Marc Bergevin -'The answer is in that room'- Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I'm down with pessimism right now, you are totally correct that its hard not to be.

Max is our BEST trade asset on the Habs. He sucks wieners this year but he could land us some great stuff ( high 1st round pick, decent prospects etc)

Now if you said " We will only get a 4th round for Patches cause MB sucks at negotiating and some GM will fleece him" then everyone on the board ( few exceptions) would have been behind ya
In terms of picks Max will only get us a low 1st round one, as this is what a playoff team could give us...

I say that Weber needs to be traded. We're not winning the cup short term. He's a 32 year old asset who's only going to depreciate. We don't have anyone to pair him with anyway. We needed to get a center back if we were going to trade PK. We can still do that by trading Weber.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
In terms of picks Max will only get us a low 1st round one, as this is what a playoff team could give us...

I say that Weber needs to be traded. We're not winning the cup short term. He's a 32 year old asset who's only going to depreciate. We don't have anyone to pair him with anyway. We needed to get a center back if we were going to trade PK. We can still do that by trading Weber.

Sorry when I said "high" first round, I meant like high in the draft order like 20-30 first round. I should have been more clear. :booboo:

I agree Weber should be traded. Marsh-mellow Mountain should be actively shopped.
Does three great things for us.
1) helps the tank
2) Frees up EVEN MORE CAPSPACE
4) Get good value as you stated currently. Another few years and we won't get shit for him. Assuming he's still playing

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
I think that the last remaining Bergevin supporters have vacated rather than conceded defeat.

76ftw, Scrub adam, Habsaholic golfer and Belia.... who am I forgetting??

I onl ysee 76 left, and yesterday I think they said Bergie failed and wanted him gone.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
76ftw, Scrub adam, Habsaholic golfer and Belia.... who am I forgetting??

I onl ysee 76 left, and yesterday I think they said Bergie failed and wanted him gone.

I don't see the other ones post much lately.

@jaffy27 also seems to have left. In his last post he blamed Gainey and Gauthier for the failures of this season.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Which I think could be relevant. People underscout the Q. Yanni Gourde was there for the taking. Samuel Blais is probably better than a lot of non Q playing in this league right now. Cédric Paquette would have been a heck of a bottom sixer. And when I talk about the Q....I talk about the Q. Palat would have been taken earlier if not from the Q. So many examples that you could use the Q as your mini-Sweden (I said mini...) that you should look at it differently. Mind you, with all the money that Molson has, we shouldu scout more and everywhere. Not just the Q.

Or hire better guys.

They have 15 amateur scouts, 15 ! Imagine that... and I think Audette and Boisvert are scouting mostly the Q, but things ain't shiny on that front.

It's about the same, pro-scout wise. Bergevin replaced Karpan (who left for LV, look where they stand, tells alot about pro scouting) by Eric Crawford, the man who's kind of responsible for the Nucks suckitude. He's been here for the last 2 seasons, look what we got last year, look what we got this summer... and damn, they have 3 pro scouts for the West, perhaps 1 for the East (David McLean?), 1 for the NCAA, and no damn pro scout for Europe, so I guess they're just trying their luck there.

But I'm getting carried away, like WTK, I also believe regions who produce the most NHL like potential needs to be scouted first, and to me those are the OHL, NCAA and Sweden. The Q is being screwed up by Gilles Courteau, and have been for wayyyyy too long.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Or hire better guys.

They have 15 amateur scouts, 15 ! Imagine that... and I think Audette and Boisvert are scouting mostly the Q, but things ain't shiny on that front.

It's about the same, pro-scout wise. Bergevin replaced Karpan (who left for LV, look where they stand, tells alot about pro scouting) by Eric Crawford, the man who's kind of responsible for the Nucks suckitude. He's been here for the last 2 seasons, look what we got last year, look what we got this summer... and damn, they have 3 pro scouts for the West, perhaps 1 for the East (David McLean?), 1 for the NCAA, and no damn pro scout for Europe, so I guess they're just trying their luck there.

But I'm getting carried away, like WTK, I also believe regions who produce the most NHL like potential needs to be scouted first, and to me those are the OHL, NCAA and Sweden. The Q is being screwed up by Gilles Courteau, and have been for wayyyyy too long.

Who is Gilles Courteau and how he is screwing the Q?

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
I don't see the other ones post much lately.

@jaffy27 also seems to have left. In his last post he blamed Gainey and Gauthier for the failures of this season.

Oh ya, forgot about Jaffy's recent shitposting. He went quiet for a while and then had a sudden resurgence.... must have been because the habs won 2 games in a row.

kidding, i am sure that wasn't the reason.

Reactions: DAChampion

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Or hire better guys.

No problem with more and better. Never was. Audette and Boisvert proved nothing. But no matter the fact that the Q does not look as good as it once looked, it doesn't mean that you can't get 2 or 3 guys out of it. There are still just 20 guys playing. Not 100. Yes, I will always agree that you have to be everywhere. But you cannot discard the Q like some teams are doing. That's exactly how Detroit were able to find their guys, by other teams underscouting regions. Well treat the Q as is as well. Nope...I'M not saying you will find a Datsyuk.....but you might not have to acquire a Dwight King in the process.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Oh ya, forgot about Jaffy's recent ****posting. He went quiet for a while and then had a sudden resurgence.... must have been because the habs won 2 games in a row.

kidding, i am sure that wasn't the reason.

Can't be. Frankly, only Belial is there when it's not going well. The rest do totally dissapear. But I guess he just has nothing to add. Not hearing them says a lot.....Contrary to us who are ALWAYS there EVEN when we won 5 or 6 games....

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Sorry when I said "high" first round, I meant like high in the draft order like 20-30 first round. I should have been more clear. :booboo:

I agree Weber should be traded. Marsh-mellow Mountain should be actively shopped.
Does three great things for us.
1) helps the tank
2) Frees up EVEN MORE CAPSPACE
4) Get good value as you stated currently. Another few years and we won't get **** for him. Assuming he's still playing

More capspace?!

My god... we can sign TWO John Tavares’!!!!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Can't be. Frankly, only Belial is there when it's not going well. The rest do totally dissapear. But I guess he just has nothing to add. Not hearing them says a lot.....Contrary to us who are ALWAYS there EVEN when we won 5 or 6 games....

I’m convinced one of them is actually Marc Bergevin and he comes here to gloat when the team wins a few games. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Personally I feel we gave up on Gainey way too soon after just one "bad" trade.
It wasn't just one bad trade. He let the entire core go without any return. I've never seen anything like it.

Again, loved Gainey but his time was up and I don't think we should bring him back. Let's just move on now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Photos in the link but here they are.

26114147_10155237273246593_2505067849218524569_n.jpg
26166759_10155237273251593_4510556059175543404_n.jpg
26169610_10155237273256593_3411748147314569738_n.jpg

26055680_10155237273241593_2856724864265740236_n.jpg
The little unhappy smiles are hilarious.

Reactions: sheed36 and PhysicX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad