• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
And here I thought this GM had hit bottom in level of stupidity...

Even if it were true that Real Madrid weren't making the "playoffs" or "going to the world cup" you can bet your last dollar it would be because the manager failed and he would be out of a job.

Nice try at another excuse, Bergevin. "These things happen to everyone" isn't an excuse. Usually when these things happen, meaning the mangaer was terrible, the manager is fired.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin really seems to be walking on a thin line, Molson doesn't seem to be patient anymore.

Here's a interview he had with Cantin (french) : Objectif : redonner espoir aux partisans - La Presse+

He does seem to believe Bergevin is capable of making the team successful, but if he doesn't, and fast, he's as good as gone.

IMO, next season is Bergevin's last if they don't make the playoffs.

Wasting another season with MB and getting us that much farther away from better days. So tough to be watching this go down.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A thing my dad used to say is "You think with the same words you speak". After hearing MB talk for a few years now, he's so uneloquent and deep neck-level into logical fallacies, I cant for the life of me figure out how Molson can think this guy is THE GUY to fix this mess. I work in IT, would I ever hire a guy who doesn't know his keyboard shortcuts? Of course not! Why would I hire a guy who can't communicate for ****, falls back on excuses and can't get the big bold points done (per his own admission - oh he tried, but failed)?

It's time to let him go, for the love of god. But Molson won't because, in the spur of the moment after a hot start, he extended MB to a million years contract (even though MB had no leverage of any kind - Bowman signed a 3 years deal after winning multiple cups?). That's bad management on Molson's part.

And dont kid yourselves, this transparency bull**** is clearly in reaction to the fact that the fans no longer give a crap about this team. Why would anyone want to know WHY Froese is being called up or sent down, what does it matter? I'll welcome it, sure, but it's not much of an issue.

It also amused me how, minutes after Molson announced more transparency (and despite answering every question with "Good question [name], I want to be transparent with you [pause]..."), MB still would not say anything of substance about his "plan". That'd be like announcing you're turning green and showing up to the press conference in a Hummer or something.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't someone preface his question at the presser by saying how there was no one at the Brossard complex to watch Habs' practices? Usually, there wouldn't be any parking. There are a lot of similar tell-tale signs but they don't seem to register with Geoff.

Reactions: mtl_felix

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't know about you guys but I was really looking forward to the Chicago Fire playing Real Madrid in the World Cup Final in Russia this year. This is disappointing.
Madrid is a country. It's a classico game between them and the Spanish National Team.

Reactions: 417

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
I wonder how much Bergevin costs Molson overall.

I mean you could argue that the clear loss induced all by Bergevin regime costs Molson him parts of :
  • Therrien extension
  • Subban marketability
  • Playoffs games at Bell Center
  • Karl Alzner contract
Must be in the 40 M$.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder how much Bergevin cost Molson overall.

I mean you could argue that the clear loss induced all by Bergevin regime costs Molson him parts of :
  • Therrien extension
  • Subban marketability
  • Karl Alzner contract
Must be in the 40 M$.

I would add the failure to sign Radulov and Markov, who the fans loved.

Everything the fans like, is taken away from them. It's like repeated acts of self-sabotage and no one there to stop them.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I wonder how much Bergevin costs Molson overall.

• Therrien extension
  • Subban marketability
  • Karl Alzner contract
Must be in the 40 M$.

Let's add the buddies, relatives and hangers-on who all received nice salaries and extensions.

I wonder what this year's Forbes valuation of the Habs will be...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
With the TV deal and Vegas I don't think it will change much, but yeah if the value is indeed lower...Bergevin will be on a very very short leash.

I wouldn't expect much change for the reasons you mentioned, but any downtick will be unwelcome.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Bergevin really seems to be walking on a thin line, Molson doesn't seem to be patient anymore.

Here's a interview he had with Cantin (french) : Objectif : redonner espoir aux partisans - La Presse+

He does seem to believe Bergevin is capable of making the team successful, but if he doesn't, and fast, he's as good as gone.

IMO, next season is Bergevin's last if they don't make the playoffs.

Wow, just read it. For the first time in YEARS, Molson sounds like a real business owner. La corde est très courte. "You will see me more around", "other GMs have been faring much better these last months...", and many more great quotes. Good job by Cantin.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Quant au fameux « plan » de Bergevin, Molson est formel : il existe vraiment, ce n’est ni une vue de l’esprit ni un ensemble de bonnes intentions. Ce plan est segmenté en quatre composantes : échanges, joueurs autonomes, repêchage et personnel de tout le secteur hockey. « Marc a du travail à faire à ces quatre niveaux », explique-t-il.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Quant au fameux « plan » de Bergevin, Molson est formel : il existe vraiment, ce n’est ni une vue de l’esprit ni un ensemble de bonnes intentions. Ce plan est segmenté en quatre composantes : échanges, joueurs autonomes, repêchage et personnel de tout le secteur hockey. « Marc a du travail à faire à ces quatre niveaux », explique-t-il.
We are at the point where real change needs to happen, Molson should have fired him to minimize any further damage, there is nothing about this mans tenure that suggests that we should be hopeful that he can turn things around.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Just too much to do with too little time. If Bergevin's job is truly on the line, he's being set up to fail quicker and with more impact than he would have done on his own this summer.

There is no way Bergevin meets the lofty expectations that the quote suggests. Sure, he'll touch on the 4 aspects from the quote but just how deep into them will he go?

The one where I really think we're going to be disappointed, will be personnel review. The individuals who are expected to pay for last season were rewarded only last summer -- I'll believe major changes to Bergevin's country club, when I see them. I'm expecting more chair shuffling than actual terminations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad