Marc Bergevin: Redemption Song Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
His record 5+ years ago is actually good. It's in the last 5 years where he's missed POs, if you look at last year and this year too going off points, we should not have made the POs.
He has another season. There's no reason to rush anything.

So he did OK with the team he inherited and the team started to stink once his moves, cough, Lefebvre, cough, Therrien, cough, cough, started having an impact?

More Radulov and Markov than Therrien, I guess... I stand by listing Lefebvre.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In lieu of counter-arguments, you simply try to paint my post. Think you're gonna nwed to develop those debating skills a bit.

;)

cUjZV0k.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No that's not what I'm presenting but this is you so I'm not surprised. You always have to twist what others post to make your arguments sound better.

Never claimed we are for sure locked in as a non PO team. All I said is, looking the standings, non-covid, we do not make the POs these past two seasons. So before saying Betge is awesome, I'll wait to see us at least outdo what we've already done, ie reach the semis.
You turning this into me not thinking youth growth is a reality is beyond lame.

It's re twist after your twist on the previous obviously. Don't act so innocent

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Listen to what other players, members of the media, and executives are saying about Montreal. That's what you are missing
You didn't answer my question. What movement did they make? They got spanked last year's playoffs by a flawed Philly team after finishing 24th in the season?

Please explain the movement they made.

What people say in the media doesn't hold much water. People praised Brian Burke as they do MB. Hockey circles are a club.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You didn't answer my question. What movement did they make? They got spanked last year's playoffs by a flawed Philly team after finishing 24th in the season?

Please explain the movement they made.

What people say in the media doesn't hold much water. People praised Brian Burke as they do MB. Hockey circles are a club.

I did answer you question. And I already spoken to it on previous posts. No need for me to echo the same comments over and over again.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's re twist after your twist on the previous obviously. Don't act so innocent
What are you babbling about. My first post was to wait till we see this team challenged more, ie play better teams, and actually get to a new level, before claiming Berge to have had this awesome vision. Even mentioned how they've been impressive but let's see how we do versus teams we didn't face all season.
You came in with "oh..back end compliment" crap, and off you went.

You had no issues going with "let's wait and see" for years here...God forbid someone says it now after a 7 game win streak.

Yawn.

Reactions: Miller Time

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What are you babbling about. My first post was to wait till we see this team challenged more, ie play better teams, and actually get to a new level, before claiming Berge to have had this awesome vision. Even mentioned how they've been impressive but let's see how we do versus teams we didn't face all season.
You came in with "oh..back end compliment" crap, and off you went.

You had no issues going with "let's wait and see" for years here...God forbid someone says it now after a 7 game win streak.

Yawn.

giphy.gif

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Listen to what other players, members of the media, and executives are saying about Montreal. That's what you are missing

you mean like a month ago, when the overwhelming media conversation about MB was the hot seat he was on?

you know, you don't have to gloss over and ignore the full context of the situation in order to enjoy it... This is a great run for the team to be on. MB is the same GM he was a few weeks ago.

The consensus in the circles you speak of was that the habs would get blown out by the laffs... then beat by the jets... are you really surprised that in the face of getting that wrong, people are tripping over themselves to tell a different story? That's how the PR game works.

Sit back, enjoy the ride, don't obsess about trying to re-write history. Our results over his tenure speak for themselves. Blind squirrels find nuts sometimes, and eating is all that matters in the end. Just enjoy the snack and know that we are all hoping that it turns into a feast!

Reactions: Runner77

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
This board is definitely biased when it comes to Bergevin. When you have a poll and the majority chooses to lose to the Leafs just so we can justify firing the GM, you know there's some strong feelings there :P

Reactions: Sugar Domi

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This board is definitely biased when it comes to Bergevin. When you have a poll and the majority chooses to lose to the Leafs just so we can justify firing the GM, you know there's some strong feelings there :P
God forbid people have a bias against someone who's been here for a decade and biggest accomplishment is two semi finals 8 years apart. :sarcasm:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Assuming our journey ends in the semi-finals, I think it would prudent to wait with the extention until Bergs' contract runs out.

Let's see what this team is made of in a season with full training camp under Ducharme, normal intervals between games (which should benefit our team in particular, due to it's "very old+very young" core composition), normal divisional format and any changes that will be made to the roster in the off-season. If we make the playoffs and do some damage there it will mean that the retool is trending in the right direction and Bergevin should be re-signed.

Probably won't happen though and he's going to be re-signed this off-season. I won't be suicidal if he is, but there's some risk in that scenario.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
God forbid people have a bias against someone who's been here for a decade and biggest accomplishment is two semi finals 8 years apart. :sarcasm:
I understand some people's exhaustion with Bergevin. I do think, though, that it crosses a line when you actively root for the team to lose in the playoffs, but that's just my opinion. I also don't like how anyone who kinda likes Bervegin gets teamed up and dunked on in this thread.

I like Bergevin but mostly stay away form this thread nowadays because I know what I'd get if I said anything lol! Plus I don't particularly fault anyone for having the opposing opinion anyway.

Reactions: 417 and teamfirst

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I understand some people's exhaustion with Bergevin. I do think, though, that it crosses a line when you actively root for the team to lose in the playoffs, but that's just my opinion. I also don't like how anyone who kinda likes Bervegin gets teamed up and dunked on in this thread.

I like Bergevin but mostly stay away form this thread nowadays because I know what I'd get if I said anything lol! Plus I don't particularly fault anyone for having the opposing opinion anyway.
But it's not actively cheering for the team to lose. There is a very important context to consider here. The question was do you prefer the Habs beat the Leafs and see the GM get an extension, or lose and see him get fired.
So you have to understand the people who rather see him get fired already assume the Habs are not going to accomplish anything in these POs, and have no faith in the GMs ability to build a contender.
So when you factor this, well it's perfectly logical they rather lose and see him replaced.

If you simply asked fans..do you prefer winning vs the Leafs, or losing, with it having no barring on the GMs future, everyone will choose to win.

Reactions: Rapala and Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad