News Article: March To The Playoffs, Calgary Flames Game 1

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Decent write up, but I’m gonna have to disagree on what you said about Lindholm. He was arguably our best forward last night, playing pretty solid on both ends. There’s a reason he was -4, he was used on defense so many times. Wasn’t his fault the defense had a terrible game.

Reactions: 1976len

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I found the summary to be a little choppy, even for a summary. My overall impression is that you made game notes live as you saw them, and that was essentially what the summary is composed of.

My feedback would be to take the notes you have complied (which are good), but then use them to compile something that has more flow to it. Basically summarize your notes and write more of an opinion piece.

I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 1976len

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
I found the summary to be a little choppy, even for a summary. My overall impression is that you made game notes live as you saw them, and that was essentially what the summary is composed of.

My feedback would be to take the notes you have complied (which are good), but then use them to compile something that has more flow to it. Basically summarize your notes and write more of an opinion piece.

I hope that makes sense.
You nailed it actually. Will play with my formatting and try again Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Thank you.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You nailed it actually. Will play with my formatting and try again Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Thank you.

All good! I would encourage anyone to write. I think if you got away more from point form style, you would find your summary had more flow to it.

Good luck!

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
All good! I would encourage anyone to write. I think if you got away more from point form style, you would find your summary had more flow to it.

Good luck!

I posted my game 2 recap with a new format. Would love your two cents. IMO it definitely flows better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad