• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I don’t think you can blame anyone but Bergevin. I see he didn’t improve our team since he inherited Price Subban Pacioretty Gallagher Galchenyuk from the pick his first pick after Gauthier was fired. We still have those players but swap Weber for Subban. He concentrated mostly on 3rd and 4th liners. In his 6 years there’s been more than 20 top 6 centres traded if you listen to Marc Dumont radio on TSN.

Even at the trading deadline we got Vanek who was a winger. Radulov was a winger. Bergevin never once addressed the Center position. Danault was playing as a winger in Chicago but was converted to Center here.

The core players are 7 years older since Bergevin took over and the window is closing or has already closed.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don’t think you can blame anyone but Bergevin. I see he didn’t improve our team since he inherited Price Subban Pacioretty Gallagher Galchenyuk from the pick his first pick after Gauthier was fired. We still have those players but swap Weber for Subban. He concentrated mostly on 3rd and 4th liners. In his 6 years there’s been more than 20 top 6 centres traded if you listen to Marc Dumont radio on TSN.

Even at the trading deadline we got Vanek who was a winger. Radulov was a winger. Bergevin never once addressed the Center position. Danault was playing as a winger in Chicago but was converted to Center here.

The core players are 7 years older since Bergevin took over and the window is closing or has already closed.
Oh its closed!
There is no winning with this core. Price, Pacioretty and Weber never proved anything in the playoffs, its not going to start now while they are entering their 30's.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's a shame we couldn't land Lucic for 7 million, much better player then Radulov, best attitude.

MB.
It would not surprise me one bit if MB went after Lucic this summer!!! Radulov was never the choice player of Bergevin, Rads had way too much talent. Bergevin was a grinder, he would value Jordie Benn much higher than a Radulov or Galchenyuk.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
It would not surprise me one bit if MB went after Lucic this summer!!! Radulov was never the choice player of Bergevin, Rads had way too much talent. Bergevin was a grinder, he would value Jordie Benn much higher than a Radulov or Galchenyuk.
He has his eye on Lucic you can bet your house. So much attitude and thoughness. Jordie Benn has to much good Karakter not to use a protection slot on him.

"It all starts with Carey having a better attitude."

"Maybe Carey should tink about growing da beard."

MB

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
I dont think he is that dumb or incompetent. His trades and acquisitions are not the worst and are usualy lateral but if you bring someone into a rotten environment there is usualy little potential for growth. I believe the way he portrays himself and management and how he handles this team is demeaning towards players and causes a bad attitude/vibe in the room. Meaning he handles this team like a last generation corporation where management cant be questioned and are always right and the employees/players should be just happy to get a paycheck and be apart of this team/corporation.

It's been proven over and over recently that when employees/players are happy and you build an environment people are content to work in your product becomes better. More and more businesses are focusing on treating their business as a family and promote working as a team from the bottom of the latter up. However bergevin continues to want to build a barrier between him and his supposed players/employees. This causes players to feel alienated and as if they are just a pawn in a game by the higher ups.

He has to realize that this isn't a game of chess and you're playing with peoples actual careers/lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strazzobosco

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Bergevin doesn't believe in windows

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
CrazyHarmfulChameleon-max-1mb.gif
Bergevin doesn't believe in windows

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Ok not giant Homer... but you sound like a casual fan who wants to give him more chances.
If i wasn't clear enough in my post I think its mb's job to build a winning culture and his fault for the rotten attitude (as he said so many times) around this team. His cocky, narsistic me attitude around this team is what I believe makes players feel like their on their own and not part of a team. I also think it makes his players want to get a win over mb such as in the price and subban negotiations where they basically took the highest contracts with all the extras (Nmc & signing bonuses) possible. I believe radulov and markov felt the same way and that is why they are no longer here.

As an example gainey stood up for his players like with brisbois and at a certain point price and pacioretty. He even took a walk around the city with kovalev. It seemed like every year we got better with gainey and players tried their hardest. Until the situation with his daughter he did an excellent job at building a team with good culture. Do you picture bergevin doing the same?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
If i wasn't clear enough in my post I think its mb's job to build a winning culture and his fault for the rotten attitude (as he said so many times) around this team. His cocky, narsistic me attitude around this team is what I believe makes players feel like their on their own and not part of a team. I also think it makes his players want to get a win over mb such as in the price and subban negotiations where they basically took the highest contracts with all the extras (Nmc & signing bonuses) possible. I believe radulov and markov felt the same way and that is why they are no longer here.

As an example gainey stood up for his players like with brisbois and at a certain point price and pacioretty. He even took a walk around the city with kovalev. It seemed like every year we got better with gainey and players tried their hardest. Until the situation with his daughter he did an excellent job at building a team with good culture. Do you picture bergevin doing the same?
Gainey was fantastic before his daughter died.

The only thing i see with Bergevin is our dark hole getting deeper.

Radulov had to been retained at all costs, 6.25 from us was a lowball offer, he was worth at least 7.25 from us to even out the taxes. The day we lost him was the day my hate for Bergevin went Super Saiyan.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Training camp Day 1.

Team consensus: We are F....d.

Also speculate that more than one player was ticked at how MB spoke about Markov, Rads etc. I mean Markov just went out day after day and played the best he could and you couldnt get any lower maintenance than him. And 990 games in. You respect the guy, not treat him like a urinal. MB treats players like a urinal. Amazing he was actually once a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->