Marcel Goc

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Does anyone know what Bylsma loves about Sutter so much that he's an untouchable piece of the third line (and that he even plays in both special teams)? Is it simply the fact that he's longer a member of the Pens or what? lol
That, and the fact that Sutter is Canadian and Goc is not. So in Bylsma's little mind, Sutter is better predisposed to "grinding *****es."

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Does anyone know what Bylsma loves about Sutter so much that he's an untouchable piece of the third line (and that he even plays in both special teams)? Is it simply the fact that he's longer a member of the Pens or what? lol

Fact is they should both be on the 3rd line (Goc will have to play wing because he's better at it than Sutter). Fact is neither of them should be on the PP, Goc should be getting more PK time than he is currently though.

Last edited:

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
That, and the fact that Sutter is Canadian and Goc is not. So in Bylsma's little mind, Sutter is better predisposed to "grinding *****es."

Actually, I have to wonder if part of the reason is that, organizationally, trading Sutter would make the Staal situation look bad (i.e. the center piece of the Staal deal was Sutter, and to get rid of Sutter thus makes it look like we gave up a #2 overall for what ended up being draft picks...)

Just speculating, but I wonder if that's not why Sutter might have a "long leash..."

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Actually, I have to wonder if part of the reason is that, organizationally, trading Sutter would make the Staal situation look bad (i.e. the center piece of the Staal deal was Sutter, and to get rid of Sutter thus makes it look like we gave up a #2 overall for what ended up being draft picks...)

Just speculating, but I wonder if that's not why Sutter might have a "long leash..."

Possibly, but if they can retain Goc and trade Sutter+ to get a top 6 winger, then it looks like a success. Honestly, I'm not sure how much Shero cares about how he looks.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
When we first traded for Goc i thought he should be on Sutter's wing, but the more i watch of Goc the more i think he should stay at center.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I'd be happy with him as our 3C if we can trade Sutter in a package for an impact winger for Sid.

Stempniak (or) Dupuis / Goc / Megna

Would be an awesome 3rd line. The wings could slide into the top 6 as needed for fill-ins. Top 6 of:

Kunitz / Crosby / (Sutter trade)
BB / Malkin / Neal

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Even Bylsma now likes Goc better! From last night's game:

Sutter PP TOI: 0:00 SH TOI: 2:44 TOI: 13:59
Goc PP TOI: 1:51 SH TOI: 2:58 TOI: 17:25

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Even Bylsma now likes Goc better! From last night's game:

Sutter PP TOI: 0:00 SH TOI: 2:44 TOI: 13:59
Goc PP TOI: 1:51 SH TOI: 2:58 TOI: 17:25

Yeah it was pretty obvious when Goc replaced him on the 2nd unit. Hopefully it sparks the kid.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I'd be happy with him as our 3C if we can trade Sutter in a package for an impact winger for Sid.

Stempniak (or) Dupuis / Goc / Megna

Would be an awesome 3rd line. The wings could slide into the top 6 as needed for fill-ins. Top 6 of:

Kunitz / Crosby / (Sutter trade)
BB / Malkin / Neal

That would be an awesome third line, but it entirely depends on resigning Goc and possibly Stempniak. Stempniak-Goc-Dupuis would be a challenger for best third line in the league, but it's also likely an expensive one. Cheap FA-Vitale-Megna could be a cheap fourth line and could balance that out if the latter two would take discounts, but I can easily see them both moving on to greener pastures.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Big fan of Goc, his play and what he brings to the team. He's a very underrated player on the boards and puck possession.

Completely killed us this year when the Panthers beat our ass that one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad