Marchand hates Pleckanec

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Montreal paid Plekanec 5 Million last year, Boston paid Bergeron 4.55. He's also signed for 8 years at a very friendly 6.5 million per year (compared to the guy who lost the Selke to him, who is getting 10.5 million/year). So who is overpaying who?

Dude, you're seriously just LOOKING for ways to criticize. I'm talking TRADE VALUE here. No need to overpay for Bergeron in a trade, which would be the only way he's traded. Get over yourself and realize I'm not here to get Bruins fans riled up. I'm trying to have a decent discussion but people like you keep misinterpreting and twisting my words.

member 96824

In this thread, I found out that Hearst, Ontario (Claude Giroux's home) is in Quebec!

Cool!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
This thread devolved.

Truth is most hockey fans who are old enough to skip the Acne medication aisle at the pharmacy know that the Bruins have let the Habs get under their skin.

It's just a reality -- it seems like at first it was to excite the team but at this point it's become quite obviously a drag on them.

Habs players categorically deny hating the Bruins or their players, even Pacioretty deflects those questions.

Now the matter is to see which is more effective, the sanguine approach or the fiery one.

The B's won the cup, so I guess it's working for them. But post-Timmy Thomas their goalie might not bail them out as much, and last playoff's meltdown was at least in part due to some core B's players losing track of the gameplan. Lucic and Marshy especially.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Dude, you're seriously just LOOKING for ways to criticize. I'm talking TRADE VALUE here. No need to overpay for Bergeron in a trade, which would be the only way he's traded. Get over yourself and realize I'm not here to get Bruins fans riled up. I'm trying to have a decent discussion but people like you keep misinterpreting and twisting my words.

Whatever. But now I'm about to state my only serious thought in this thread: If you would actually look at this thread, and the article/clip it references, you would realize that it is basically a joke from the begining. The fact that you and other Habs fans came in loaded for bear to defend Tomas Plekanec's honor in a thread about a silly question at a silly charity event; a question that was meant to be joke!! is nothing but more proof that you folks take things WAAAYYYYYYY too seriously. I mean WAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! too seriously. Get a sense of humor, will ya? :shakehead

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Whatever. But now I'm about to state my only serious thought in this thread: If you would actually look at this thread, and the article/clip it references, you would realize that it is basically a joke from the begining. The fact that you and other Habs fans came in loaded for bear to defend Tomas Plekanec's honor in a thread about a silly question at a silly charity event; a question that was meant to be joke!! is nothing but more proof that you folks take things WAAAYYYYYYY too seriously. I mean WAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! too seriously. Get a sense of humor, will ya? :shakehead

So you try to divert the argument whe you realize you're wrong. I don't think it's a joke, as there is clearly some history between those two players. Were just here to talk man, if you don't like that, and want to enjoy the joke in peace, don't post.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I'm pretty sure he came in defending a poster who said Bergeron was a good player.

He also said Marchand was a good player as well that he'd take on his favorite team.

He should've been more polite IMO. Can't go around giving compliments like that.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
In this thread, I found out that Hearst, Ontario (Claude Giroux's home) is in Quebec!

Cool!

The only mention of Claude Giroux in this thread is the following:

From the ever present man-crush obsession about Bergeron coming from the fanatical Montreal forum, who have always felt that every French-Canadian all-star (LeCavalier, Giroux, Bergeron, etc.) should ultimately play on the Habs. I've read enough "The only Bruin I like is Bergeron!!" posts to confidently read between the lines. Now, are you seriously going to deny that there are annual "Get <Vinny/Claude/any French-Canadian All-Star> on the Habs" threads? The only reason why there are none specifically related to Bergeron is because he's never entered free agency, he's always signed with the Bruins.

Not one mention of him being from Quebec, only that he is French-Canadian. Are you now going to say that Claude Giroux is not French-Canadian?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm pretty sure he came in defending a poster who said Bergeron was a good player.

He also said Marchand was a good player as well that he'd take on his favorite team.

He should've been more polite IMO. Can't go around giving compliments like that.

Who cares? Do I have to spell it out in caps? - THIS THREAD IS A FREAKING JOKE, ABOUT A JOKE QUESTION, WITH AN APPROPRIATE JOKE ANSWER!!!!

Anyone taking it too seriously has a stick up their butt!!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Hey LyricalLyricist *Waves* :)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So you try to divert the argument whe you realize you're wrong. I don't think it's a joke, as there is clearly some history between those two players. Were just here to talk man, if you don't like that, and want to enjoy the joke in peace, don't post.

So we have another guy who never viewed the link and accompanying video? I never diverted any arugument, I've been saying this thread is a joke from the beginning to anyone who took it seriously, including Bruins posters. Do yourself a favor and look at it, then tell me we should be taking anything said at that event seriously. :shakehead

member 96824

The only mention of Claude Giroux in this thread is the following:

Not one mention of him being from Quebec, only that he is French-Canadian. Are you now going to say that Claude Giroux is not French-Canadian?

Whoops. Read wrong that wrong.

Proceed.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Who cares? Do I have to spell it out in caps? - THIS THREAD IS A FREAKING JOKE, ABOUT A JOKE QUESTION, WITH AN APPROPRIATE JOKE ANSWER!!!!

Anyone taking it too seriously has a stick up their butt!!

In all honesty, you seem as if you're the one taking it the most serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad