• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He can always cry a river in a psychologist's office and can afford a lot of consultation hours. Wouldn't worry too much about him.
giphy.gif

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Bergevin is not having the best 2 days of his life.

he’s come across as a complete prat, shown everyone he doesn’t have a clue but he’s still in a job, he’s not doing too badly and his pay cheque will soften the blow at everyone laughing about him (although in his head he’s doing great and everyone loves him)

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Don't know much about soccer but is it not countries in the worlds?

Real Madrid plays in La Liga, the Spanish Top League.
Because they finish high enough, they may play in the Champion's League, who's basically the top teams from each leagues in Europe competing against each other.
The World Cup that is coming this summer is between Countries.
There's also a Club's World Cup but not many people talk about it (basically the Club Champions from each continent)
There's also no playoffs in La Liga.

Basically, Bergevin's comments on Real Madrid were so wrong

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
he’s come across as a complete prat, shown everyone he doesn’t have a clue but he’s still in a job, he’s not doing too badly and his pay cheque will soften the blow at everyone laughing about him (although in his head he’s doing great and everyone loves him)

I'm no psychologist, but Bergevin totally comes across as the kind of man who knows how hated he is and lets it rattle him openly.

Reactions: Redux91

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

His gig is coming to an end, it is much closer today than I ever thought it would be, he is embarrassing his employer now.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I say he’s a narcissist who has managed to blag his way this far. Quicker he’s gone the better for the Habs but I feel we have further to fall. If I was Cary Price I would throw Bergevin under the bus in the media, he doesn’t have anything to lose. If he gets traded (if they can get anyone to take that contract) it’s a win, if he can get Bergevin fired it’s a win. I don’t think he would care if they even terminated his contract I’m sure he has enough money to be happy with. After Price has papered over the cracks in the past if I was him I’d be raving at being blamed for Bergevin’s ineptitude.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Yeah but Chara is like 6'9" and his long reach was an advantage his whole career. Alzner isn't that size.
What do you expect? It wasn't long ago that he was comparing us to the Tampa Bay Lightning.... He thinks we will bounce back like them lmfao

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah but Chara is like 6'9" and his long reach was an advantage his whole career. Alzner isn't that size.

Chara's also one of the smartest players in the NHL and one of the strongest players in the NHL. That's why Chara can still be an effective NHLer in his 40s. Alzner isn't comparable to Chara in any way but footspeed.

Last edited:

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
It's one thing to suck at your job and be incompetent. It sucks but listen, not everyone can succeed. The thing is Marc is just SO unlikeable and says the most ridiculous statements to make himself look smart. If he would just be honest and straight up about the situation then fine. What in the hell does Real Madrid have to do with the Habs? Not even mentioning it's countries in the world cup and not clubs.
How is he first moronically comparing us to the Lightning and now to Real Madrid?

mtl_felix

Sep 10, 2006
Lavaltrie, Quebec
A thing my dad used to say is "You think with the same words you speak". After hearing MB talk for a few years now, he's so uneloquent and deep neck-level into logical fallacies, I cant for the life of me figure out how Molson can think this guy is THE GUY to fix this mess. I work in IT, would I ever hire a guy who doesn't know his keyboard shortcuts? Of course not! Why would I hire a guy who can't communicate for shit, falls back on excuses and can't get the big bold points done (per his own admission - oh he tried, but failed)?

It's time to let him go, for the love of god. But Molson won't because, in the spur of the moment after a hot start, he extended MB to a million years contract (even though MB had no leverage of any kind - Bowman signed a 3 years deal after winning multiple cups?). That's bad management on Molson's part.

And dont kid yourselves, this transparency bullshit is clearly in reaction to the fact that the fans no longer give a crap about this team. Why would anyone want to know WHY Froese is being called up or sent down, what does it matter? I'll welcome it, sure, but it's not much of an issue.

It also amused me how, minutes after Molson announced more transparency (and despite answering every question with "Good question [name], I want to be transparent with you [pause]..."), MB still would not say anything of substance about his "plan". That'd be like announcing you're turning green and showing up to the press conference in a Hummer or something.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Bergevin really seems to be walking on a thin line, Molson doesn't seem to be patient anymore.

Here's a interview he had with Cantin (french) : Objectif : redonner espoir aux partisans - La Presse+

He does seem to believe Bergevin is capable of making the team successful, but if he doesn't, and fast, he's as good as gone.

IMO, next season is Bergevin's last if they don't make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->