Marc Staal

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Has been amazing this year!
Its nice too see him bounce back so well after last year's concussion.

And on top of good defensive play, he's actually been chipping in offensively and even leading the rush!

It's nice to see some of the idiots on the main board eating crow about him...
ie: This quote:

"Marc Staal has missed the entire season with a concussion. he's damaged goods."
- Some plug

3rdlineglory

Korsi Kevin
Dec 1, 2012
Mahopac, NY
He scored 29 points during the 10-11 season. The highest scoring forward that season was Brandon Dubinsky. For the most part he missed out on last year's offense, but he did give us a sneak peak during the playoffs. I'm really curious what kind of numbers he will put up this year.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
People questioned how good of a shut down defenseman Marc Staal was, so he decided to shut other teams down while racking up points.

Hell yes.

Vickers8

Most impressive is he's using his size and playing with a snarl now

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
It's much easier to appreciate our stud top 4 when our bottom pairing is not bringing down the overall defensive play of the team.

Four fantastic players, and any one of them can be the best player on the ice any given game. Staal has done just that many times so far this season. Love the Marc.

KreiMeARiver*

Feb 8 Staal recorded two assists in the Rangers' 4-1 victory against the Islanders on Thursday. He had three assists in his previous nine games this season.

Advice: Staal has five goals and one assist this season.

Gotta love Yahoo. haha

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
He's playing great.

I'm really hoping we can keep him long-term but the lure of his brothers down in Carolina is going to be tough to beat.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Some of his hits this year have been scary good. I forget which game but where he had the chance to level someone but cut in front of them and hit them not to injury them but still put them on their ass. Was amazing sportsman ship. He took the extra step that wasnt needed yet still made a huge hit. Want to say that was against Toronto.

Gabotrick

Nov 25, 2011
He's playing great.

I'm really hoping we can keep him long-term but the lure of his brothers down in Carolina is going to be tough to beat.

While playing with his brothers may be nice I remember reading an article on the Staal brothers when they were young that they would split into teams of two Jordan and Eric v.s. Marc and the Other one and the teams were always like this so they never played together. (I believe this was also referred to on the hf boards as well.) Also Marc is still probably pissed at Eric for that illegal hit that gave him a concussion while Eric somewhat refused to apologize on live tv or have any sort of remorse for him. Also Marc knows that the best situation right now is the Rangers they defense is stacked and they are a much better team than the Canes. Marc is getting a ton of ice team and in my opinion also having another allstar season. I for one do not worry about the Canes getting him. I believe that Marc will list the Rangers before the Canes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
While playing with his brothers may be nice I remember reading an article on the Staal brothers when they were young that they would split into teams of two Jordan and Eric v.s. Marc and the Other one and the teams were always like this so they never played together. (I believe this was also referred to on the hf boards as well.) Also Marc is still probably pissed at Eric for that illegal hit that gave him a concussion while Eric somewhat refused to apologize on live tv or have any sort of remorse for him. Also Marc knows that the best situation right now is the Rangers they defense is stacked and they are a much better team than the Canes. Marc is getting a ton of ice team and in my opinion also having another allstar season. I for one do not worry about the Canes getting him. I believe that Marc will list the Rangers before the Canes.

The thing is Jordan Staal was a 3rd line center who it's widely believed is better than some 2nd line centers. I don't it was only him wanting to play with Eric. Marc is getting a lot of minutes and is playng a very important role both offensively and defensively for the Rangers. The 2 situations are very different.

KreiMeARiver*

The thing is Jordan Staal was a 3rd line center who it's widely believed is better than some 2nd line centers. I don't it was only him wanting to play with Eric. Marc is getting a lot of minutes and is playng a very important role both offensively and defensively for the Rangers. The 2 situations are very different.

Jordan would even be a 1st line center on a bunch teams in this league ie: Nashville, Florida, Bruins, Sabres, Flames, Blue Jackets, Wild, Canadiens, etc... you get the picture.

He happened to be a 3rd line center behind 2 out of the 3 best players in the NHL.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So apparently, Francois Beachemin is better than Staal. Gotta love the main boards!

He's been playing great this year. And is now getting some well-deserved points. Also on a steal of a contract to boot!

Gabotrick

Nov 25, 2011
Im also pretty sure they also think Cam Fowler is better than our core four put together.....

KreiMeARiver*

So apparently, Francois Beachemin is better than Staal. Gotta love the main boards!

He's been playing great this year. And is now getting some well-deserved points. Also on a steal of a contract to boot!

Well, on the main boards, people think Karlsson is better than Ray Bourque and Bobby Orr.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006

I'm hoping you're right, but it'd be hard to blame him for leaving if he did.

*Bob Richards*

I still find this "brothers lure" to Carolina to be so odd. I just don't see it happening. Marc stays a Ranger.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I still find this "brothers lure" to Carolina to be so odd. I just don't see it happening. Marc stays a Ranger.

I think getting out of the shadows in Pittsburgh was just as important as playing with Eric, if not more so. Guy just didn't want to be the best 3rd line C in the league for the rest of his career.

I'm hopeful that Marc sees the positives of playing in NY and will stay here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad