Marchand, Crosby, MacKinnon, Batherson training

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Thanks for posting this. McKinnon is such an amazing skater and has such great fluid hands. That guy is seriously one of the top 5 players in the game today

Reactions: hrdpuk and JCRO

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The dude is lethal. I’ll trade any prospects for him lol

He’s just a standout. Even with Marchand and Crosby there his skating is superior and both Crosby and Marchand are great skaters themselves

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Thanks for posting this. McKinnon is such an amazing skater and has such great fluid hands. That guy is seriously one of the top 5 players in the game today
I don't see him live that much.

But every time I do, Im utterly amazed at his explosiveness and his hands/shot. Heck, even his passes are hard and on the money.

He carried that COL team as far as he could last playoffs and they're only getting better.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I don't see him live that much.

But every time I do, Im utterly amazed at his explosiveness and his hands/shot. Heck, even his passes are hard and on the money.

He carried that COL team as far as he could last playoffs and they're only getting better.

And so is he. I think he's actually very underrated and that's probably because the Avs aren't exactly a front and center team these days. Every time I've seen him, he just stands out. He's just an amazing player

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Marchand, McKinnon, and Crosby have been working out in the offseason together for a few years now.

yes they have, I`ve posted on here that I managed a restaurant that they often hit post workout. Marchand however never joined Crosby and Mackinnon. They came in, sat at the bar and ate quietly not interested in trying to get any attention or special service. For as much as I`m not a fan of Crosby on the ice at times, the guy is an extremely nice guy off the ice, very open to having a chat about the game, so too is Mackinnon. I consistently requested from both that they "call in sick" vs the Bruins which they laughed at

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
Always hear great things about Nathan and Sid. They were at Cabot Cliffs golfing recently. Took time for pictures with kids. Just a couple of down to earth Nova Scotians. For a small province there sure is a lot of talent here.

Reactions: PaulD

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Jeez MacKinnon is too good. Can’t believe some people actually doubted his potential when he had low point totals on those trash Avalanche teams. Also, AFAIK it seems like Marchy trains with Sid and MacK a lot. At least in the last couple of years I’ve heard him training with them.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And so is he. I think he's actually very underrated and that's probably because the Avs aren't exactly a front and center team these days. Every time I've seen him, he just stands out. He's just an amazing player
He is no longer under rated.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He is no longer under rated.

Not sure when this was posted, but it was clearly last year because Erik Karlsson is listed as a Shark, but no mention of Nathan McKinnon in this so-called top 25 players:

RANKED: The 25 Best Players In The NHL Right Now

Or in this list from NHL.com last September:

#NHLTopPlayers: Top 10 in League

However, NHL.com has him ranked as the #3 best center (not overall player) this year, so maybe he's starting to get some recognition:

#NHLTopPlayers: Top 20 Centers

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not sure when this was posted, but it was clearly last year because Erik Karlsson is listed as a Shark, but no mention of Nathan McKinnon in this so-called top 25 players:

RANKED: The 25 Best Players In The NHL Right Now

Or in this list from NHL.com last September:

#NHLTopPlayers: Top 10 in League

However, NHL.com has him ranked as the #3 best center (not overall player) this year, so maybe he's starting to get some recognition:

#NHLTopPlayers: Top 20 Centers
I have picked him in my pool 4 years straight.
Even when his point totals were lower than projected, you could see he was a player destined for his break out season. It came later than most thought though, for sure.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Jeez MacKinnon is too good. Can’t believe some people actually doubted his potential when he had low point totals on those trash Avalanche teams. Also, AFAIK it seems like Marchy trains with Sid and MacK a lot. At least in the last couple of years I’ve heard him training with them.
His rookie year looked as though he would progress to top 10 scorer. First over all pick that took a little longer to dominate games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad