OT: Marchand needs our support

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Voted for Marchy, and I believe that's right. The two put up basically the same stats, but Marchand is 500x better defensively. But the Maple Leafs have far and away the biggest fanbase on this board. It doesn't matter.

...and the most obnoxious... by far. What? :) If you don't believe me, make a Pastrnak thread. It'll take you 5 posts for someone to say "yeah he's good but Nylander is better" for no reason whatsoever. Was the same way with Seguin-Kessel, was the same way with Hamilton-Rielly.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
its funny cause he is getting dusted in the polls by a big soft lazy defensive liability.... im gonna go out on a limb and say the toronto fan base is massive.

they have similar point production but jvr is minus 25 career and marchand is a plus 120. i dont care ho wbad your team is -22 in one season is unacceptable.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
He's a rat, but he's OUR rat, dammit!

Voted for Marchy. He needs more help, guys....

(Fast forward to tomorrow, when Chia has traded him for six magic beans.)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Voted for Marchy, and I believe that's right. The two put up basically the same stats, but Marchand is 500x better defensively. But the Maple Leafs have far and away the biggest fanbase on this board. It doesn't matter.

...and the most obnoxious... by far. What? :) If you don't believe me, make a Pastrnak thread. It'll take you 5 posts for someone to say "yeah he's good but Nylander is better" for no reason whatsoever. Was the same way with Seguin-Kessel, was the same way with Hamilton-Rielly.

I had the audacity to outline why Hamilton was better than Rielly last year and one of their more rabid guys started PM'ing me a whole bunch of stuff talking **** about me and my family.

I guess with big numbers comes more idiots.

As far as the poll in question- it is definitely an interesting matchup. I lean towards Marchand because of his two way play though.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I had the audacity to outline why Hamilton was better than Rielly last year and one of their more rabid guys started PM'ing me a whole bunch of stuff talking **** about me and my family.

I guess with big numbers comes more idiots.

As far as the poll in question- it is definitely an interesting matchup. I lean towards Marchand because of his two way play though.

Hamilton is a younger Franson. He'll never be anything more than a #4 that puts up decent numbers.

Oh, Malkin is on the market? We'll give you Franson and Kadri. Defensemen that put up those types of numbers don't roll around often, and Kadri is going to break out for the 7th season in a row.

:sarcasm:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hamilton is a younger Franson. He'll never be anything more than a #4 that puts up decent numbers.

Oh, Malkin is on the market? We'll give you Franson and Kadri. Defensemen that put up those types of numbers don't roll around often, and Kadri is going to break out for the 7th season in a row.

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

It's hilarious. At the start of this year the main board was cluttered with threads started by them saying they were "for real".

Yeah....not so much :laugh:

Some of em just really drink the kool aid.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
:laugh:

It's hilarious. At the start of this year the main board was cluttered with threads started by them saying they were "for real".

Yeah....not so much :laugh:

Some of em just really drink the kool aid.

Problem is you can tell a lot of the good posters bring their kids along too. ;)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know it's been a rough season, but are we really resorting to spamming the main boards to win a poll against a Leaf player now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad