• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No matter how we called it, at the beginning of the training camp, players looked at the team and saw a bottom tier team. Starting the season with 9M in cap space was seen as an insult to them. Did they intentionnaly or not decide to not give 100% is debatable but they weren't commited 100% that's for sure.
I don't think they viewed it as such. Drouin came in instead of Radulov and expectations were high around him, with a couple new guys on defense too. I don't think they knew what to expect but all in all, i see no reason why they couldn't seet themselves as at least a PO bound team.

Our problems had nothing to do with commitment. When people say that, it takes away the spotlight from the real problem, lack of talent.
Bergevin mentioned the attitude was bad right from camp. That if we had a better win, we don't have 40 losses. Yes, he specifically said "we don't have 40 losses" because there is no way he'd get away stating "we'd be in the POs". I mean, sure, maybe with a better attitude, we are at 39 losses or 38, but we aren't much better. When he repeats attitude a million times, it's to shift more blame onto the players in order to downplay the massively inadequate and untalent team he has assembled.
The man is just trying to manipulate and talk his way out, and some people like yourself bought into it.
Petry-Alzner is the top pair if Weber gets hurt...Danault is our top center, but I hear more about commitment than this obvious lack of talent..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So....seems that Mellanby is staying? He's the one who talk to Niemi about the possibility of coming back, based on a Richard Labbe article.

Can't wait to see which usher will lost his job. Unless Molson was talking about the Zamboni driver.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So....seems that Mellanby is staying? He's the one who talk to Niemi about the possibility of coming back, based on a Richard Labbe article.

Can't wait to see which usher will lost his job. Unless Molson was talking about the Zamboni driver.

Everyone is going to get promoted upwards.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Bergevin on #TLMEP - a HFBoards exclusive!

2i07wc7.jpg

:popcorn:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I hope Lepage does the same thing he usually does for singers/music acts and plays Bergevin's greatest hits by hitting the synthesizer keys - but instead of songs, we get a Top 10 of Bergevin quotes:

'I’ve received calls on P.K., but I’m not shopping P.K. Subban'

'Weber is a diamond in the rough'

'If you’re ever in a foxhole and you want someone next to you, that’s what Michel Therrien is'

'Claude Julien est un coup de circuit'

'On est allés avec la grossesse'

'If you want loyalty, buy a dog'

'On a une une meilleure équipe que l'an passé, surtout à la ligne bleue'

'I did some good things'

'Si on avait une meilleure attitude, on n'aurait pas 40 défaites'

'It's all on me'

:dunce:

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I don't think they viewed it as such. Drouin came in instead of Radulov and expectations were high around him, with a couple new guys on defense too. I don't think they knew what to expect but all in all, i see no reason why they couldn't seet themselves as at least a PO bound team.

Our problems had nothing to do with commitment. When people say that, it takes away the spotlight from the real problem, lack of talent.
Bergevin mentioned the attitude was bad right from camp. That if we had a better win, we don't have 40 losses. Yes, he specifically said "we don't have 40 losses" because there is no way he'd get away stating "we'd be in the POs". I mean, sure, maybe with a better attitude, we are at 39 losses or 38, but we aren't much better. When he repeats attitude a million times, it's to shift more blame onto the players in order to downplay the massively inadequate and untalent team he has assembled.
The man is just trying to manipulate and talk his way out, and some people like yourself bought into it.
Petry-Alzner is the top pair if Weber gets hurt...Danault is our top center, but I hear more about commitment than this obvious lack of talent..
We'll never know but vets probably didn't think that Mete would make the team. So the D was Weber/Petry/Schlemko/Benn/Alzner/Morrow/Streit etc, how many PMD in there? Petry? And how many are putrid in their zone? Fowards knew that puck would go out by the glass and that it would be a long season.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I hope Lepage does the same thing he usually does for singers/music acts and plays Bergevin's greatest hits by hitting the synthesizer keys - but instead of songs, we get a Top 10 of Bergevin quotes:

'If you’re ever in a foxhole and you want someone next to you, that’s what Michel Therrien is'

'I did some good things'

'It's all on me'

When asking Sergachev to sign his initials, " sign here 'SJ' "

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

'I did some good things'

'It's all on me'

Markov is a man of few words

It really needs to be there as there are a lot of Markov fans out there, severely underrated dman

Reactions: Habset
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

'I did some good things'

'It's all on me'

I remember most of those, but did he really say "Weber is a diamond in the rough"??? :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I can't believe he actually said this:

Les prix étaient vraiment élevés, pis y’a tellement d’équipes qui sont en compétition pour les séries encore, fak le marché était vraiment… y’avait pas grand chose. Alors on est allé avec la grossesse, sans se ralentir et dans l’ensemble, on est assez satisfaits de notre journée.

Found it on Sportnographe, from March 2017, on a page they titled Marc Bergevin, enceinte: http://sportnographe.com/marc-bergevin-enceinte-21702.html

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I can't believe he actually said this:

Les prix étaient vraiment élevés, pis y’a tellement d’équipes qui sont en compétition pour les séries encore, fak le marché était vraiment… y’avait pas grand chose. Alors on est allé avec la grossesse, sans se ralentir et dans l’ensemble, on est assez satisfaits de notre journée.

Found it on Sportnographe, from March 2017, on a page they titled Marc Bergevin, enceinte: Marc Bergevin, enceinte - Sportnographe

Probably my favorite :biglaugh:

C66DhVnWoAIrf8b.jpg

Marc Bergevin-Knowles :scared: :scared: :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad