• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just wow....so the rumor is stronger by the day....Lefebvre will become Habs assistant coach....my god....

It's comical.. but I'm okay with it. It's a wash between Lefebvre and Daigneault, since they are both the worst coaches ever. So there's no damage done to the big club.. and it means we can get someone new for the AHL team, which is a win because I don't think there's a worse coach than Lefebvre.

The funny thing will be when Nick Carrier is named AHL head coach.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's comical.. but I'm okay with it. It's a wash between Lefebvre and Daigneault, since they are both the worst coaches ever. So there's no damage done to the big club.. and it means we can get someone new for the AHL team, which is a win because I don't think there's a worse coach than Lefebvre.

The funny thing will be when Nick Carrier is named AHL head coach.

We could have done both. Fire the clown and get a new assistant coach in the NHL. And a new head coach in the AHL. Get Mike Kitchen in the NHL. Any sane organization that tells their fans that there will be changes and that losing like that is unacceptable is ACTUALLY PROMOTING the worst coach in recent AHL history. Not AMONGST the worst. THE f***ING WORST.

Reactions: Pickles

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pascal Vincent is the AHL Coach of the Year.

The best French Canadians don't work for Montreal.

Yeah, well if we would have hired him, it would have been solely for the language he speaks.....ANd by the way, I wasn't a Vincent fan. But clearly, he is doing a fine job. And would be a huge upgrade over whatever we have. Just like DUcharme would. Just like Bouchard would.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Yeah, well if we would have hired him, it would have been solely for the language he speaks.....ANd by the way, I wasn't a Vincent fan. But clearly, he is doing a fine job. And would be a huge upgrade over whatever we have. Just like DUcharme would. Just like Bouchard would.

I don't think Vincent is the answer or anything but while Montreal is hiring first time former players into major organization roles, other teams are hiring Quebec born personnel who work their way up the organization organically. They have to prove themselves. What did Lefebvre prove? Mellanby?

There is a dozen guys in other organizations from Quebec who are better than what we have.

Reactions: Pickles

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
well, he is clearly learning on the job - 6 years later he figured that karakter is not enough.
Truth is he's trying to fool everyone with used car salesman techniques and he's making himself out to be a moron in the process. He picks a key word and then repeats it over and over as if he's smarter than the rest of us and has solved something.
The words may as well be gibberish because they aren't tangible metrics and if he built a team with a priority on character then HOW can they possibly not have good attitude?
If Marc came across as humble and honest this would all be going a lot better for him and the support for the Habs would not be declining so rapidly.
There will be empty seats next season. This isn't Toronto where all season's ticket holder's are suits + corporations. Money is tighter than ever and the price of tickets is astronomical. People won't pay up for a s*** product anymore.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

True but I thought the goal was to try to get better by hiring the best available or those in whom Julien has the most confidence.

Is this your way of supporting the first toxic piece being promoted, that supports Tankathon 2018-19? :sarcasm:

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
True but I thought the goal was to try to get better by hiring the best available or those in whom Julien has the most confidence.

Is this your way of supporting the first toxic piece being promoted, that supports Tankathon 2018-19? :sarcasm:
We definitely are getting better by subtraction if JJD gets the boot.
LaFarve as an ass coach changes nothing. The "attitude" will be de same.

Reactions: Runner77

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Anybody notice how Nicholson/Chiarelli had the same script writer as Molson/Bergevin? Two teams with the country club intact. If I was Price and McDavid I would fire my agent who advised to sign the big contracts at loser clubs instead of waiting another season. At least BC will have better food more than the Oilers will have lol

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We should start a compendium of Bergevinisms.

You don't have all the info
The answer is in the room
It's on me
Trades are hard
Foxhole comment
This is not playstation
We have a better team, especially on d
Pas la bonne attitude
Diamond in the rough
Morgan Reilly a stud compared to Markov, Subban, Sergachev.
Comparing lolzner to Chara

Im sure im forgetting many of them.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
All he takes into account is karakter and attitude. Although the attitude metric is a new one.

When he added Weber, there was suddenly too much character. A character overload, if you will. It left no place for attitude. It's a strange mystical balance, character & attitude. But Bergy knows what he's doing. The answer is in the room.

Next year the catch word will be consistency

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
When he added Weber, there was suddenly too much character. A character overload, if you will. It left no place for attitude. It's a strange mystical balance, character & attitude. But Bergy knows what he's doing. The answer is in the room.

Yes consistency of attitude and character, i would like to also remind you dat we were missing Andrew Shaw for big stretch of da season.. that was a lot of missing attitude right dere..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just wow....so the rumor is stronger by the day....Lefebvre will become Habs assistant coach....my god....

28cxrf.jpg

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
So I take it this move wasn't made by Julien. I wish someone would have asked MB if CJ could hire his own assistants. This is a Bergevin move.

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I think Bergevin will try the religious path next year. No more mundane laic qualities. Character is yesterday. Attitude is out. He'll announce that the team needs Rapture!!

Of course he'll pronounce it "Rupture".

And we'll all split a gut.

While we watch Real Madrid win the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->