Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak vs Seguin/Benn/Radulov

Who do you take this year?

• Total voters

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Homer voted for the Stars line but the Bruins line is better imo

2 best top lines in the league though for sure. Just ridiculous how good and dominant they are everytime they hit the ice. Both having fantastic starts to the year

Bruins line is currently winning the scoring race over the Benn-Seguin-Radulov line though, 30 points to 27. Should mention that they have played 1 more game than the Stars as well

Reactions: Thenameless

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
For as much as you can compare them offensively, I think the Bruins have the definitive edge defensively, which tips it in their favor. I think you can argue they're a bit more balanced offensively as well, as they are all pretty balanced when it comes to putting the puck in the net and setting the others up. You even look at them this year and see them trading off hattricks in consecutive games while Marchand is barely shooting and racking up assists despite being one of the leading goal scorers the last few seasons.

All 3 Bruins also hit 30 goals last year, despite Bergeron and Marchand missing a significant amount of time. 103 goals in 246 games for the Dallas trio (all of them played the full 82), 99 goals in 214 games for the Bruins trio last year.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Homer voted for the Stars line but the Bruins line is better imo

2 best top lines in the league though for sure. Just ridiculous how good and dominant they are everytime they hit the ice. Both having fantastic starts to the year

Bruins line is currently winning the scoring race over the Benn-Seguin-Radulov line though, 30 points to 27. Should mention that they have played 1 more game than the Stars as well
Ah no, the Caps game was a glorified preseason game. Doesn't count. :sarcasm:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Just like all the other polls. Since that line has formed it has been the best line in hockey, nothing has changed.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The Bruins line. Though, I think if Tampa used Stamkos-Point-Kucherov it would be better, but that seems unwise.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dallas line has the physicality / sandpaper that the Bruins don't.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Bruins line would still dominate any combination of elite players you combine.

Reason: they are the best shut down / defensive line in the league when/if They need to be

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Well Bergeron had 8 points in 5 games and was a +2, Marchand same as Bergeron, Pasta had 7 points and was a +1. Lines 2-4 scored zero even strength goals, in that series.

Thought you'd know this seeing as you watched the games presumably?
I asked how well they shut down point and co. Also at 5v5 even that line couldn’t score.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Leafs fan voting Bruins, just a tad too much.

Even if we say Bergy+Marchand=Seguin+Benn which I think is questionable as I have those two as better than Seguin and Benn, Pasta's ceiling (may already be better)>Radulov.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Bruins line. Though, I think if Tampa used Stamkos-Point-Kucherov it would be better, but that seems unwise.
Yeah, there are definitely other teams who could match or exceed these lines if they decided to play their top 3 players together, but they tend not to. I guess the Bruins are fine how they are, but I don't see why Dallas doesn't try to spread out their talent. they have no depth

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->