Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak vs Seguin/Benn/Radulov

Who do you take this year?

• Total voters

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yeah, there are definitely other teams who could match or exceed these lines if they decided to play their top 3 players together, but they tend not to. I guess the Bruins are fine how they are, but I don't see why Dallas doesn't try to spread out their talent. they have no depth

Definitely?

Do you know if the fantasy line would have chemistry? Outside of Pittsburgh trying Malkin/Crosby/Kessel there isn't a team that comes close.

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I'm a Stars fan who would vote for the Boston line if Marchand wasn't on it because I dislike him.

It's not the irrational hatred that some fans have, it's just that the love I have for Radulov's toothless goal celebrations outweighs the dislike I have for Marchand and his antics.

Hence, I didn't vote.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Super balanced lines. Fast, skilled, gritty, and solid defensively. Both currently blowing up the league.

Both "solid defensively" ?

The Bergeron line is the best defensive line in hockey.

Bergeron is Bergeron.
Marchand is top 3 defensively among wingers

Bergeron and Marchand are the top PK pair in the league.

Aaaaand the Bruins line scores more

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Both "solid defensively" ?

The Bergeron line is the best defensive line in hockey.

Bergeron is Bergeron.
Marchand is top 3 defensively among wingers

Bergeron and Marchand are the top PK pair in the league.

Aaaaand the Bruins line scores more

He's not saying they're equal. He is saying that both lines have a perfect balance of all of the things he mentioned.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Boston

Dallas "should" be better. More fire power. Quite simply - i find it inexplicable the offensive success Boston's line keeps having. Bergeron plays defense, Marchand is a 4th line rat, and Pastrnak is probably a decent player but he's not *that* good. At least that's how I view them.

I do feel as though Dallas definitely has the potential to outgun them this year. Like I said more firepower - arguably can be the best line in hockey

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Definitely?

Do you know if the fantasy line would have chemistry? Outside of Pittsburgh trying Malkin/Crosby/Kessel there isn't a team that comes close.

I think there are teams who can definitely assemble a combination of 3 more talented/superior players to Boston players on a line. On a PP unit for example (such as the Pitt trio).

But I agree in terms of chemistry it's anyone's guess, and until proven otherwise you can probably call them the best line in the league.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Both are damn good. Point could be better this year if he keeps improving, Bergeron could be better if he stays healthy and his defensive results bounce back (his defensive numbers were surprisingly average last season)

You can toss your 'advanced' numbers in the garbage with all respect . After watching Bergeron nearly two decades the eye test is enough!!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Both are damn good. Point could be better this year if he keeps improving, Bergeron could be better if he stays healthy and his defensive results bounce back (his defensive numbers were surprisingly average last season)

do yourself a favor and stop.

Giving you the "down year" part, Bergeron posted:

CF: 57.3
CFrel: 5.6
FF: 55.7
FFrel: 3.3

Point posted:

CF: 51.9
CFrel: 0.9
FF: 51.8
FFrel: 0.7

Also consider that Bergeron posted 4 straight seasons of a CFrel between 8.2 and 9.7 and FFrel between 6.2 and 10.1.

Point is a very promising young player, but pump the brakes

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Point: 54.66 xGF, +3.85 rel, 1.952 xGA/60, 20 percentile higher qoc than qot
Bergeron: 51.84 xGF%, -1.08 rel, 2.247 xGA/60, 4 percentile higher qoc than qot

@PatriceBergeronFan @BigBadBruins7708 @wintersej

Bergeron had a down year defensively imo but he’s still elite defensively, hopefully he bounces back results-wise next year.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I honestly have so much respect for that Boston top line. Marchand is among the highest PPG players on the planet, Bergeron is one of the best defensive players on the planet, that is putting up points and top 5 in scoring. Pasta already has 7 goals. They have insane chemistry right now too...

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Voted Boston

Dallas "should" be better. More fire power. Quite simply - i find it inexplicable the offensive success Boston's line keeps having. Bergeron plays defense, Marchand is a 4th line rat, and Pastrnak is probably a decent player but he's not *that* good. At least that's how I view them.

I do feel as though Dallas definitely has the potential to outgun them this year. Like I said more firepower - arguably can be the best line in hockey

That's how you view them?
Clearly you haven't viewed them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->