Marc Staal

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Carolina, over NYC? Come on

I wouldn't really be surprised if Marc Staal preferred to live in a place like NC over NYC to be honest.

That's not to say I think he'll book it to Carolina first chance he gets. I think he'll stay because he's got a great thing here and he's not in anyone's shadow. Staal is one of the leaders on our team and a huge part of our homegrown revival.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We really have no way of knowing where Staal's head is at with where his brothers are. However, at some point we're going to have to let one Staal, McDonagh or Girardi go due to cap reasons. (AKA, why Dylan McIlrath and Brady Skjei are extremely important members of our organization). Would anyone really be surprised to see it be Staal?

Also, speaking of Staal and the Carolinas. Random thought occurred to me today. If McIlrath is called up and plays in one of our games against the Canes, there's a distinct possibility we will see a game with our top picks from 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 on the ice. Every year except for last and Cherry.

Drewbackatu*

I still think he's the best D-man this team has, even with McD's excellent 2011-12 season.

I think Marc has found his niche rather nicely on this team. I never like the point that, "Well Jordan did it". Marc isn't Jordan. :laugh:

He definitely is playing better because he is obviously healthier than last year. However, I still don't understand why he ends up in a prone position on the ice at times during a game(like last nite) with his stick flailing away at the puck.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Let's win a Cup with Staal before his contract is up and worry about him leving afterwards. Sounds lke a plan to me.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We really have no way of knowing where Staal's head is at with where his brothers are. However, at some point we're going to have to let one Staal, McDonagh or Girardi go due to cap reasons. (AKA, why Dylan McIlrath and Brady Skjei are extremely important members of our organization). Would anyone really be surprised to see it be Staal?

Also, speaking of Staal and the Carolinas. Random thought occurred to me today. If McIlrath is called up and plays in one of our games against the Canes, there's a distinct possibility we will see a game with our top picks from 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 on the ice. Every year except for last and Cherry.

I'd be surprised if it's not Girardi. A player like him tends to regress rather quickly simply because of the way he plays.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad