Marc Bergevin - Take It Or Leave It Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
There's been a refreshing absence of stupidity from our GM in 2018. Can he stay on his cleanse in 2019, or will he blow it and go on a playoff binge in February?
There's clearly someone else who made those decisions! Come on now Lshap.

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Handling of JDR& Scherbak reflects same asset incompetence he's previously shown... While smaller assets, still the same bumbling and nonsensical decision making
That's the nice thing about the last few seasons -- there's enough material to always find something to agree on. :laugh:

FYI: The tickets to last night's game had Nikita Scherbak's photo on them. Had a good laugh. Then I cried a bit.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's the nice thing about the last few seasons -- there's enough material to always find something to agree on. :laugh:

FYI: The tickets to last night's game had Nikita Scherbak's photo on them. Had a good laugh. Then I cried a bit.
The TSN opening had a pic of Max Pacioretty.........in December? The guy was traded in Sept but then again TSN are so focused on the Leafs...

As for Bergevin, please fire this clown...asap...for a couple of decent moves in the summer, I am afraid there is some more real stupid bonehead decisions coming...soon. Hope I am wrong...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Well, nobody. DLR and Scherbak weren't better than anyone in our lineup. Which means either we wasted two good picks, or we wasted away their potential, and then left them on the curb with the trash.

I just don't understand the asset mismanagement thing that keeps being brought back daily.

What did DLR and Nikita show during the camp? Not a lot...

At one moment you have to make decisions...

Reactions: Vachon23

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
This summer is certainly looking like it was a monumental success in multiple departments - from amateur scouting to pro scouting, to personnel changes in both the front office and on the ice, to a clear shift in attitude on the team in general. It has been a treat to watch and certainly gives new hope to a team that was trending in the wrong direction. Full credit to Bergevin for it, and we'll see how things develop from now onward. Things certainly look bright.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I just don't understand the asset mismanagement thing that keeps being brought back daily.

What did DLR and Nikita show during the camp? Not a lot...

At one moment you have to make decisions...
I have no problem with the decision to let them go. I have a big problem with the chain of decisions, from their drafting through their development, that left us with two top picks with zero value.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I have no problem with the decision to let them go. I have a big problem with the chain of decisions, from their drafting through their development, that left us with two top picks with zero value.
It's the reality of the league though... You're not good enough for the NHL on this team? you hit the waivers and someone else can claim you...

It's actually a good sign of a healthy organization when other teams claim our players. :laugh:

Reactions: Fixxer

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Lol... Even the marketing team sees what MB can't...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
There's been a refreshing absence of stupidity from our GM in 2018. Can he stay on his cleanse in 2019, or will he blow it and go on a playoff binge in February?

He's really good since Dudley leave .. is it just a coincidence or he was a bad influence on MB ?

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Ok, new thread for MB......cool

The guy is doing a good job so far, he should try to get Toews and Keith for Mete and poehling and a 2nd round draft pick........ that would be nice

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Ok, new thread for MB......cool

The guy is doing a good job so far, he should try to get Toews and Keith for Mete and poehling and a 2nd round draft pick........ that would be nice

You know that we this trade your adding 16m on cap space ? Amd I'm not talking about us giving young asset for 2 players who there best day are behind them !

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
You know that we this trade your adding 16m on cap space ?

Obviously, the Hawks would have to help there, maybe take Alzner or Schlemko. im no expert on the cap thing but cap friendly says our actual cap space is 15 222 821 $

Amd I'm not talking about us giving young asset for 2 players who there best day are behind them !

Toews is only 30 and still a very good player, as for Keith i think him playing with Weber would help him to give another 3 years of good hockey and his cap hit is very reasonable

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Keith? He's 35 and the Forecaster underscores the following flaws:

Is a little undersized to play against giant-sized NHL forwards. Is not capable of taking his offensive game to the next level, as he is not a natural power-play quarterback. Could also stand to improve his shot from the point, which is only average (at best).

Keith is signed 4 more years taking him to age 40. I don't think so.

Weber will not be getting any faster. His ideal pairing partner should be a younger PMD.

Reactions: groovejuice

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Keith? He's 35 and the Forecaster underscores the following flaws:

Is a little undersized to play against giant-sized NHL forwards. Is not capable of taking his offensive game to the next level, as he is not a natural power-play quarterback. Could also stand to improve his shot from the point, which is only average (at best).

Keith is signed 4 more years taking him to age 40. I don't think so.

Weber will not be getting any faster. His ideal pairing partner should be a younger PMD.
Like Dahlin?...Let's ship him to Buffalo and get Stl's 1st.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Like Dahlin?...Let's ship him to Buffalo and get Stl's 1st.
Buffalo is looking like the perfect trade partner. They should be buying whatever it takes to make a playoff run this year. No way Bergevin trades another team-captain, but Petry would be a great fit for them. It would probably take more than him for Buffalo to give up the St Louis 1st, but it's a workable trade.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Buffalo is looking like the perfect trade partner. They should be buying whatever it takes to make a playoff run this year. No way Bergevin trades another team-captain, but Petry would be a great fit for them. It would probably take more than him for Buffalo to give up the St Louis 1st, but it's a workable trade.
I agree, that's why I mention Weber and not Petry.
If we talk what Bergevin is likely to do, he won't trade either of them. He's likely to stick with status quo, maybe get a Drewiske or Campoli type...bottom 6 forwards...and let it play out. Regroup in summer.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad