps other sports.Do you watch or play sports with your children? I'm sure they have favorite players...Is Marchand their favorite player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->