Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Training camp Day 1.

Team consensus: We are F....d.

Also speculate that more than one player was ticked at how MB spoke about Markov, Rads etc. I mean Markov just went out day after day and played the best he could and you couldnt get any lower maintenance than him. And 990 games in. You respect the guy, not treat him like a urinal. MB treats players like a urinal. Amazing he was actually once a player.
It's because no one that he ever played with that had any skill ever liked him. He was never accepted into the cool kid club, so now he hates skill.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
One day, MB will be fired, and we will ALL be like..

tumblr_mwumuabSoq1qe46u5o1_250.gif
tumblr_nvd37ayNcg1uweh2qo1_250.gif
CooperativeCluelessFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

And MB will be like..

85627065.jpg

Attachments

• 85627065.jpg
    85627065.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Gainey was fantastic before his daughter died.

The only thing i see with Bergevin is our dark hole getting deeper.

Radulov had to been retained at all costs, 6.25 from us was a lowball offer, he was worth at least 7.25 from us to even out the taxes. The day we lost him was the day my hate for Bergevin went Super Saiyan.

I have been there since Subban.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Why bad NHL General Managers rarely get fired

"Among the lowlights: Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin saying that "with a better or different attitude, we don't have 40 losses," two years after making one of the most regrettable trades in NHL history under the auspices of "a different attitude" for his franchise … "

The article goes on to name other GMs who are burrowed into their organizations like ticks—Garth Snow, Ken Holland, and Peter Chiarelli.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If it was only one season, I’d be inclined to agree maybe it’s just bad luck or there is more than meets the eye.

Bergevin has been a failure right from the get go, Michel Therrien hiring is the first sign, the Subban Bridge being the second sign, the Desharnais extension. There was lots of warning signs that this guy was in over his head.

I truly believe he got lucky on several transactions, Vanek being one of them. Snow came circling back at the last second to Bergevin’s low ball offer (this is a fact) because something else fell through.

He’s gotten lucky on a couple other trades, like the Weise & Danault trades.

He’s in Mike Milbury territory. He’s THAT bad. There is no stroke of genius behind the scenes. He’s a complete ****ing moron.

You've described him in a nutshell. He's a con man but Geoff somehow still hasn't caught on.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have been there since Subban.

I hated missing out on Larry Robinson and seeing an honest to goodness, tell-it-like-it-is standup guy like Robinson having to explain over and over how he never said no to an assistant coaching job, he was having issues with his home and just wanted a little more time. Right there, it smelled bad as Bergevin used the delay that Robinson needed to bypass him and hire his friend JJD.

Then, another major warning sign came when he hired The Flatulent Neanderthal as head coach.

The Subban trade, however, just killed it completely for me, just as it did for you, OC. I've been waiting for his ouster ever since.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Other things you haven't mentionned.
6) Knowing since training camp that there was an attitude problem in the locker room and not doing anything about it. No veteran was an healty scratch, no trade during the season etc.

Does anyone buy the "attitude" argument? I don't. There is no "attitude" problem in the room.

There certainly is an aptitude problem with Bergevin, however.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

"Among the lowlights: Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin saying that "with a better or different attitude, we don't have 40 losses," two years after making one of the most regrettable trades in NHL history under the auspices of "a different attitude" for his franchise … "

The article goes on to name other GMs who are burrowed into their organizations like ticks—Garth Snow, Ken Holland, and Peter Chiarelli.

Nice this is proof that Molson has absolutly nooooo idea, no confidence in what hes doing.

Hes heading this team to toilets again.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I hated missing out on Larry Robinson and seeing an honest to goodness, tell-it-like-it-is standup guy like Robinson having to explain over and over how he never said no to an assistant coaching job, he was having issues with his home and just wanted a little more time. Right there, it smelled bad as Bergevin used the delay that Robinson needed to bypass him and hire his friend JJD.

Then, another major warning sign came when he hired The Flatulent Neanderthal as head coach.

The Subban trade, however, just killed it completely for me. I've been waiting for his ouster ever since.

That was so brutal, he will be remembered for that trade, what a terrible move.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That was so brutal, he will be remembered for that trade, what a terrible move.

I'm at the point where I can't stand hearing the man's voice, which is why listening to PCs is such a chore for me.

It was worse when Therrien was here. You couldn't get a properly constructed thought between Therrien and Bergevin. Good thing Julien is here now, when it comes to that.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Does anyone buy the "attitude" argument? I don't. There is no "attitude" problem in the room.

There certainly is an aptitude problem with Bergevin, however.

For the most part it’s a cop out, obviously. Just another sound bite to somehow explains it’s not his fault, and things are going to change.

However I’m not sure what you want to call it, but when it comes to the captain I don’t think Pacioretty is the right leader for this team. They need a real leader (Gallagher) who competes every game and hates losing. You can’t have a captain who disappears when the going gets tough.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We had a press conference where it is announced we will be more transparent, that there will be a top to bottom performance review and that MB does not like nor does he surround himself with yes men.

Right after there is a Melnick interview where MB gets toasted and the interview mysteriously disappears. The interview reappears after its noted to have disappeared. Hmmm.

Prior to this performance review there are rumours Sly is moving up to the big club as an assistant. Sly, who got extended after the one year the AHL team made the post season and now this possibility after the only year a few guys advance to the big club. And if this happens, CJ, who is about the only coach not to have brought in assistants, must have said " yes". Okay, hasnt happened yet. So may be premature, but hmmm.

My speculation:

No ticket price increases. But if you pay by credit card, debit , or cash there is a surcharge of $15 per seat, per game.

For hot dogs the buns and condiments will be extra. Beer will cost the same but cups will be smaller.

A new beginning in Habs land.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
We had a press conference where it is announced we will be more transparent, that there will be a top to bottom performance review and that MB does not like nor does he surround himself with yes men.

Right after there is a Melnick interview where MB gets toasted and the interview mysteriously disappears. The interview reappears after its noted to have disappeared. Hmmm.

Prior to this performance review there are rumours Sly is moving up to the big club as an assistant. Sly, who got extended after the one year the AHL team made the post season and now this possibility after the only year a few guys advance to the big club. And if this happens, CJ, who is about the only coach not to have brought in assistants, must have said " yes". Okay, hasnt happened yet. So may be premature, but hmmm.

My speculation:

No ticket price increases. But if you pay by credit card, debit , or cash there is a surcharge of $15 per seat, per game.

For hot dogs the buns and condiments will be extra. Beer will cost the same but cups will be smaller.

A new beginning in Habs land.

“Expect the unexpected”

Turns out he was right, no one could possibly expect Bergevin to start the season with 8M in cap space and no replacement for Radulov or Markov, but he did!

A true man of his word!

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018

Funny thing is Canadian media loves this guy and acts like he's a genius. At least that's what it looked like last time I checked. Has anything changed?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad