Marc Bergevin: Search for Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Predictable...

People also heard Bergevin calling Radulov a dog and it never happened.

Why don't you lose the antagonistic attitude? If you can't discuss in a civil manner without insults and aggression, you should find another hobby.

Reactions: Pickles

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Why don't you lose the antagonistic attitude? If you can't discuss in a civil manner without insults and aggression, you should find another hobby.
Bro! You said there was a quote somewhere where Bergevin directly says that he's not 100% in charge of this club anymore! I asked you to show me that quote.

Where's the antagonistic attitude and the noncivil manner discussion in all of this?

Show me the quote or stop it.

Reactions: Habby4Life

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Bro! You said there was a quote somewhere where Bergevin directly says that he's not 100% in charge of this club anymore! I asked you to show me that quote.

Where's the antagonistic attitude and the noncivil manner discussion in all of this?

Show me the quote or stop it.

This is my last post to you, on this or any other matter. You conveniently don't recall a situation that was discussed at length here, and called me a liar for bringing it up.

Other posters recall it and there has been added discussion. So be it. You resort to rudeness and aggression rather than civil dialogue. I won't waste my time any further.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think the issue here is we need to forget that we got him by trading Subban. Once you get past this, you might come to realize the value Weber still has. Babcock shut the Montreal media quite well last year with his "if you don't want him, we will take him".

I feel bad for Weber. So many people don't give him the credit he deserves. Yeah, he is not an elite level skater. He never was. If he was, I'd agree with the decline concerns. In truth, I was more worried about Markov cause he was an elite skater IMO in his prime. When he had that knee surgery, I was concerned he lost his speed. Well, Markov survived and he transitioned into a smarter player with vision and making the right play. Pretty sure people are happy with his production in his 30's
actually, YOU need to do that as YOU are the one bringing up Subban all the time.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This is my last post to you, on this or any other matter. You conveniently don't recall a situation that was discussed at length here, and called me a liar for bringing it up.

Other posters recall it and there has been added discussion. So be it. You resort to rudeness and aggression rather than civil dialogue. I won't waste my time any further.
Whatever man. I have no idea why you get so worked up all the time, it's just a message board. Have a good evening.

And when you post something around here you shouldn't be surprised you might get challenged.

Other posters recall it? Recall what? That his body language was different and he was less arrogant therefore he's not in charge anymore? Please....

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So that's why we drafted Morgan Rielly in 2012... oh wait...

He'd just came on board and is quoted as saying he let Timmins have his pick. Doesn't mean it was always his pick.

Bergevin's been quoted in the past saying they decided by commitee. Now he says Timmins has the last word, so something has changed, deal with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Yeah I have a few people who I am tired or running in circles with.

Now, you've reached that point? Man, you're either really patient, or you just really like re-reading yourself saying the same thing over and over again...

I'll assume you're a Saint ;)

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In all the years I've been posting here, I've never seen Groove like this before.

You're killing me, man.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't enjoy getting frustrated. I'll discuss any topic as long there's a reasonable give and take and someone doesn't make it personal or use insults.

It's no secret that most boards are polarized. I have no problem with widely divergent opinions.

Calling another poster a liar, however (with absolutely no proof) to gain some imaginary traction in a freakin' hockey discussion is the lowest of the low.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Bergy is going to Finland until Sunday....they say he going to watch Ylonen...Kakko and Honka...and maybe look at guys in the SM Liiga without NHL contracts....is he going hunting for D?

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Bergy is going to Finland until Sunday....they say he going to watch Ylonen...Kakko and Honka...and maybe look at guys in the SM Liiga without NHL contracts....is he going hunting for D?
The guy is going on vacation. That's about it.
He'll make sure to pop down the arena and pose with his cellphone so Lebrun can scoop us on how he's working the phone so much.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Could be bad weekend if we lose 2 more straight, esp against the poo. Good time to get out of town.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He'll make sure to pop down the arena and pose with his cellphone so Lebrun can scoop us on how he's working the phone so much.

Of all places to go on vacation in November ... Finland?

It's Thanksgiving weekend. The best place to go for vacation right now is any American tradition with a great culinary level, such as Charleston, SC.

Also, Bergevin is allowed to go on vacation. If he wants to take a week off, he can just announce that he's taking a week off, it's fine, as long as he doesn't do it every second week or more like Trump does.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He should just put a patch on his ear to pretend that it hurts so much from all the phone calls. A hard hat and ear muffs might work

qAkHkNp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bergy is the last guy we should send out hunting for D.................he is the reason we are now, where we are............he need to be sent on a permanent vacation.

If the executive takes any advice from Bergevin on a possible solution for our D, they should throw him in the trunk of a car.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't enjoy getting frustrated. I'll discuss any topic as long there's a reasonable give and take and someone doesn't make it personal or use insults.

It's no secret that most boards are polarized. I have no problem with widely divergent opinions.

Calling another poster a liar, however (with absolutely no proof) to gain some imaginary traction in a freakin' hockey discussion is the lowest of the low.

LOL
The other day I was talking about how this board has been split ever since I can remember.
What I didn't discuss was how I see that split. Those who know hockey and those who don't.
You know where you sit in my books. By the way imaginary traction is up there somewhere in our front office.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
LOL
The other day I was talking about how this board has been split ever since I can remember.
What I didn't discuss was how I see that split. Those who know hockey and those who don't.
You know where you sit in my books. By the way imaginary traction is up there somewhere in our front office.

In fairness I think it's more accurate that there are always knowledgeable posters on either side of a particular debate. There often isn't even a right or wrong answer.

I think occasionally some people are so emotionally invested in their arguments, or more correctly, their sports politics, that they'll go far outside the realm of common courtesy and fellowship to "win" in their own minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->