Player Discussion Marc Staal: Part II

BLEETCH1994

Jun 11, 2019
Marc Staal if he was a car
iu

Honestly, put 900 Regular season games played in the NHL and show us how good you would look. Have another twinkie before the Domino's pizza guy shows up for you tonight.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Honestly, put 900 Regular season games played in the NHL and show us how good you would look. Have another twinkie before the Domino's pizza guy shows up for you tonight.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

y u have to be mad

the reference/analogy probably was over your head,.. but its slow moving and slow turning objects.

Reactions: BlessThisMess513

BLEETCH1994

Jun 11, 2019
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

y u have to be mad

the reference/analogy probably was over your head,.. but its slow moving and slow turning objects.

Not mad in the slightest. I apologize for coming off as a jerk. However, I find it funny that people that can't play the sport for shit criticize real athletes from their couch. Enjoy Marc's 890th regular season game for the Rangers tonight. Truly.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Not mad in the slightest. I apologize for coming off as a jerk. However, I find it funny that people that can't play the sport for shit criticize real athletes from their couch. Enjoy Marc's 890th regular season game for the Rangers tonight. Truly.
I dont have to be a weatherman to know it's raining outside. Just like I dont have to be a Conn Smythe winner to know Marc Staal is a tire fire on skates.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He was a great Ranger. Unfortunately, with a couple of terrible injuries, the 'new game' has past him by. Literally and figuratively

He's still serviceable but he's the worst defenseman on the team.

So, if someone comes to your house to renovate the kitchen and does a bad job, you cant question him because he's renovated 890 houses? Your logic does not hold up, as its based off of emotion.

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

BLEETCH1994

Jun 11, 2019
He was a great Ranger. Unfortunately, with a couple of terrible injuries, the 'new game' has past him by. Literally and figuratively

He's still serviceable but he's the worst defenseman on the team.

So, if someone comes to your house to renovate the kitchen and does a bad job, you cant question him because he's renovated 890 houses? Your logic does not hold up, as its based off of emotion.

I get what you are saying...I really do. I am agreeably basing it on emotion. I do not know your age, but I'm in my 40's.

I saw the Rangers win the Cup in my 20's. I have been a fan since the early 80's. I'm tattooed with the team and I have a closet full of game used jerseys.

All I know is that I have seen 2 players break the top 10 all time regular season games played in all that time. And it's an original 6 team that has had an amazing cast of characters. Love him or hate him now, I look forward to seeing him and Hank play every game for this team until they call it a career. Peace.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
100 years from now, Marc Staal will lead the afterlife in giveaways, passing Publisher's Clearinghouse.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

blame Sather for that awful contract extension. His high bar was 20 points since he was 24 years old so he gets a 6 year extension (smh) while hit hit numbers fell dramatically.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I can not believe we have another year of him. This is like the contract that won’t end
Yep. I guess we just have to deal with it. Unless Staal Retires Quinn is not taking him out of the lineup. ADA is gonna have to drag him around next year as well

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
It’s hard to believe he just turned 33. He plays like he’s 4 years older.

Playing for Torts does that to you.

Imagine if your job was getting hit by 5 to 6 rubber slugs a day. Let me know how you feel the next morning.

Theres a reason why Girardi fell off a cliff physically, why people were worried about McD and why I didnt want Staal to get an extension.

That being said, the amount of disrespect he gets is only overshadowed by Hank. Dude has been a positive contributor for most of his career and one could only wonder where he would be with 2 functioning eyes and without his brother murdering his brain.

Reactions: FultonReed

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Playing for Torts does that to you.

Imagine if your job was getting hit by 5 to 6 rubber slugs a day. Let me know how you feel the next morning.

Theres a reason why Girardi fell off a cliff physically, why people were worried about McD and why I didnt want Staal to get an extension.

That being said, the amount of disrespect he gets is only overshadowed by Hank. Dude has been a positive contributor for most of his career and one could only wonder where he would be with 2 functioning eyes and without his brother murdering his brain.

Staal has been flaming ass since Stralman left so in reality, he was a positive contributor for half of his career.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Yep. I guess we just have to deal with it. Unless Staal Retires Quinn is not taking him out of the lineup. ADA is gonna have to drag him around next year as well
Whoa there...Quinn took him out of the lineup this year (three games if I remember right) and he certainly played better when he came back. It’s a merit game. If there are better options, He won’t play. I thought he was a lock to return for next year but unless he was injured, his minutes were clearly cut during the playoffs and I am now not certain. He could be bought out and the savings invested into someone like Brendan Dillon or Joel Edmundson.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lol Marc Staal was still really, really, bad when he came back from surgery. From Dec 8 (when he returned) to the end of the regular season he was at the bottom of the list amongst regulars in almost every major statistical category (including TOI, so his minutes being cut are not a new development.) I know Uncle Larry tired to spin his GA numbers by comparing him to a shit load of players who had 100+ more minutes played than he did, but even that ended up leveling out as time went on.

Most of us who have wanted him gone have been told by the pro-staal'ers that he would be fine if he was just used in a 3rd pair role because he is still "rock solid" defensively. He was used in that role this year and he was still a major liability.

He was the worst D in the league when not paired with DeAngelo this year, its not a coincidence that he looked like a drunk beer leaguer during the play ins since DeAngelo couldn't carry him around on one leg. This is who he is and has been.

He can't be sheltered in any role and needs to go. He only played because the coaches and FO love him, Smith was a better option and played forward for almost the whole season because of it. Even if they didn't have a replacement in Hartford, they could have easily picked up a player off the scrap heap who would have outperformed Staal.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Whoa there...Quinn took him out of the lineup this year (three games if I remember right) and he certainly played better when he came back. It’s a merit game. If there are better options, He won’t play. I thought he was a lock to return for next year but unless he was injured, his minutes were clearly cut during the playoffs and I am now not certain. He could be bought out and the savings invested into someone like Brendan Dillon or Joel Edmundson.
I think edmundson would look solid but he’s gonna have a good playoffs like last year and are we willing to give him 4 million plus annually?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad