March Mock Draft

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
I'd be suprised to put that much stock in another overseas center. Great list though. Thought I'd bring up one critical point.:nod:

They went with a Canadian kid last year in the Eberle 2.0. I think they will probably make a play to draft down and acquire an NHL ready asset since they want to compete now. Prediction.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
...and Armia's stats are skewed by playing on a weak team.
Would not exactly say the team that just finished second in SM-liiga in the regular season has been that weak.

And well wouldn't exactly say Armia is a powerforward atm either, but I could see him being a mix of that and a sniper one day, but being still more of a sniper. He still needs a bunch of pounds on that 6'4 body.

But yeah a good list and could really see Minnesota picking him.

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Although the Rangers might need a forward as well, Beaulieu is probably too good to pass up. Not to hate on the rags or anything but really Staal and MDZ are good but after that I don't see it.

I don't see Minnesota, Anaheim, Ottawa, Buffalo or Edmonton drafting this guy and he is too good to be drafted at 18.

Its kinda funny how one poster says Beaulieu is too low but at the same time you imply the rangers should pass on him. IMO that means its pretty bang on.

You may not see it if you haven't been paying attention to the Rangers, as both McDonagh and Sauer have been superb this year. Both look to be important members of a young and developing defense for a long time. In fact players are well ahead of MDZ in terms of development, and McDonagh has shown the ability to be a top pairing D-man, as his skating, awareness and defensive recognition have been outstanding.

If you are suggesting that, in your opinion, that Beaulieu is the BPA on the board when the Rangers draft, then your suggestion makes sense. However, you couch that in the belief that the Rangers have a need for Beaulieu, which is simply untrue. The Rangers' greatest needs are 1st line playmaking centers, and highly-skilled wings. So, although you claim that Beaulieu is a need pick, evidence suggests otherwise.

Last edited:

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
I don't think there's any chance in hell Buffalo doesn't draft a C with their first-round pick. Leftwing is probably their second greatest need, but the combination of anemic center depth in the pipeline and a lack of a 2nd round pick is going to force their hand, big-time.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't think there's any chance in hell Buffalo doesn't draft a C with their first-round pick. Leftwing is probably their second greatest need, but the combination of anemic center depth in the pipeline and a lack of a 2nd round pick is going to force their hand, big-time.

This is a good point and scares the hell out of me as an Oilers fan because I could see the Sabres target McNeil too (be a great fit playing between Foligno and Kassian). As well as the Sabres have been playing, I don't see them leapfrogging LA.:(

Jul 10, 2010
Good to know! I thought San Jose was still looking for someone to help the blueline out with Marleau, Heatley, Thorton, Pavelski, Couture, etc up front.

I'm not 100% on what teams needs are and with Coyle in the mix I thought they would be okay. But I guess San Jose needs to think long term- good to know and will take it into consideration for future mock drafts.

I didn't realize that Vlasic and co were so highly regarded.

We do lack a strong two way dman to play with our forwards ATM. But where we are picking, we have a very little chance of taking someone who can play within the window we have.

We have the defenceive prospects (IMO anyway) to fill a complete NHL defence after the Boyle, White, Huskins and Wallin leave (With Demers and Vlasic staying put)

Once Marleau, Thornton and Heatley leave in 3 years (not to mention possibley Clowe and or Pavelski) we lack forwards other then Couture, Seto and Coyle. Even if 2 of the 5 mentioned stayed, wed need at least 1 more top 6 forward.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Also, as a Bruins fan I would love to draft Hamilton, love the kids overall game and he looks like a solid pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->