• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
He’ll probably talk about how he learned over his last few years here that attitude supercedes karakter and that’s what they’ll be focusing on in the draft and UFA from now on

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So, this program will be all about soft toss lob ball type of questions??

Wonder if MB will go back on with Mitch Melnyk? lol
Poor MM just was getting going, and MB skipped out...clown!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It'll all depend on who the other guests are, and when he's coming on. If he comes on first and leaves early, he'll escape mostly unscathed, but if GA invites other in-the-know guests, or avid fans like Robert Charlebois for example, he could be in for a rough night.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No matter how we called it, at the beginning of the training camp, players looked at the team and saw a bottom tier team. Starting the season with 9M in cap space was seen as an insult to them. Did they intentionnaly or not decide to not give 100% is debatable but they weren't commited 100% that's for sure.

If they weren't committed, then it's on the GM. He's the one who chose them to be on the roster. If they were improperly assessed or if the scouting people didn't decipher significant flaws with some of these players, then it's on the GM, not on some abstract term that the GM is using to throw his players under the bus. It's on him to make sure who is players are and to intervene as soon as he finds out one or more players are not a fit for the team. Simple as that. It falls on the ultimate decision-maker, especially when you look at the team's composition -- all but 3 players were acquired by Bergevin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Supposedly he will be on Tout le monde en parle sunday.

You can easily stumble when on that show. Bergevin had made it a habit of refusing interviews with legit hockey knowledgeable pundits and interviewers and now he's going to go in a wolf's pit, even if Guy A. Lepage is not a hockey insider. I fear the worst.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It'll all depend on who the other guests are, and when he's coming on. If he comes on first and leaves early, he'll escape mostly unscathed, but if GA invites other in-the-know guests, or avid fans like Robert Charlebois for example, he could be in for a rough night.

I wonder how much meddling TLMEP is going to put up with from Hab handlers.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
You can easily stumble when on that show. Bergevin had made it a habit of refusing interviews with legit hockey knowledgeable pundits and interviewers and now he's going to go in a wolf's pit, even if Guy A. Lepage is not a hockey insider. I fear the worst.
Do we know who are the other guests?
They could ask him the hard questions.

Reactions: roy munson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Hopefully they rip him to shreds

i can totally see how bergevin thinks he's better than everyone in the room and how he thinks he can get himself out of any jam, especially in a french speaking environment

unfortunately he has misjudged his own hockey sense and will most likely get stomped by some sarcastically tough questions and will try to laugh it off but will come off dumber than he has already seemed to all of us, and lets not forget how frustrated he gets with what he thinks are annoying questions

my dream is that we get a "walk off" from the show

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do we know who are the other guests?
They could ask him the hard questions.

Show tapes on Thursday. We should have a list of guests at that time.

Unless someone has advance info on who else has received an invite to guest on the show.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My first thought was "Is Radio-Canada affiliated in any way to the Habs?" Because that's where we're at now. If it is, he's going to get very easy questions. I hope there is another guest/angry fan who'll ask questions no one else will.

Or maybe someone from the audience throws a shoe at him. :sarcasm:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Does anyone buy the "attitude" argument? I don't. There is no "attitude" problem in the room.

There certainly is an aptitude problem with Bergevin, however.

I do buy it, in part. For sure, if I were a core player and saw what my GM did in the summer, my level of motivation would be down both consciously and unconsciously.

What I don't buy is that it's the reason why they failed. The 'attitude' problem was the result of Bergevin's own actions and inactions in June and July. So whether it's ineptitude (lack of talent) or attitude or both, it's all the result of HIS work.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have a primer on the enhanced food experience at the BC ...

28j2tl.jpg

Fancier hotdog synthtetic dish and plastic cups on stems.

Geoff, you have outdone yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad