Player Discussion Marc Staal Appreciation Thread

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Love him or hate him, he was a terrific Ranger who represented our jersey with nothing but pride. Total class act.

Worked his ass off here in NY. Led by example and was a complete professional on and off the ice.

Thank you for your 13 seasons of service here, Marc. I hope Dolan compensates you handsomely for your cushy CT digz.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

EveryFlawedDutchsmoushond-small.gif

cropped_crosby.gif

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Bad player now, bad player in the past, who people thought was good in a time where they really didn't know how to evaluate defenseman. He was never good for a prolonged period of time. Had a solid 07-08 that's about it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really had no issues with Staal, his contract just got a little dicey in the end, and his injuries made him a shell of himself sadly. It seems age has caught up to all of us now, as we see the players we grew up watching the last 10 years or so now leaving and/or on the verge of retiring or retired. It truly is sad. I think when Lundqvist is gone, that one is going to really hurt.

Reactions: egelband and Kupo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He brought his best every single night, even when his best was terrible. He never took a shift off and was from all indications a great teammate and a leader in the clubhouse. He was also one of the few guys we've had in recent times who regularly showed a backbone.

I appreciate his contributions to the franchise and will remember him for what I wrote above, and not the past several years where he was physically unable to keep up.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
At one point he was a great Ranger. Injuries killed his career way too early. The concussion then the puck to the eye. He always worked his ass off and was loyal. Not his fault Sather gave him that ridiculous deal when he was already damaged goods. I hope after he retires he comes back for a proper send off

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i will try to remember him for the good old days when he could see out of both eyes

Reactions: nyr2k2

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Guy was a TRUE professional here and gave everything he had on the ice for this franchise. He became limited and just kept giving it his all. You can't overlook that and even though the last few years have been rough I appreciate everything he gave and did for this franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad