Marc Denis appreciation thread

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Funny thing, Denis may one day more remembered for his media career than his hockey one if he continues like that.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
He's great, but he speaks way too fast. He needs to take a breath, I feel like he's gonna pass out one day.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Frankly not a fan. Too cold, not enough emotion. And too nerdy. He keeps siding with the refs way too much. Doesn't like the physical play, etc...

That's because he's not biased when it comes to referees. A lot of the time we complain but the other team also has a reason to complain. He has a balanced view about referees and it's somewhat refreshing.

He used to be colder. An interview like he did yesterday with Weise shows how far he's come.

As for emotion, he's a good counter balance for Houde's emotion.

Frankly, they're both amazing, even despite Houde being past his prime. When it comes to the game itself, RDS is probably the best in business. There's nobody I'd take over Houde. Only a prime Bob Cole is better IMO.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I like him he's really good but perfect grammar? Not quite. i still hear him saying ''le bras s'extentionner'' sometimes :laugh:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
RDS deserve props to be able to employ the best in the business (Denis) and the absolute worst (Gaston Therrien)

Actually, I just can't stand Jocelyn Lemieux on RDS, every time he talks, I'm switching channels

In Marc Denis, I trust.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
IMO Marc Denis and Pierre Houde are the best color and play-by-play guys doing Habs games in the past few years. I'll reserve judgment on the new guys on other networks and radio.

Last edited:

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
meh dont like him.. RDS is garbage anyways.. there are much worse people working for RDS though

I'm a big fan of their broadcast team (well... play by play and colour). I really appreciate the effort and professionalism of Pierre Houde. He has his rough moments at times, but it's a tough job and I don't mind them. His voice his great and I like his personality. Marc is very smart, very well spoken, and fits great with Pierre.

I really liked Joël as well, I miss him. The first time I saw him on the air I didn't like him at all, thought he looked a bit douchey but he really grew on me and before he took off, I thought he was by far the most talented person on the air on RDS (not that the competition is very stiff).

I think RDS gets way too much underserved flak. Not because they're amazing or anything, but because people have unrealistic expectations. Every single hockey broadcast is filled with trashy, showboating idiots who try way too hard to create controversy but for whatever reason, RDS often gets singled-out.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
RDS often gets singled-out.

Well, that's normal since it's where most of us actually watch Habs game given their access over the past few years. When people watch HNIC, they usually get pretty torn apart by the fan base as well for being ridiculously stupid 90% of their broadcast. Cherry, Stock and Healy get ripped pretty hard here relative to the amount of Habs games they actually cover.

Lionel Mandrake

Denis is the perfect analyst for RDS. After years of screwing up, props to RDS they finally got it right. Him and Pierre are a top notch duo.

In contrast, TVA Sport has quite a bit a catching up to do to be at RDS level as far as broadcast teams go. Seguin is average and Lalime is dreadful. The both combined are junior level at best. That's not even getting into the horrible intermission team they put together.

Luckily for us, there are more games on RDS than TVA Sport. Imagine if RDS had lost all broadcasting rights. And from what I've seen so far, Sportsnet hasn't been much better than TVA. They get a pass on year one, but hopefully there will be some changes made on year two of that new deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad