Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Seriously though, what was he ever thinking with these glasses

641F9B24-5232-4BAE-A72F-A73B5DE1F23D.jpeg

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I still believe MB screwed up our chances at a good retool when he made the Subban vs Weber trade and he let Radulov walk to easily for my liking. He should offered up more than Dallas between 7-7.5m per. The guy was our best player during the regular season and playoffs.

Instead he signed Alzner and Shlemko to long term deals and tried to replace Radulov with Hensky.

I was ok with the Drouin for Sergachev trade until he didn’t resign Radulov. Than it just didn’t make sense anymore.

I’ll give him credit for this last off season, it looks like he did very well. Good for him and the team, however he has done way to much damage for me to ever really trust him again. For almost his hole tenure here he never really seamed like he had a plan, hopefully this has changed.

All in all, I’ll be happy when he gets fired or not resigned.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
...continue discussion here.
Congrats on being made Global Moderator. When did this happen? There was no announcement like there usually is?

I'm worried about what he'll do in the next couple of weeks. Can he get lucky one more time?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB's early influences ...

Please go to 00:51 (it's a video unlike what the presentation pic may be suggesting).

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Poor management led the team to a couple or recent top 10 picks. After the lastest result, I suspect he was told to scrap whatever plan he had and build for the future. The adopted philosophy has resulted in a few good moves.

I worry about the point in time when he thinks the team is close, and uses his "pro scouting skills" to add what he thinks is a missing piece.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Congrats on being made Global Moderator. When did this happen? There was no announcement like there usually is?

I'm worried about what he'll do in the next couple of weeks. Can he get lucky one more time?

Several of the Mods are undergoing Anger Management or Stress Therapy. Spots open up regularly. :sarcasm: Seriously, kudos to all the Mods willing to expose themselves to the insanity on HF.

I still believe that Bergevin isn't blessed with the ability to make important decisions on his own any more, and rather there is a group in management that are consulted. That's my fervent hope anyhow.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I still believe MB screwed up our chances at a good retool when he made the Subban vs Weber trade and he let Radulov walk to easily for my liking. He should offered up more than Dallas between 7-7.5m per. The guy was our best player during the regular season and playoffs.

Instead he signed Alzner and Shlemko to long term deals and tried to replace Radulov with Hensky.

I was ok with the Drouin for Sergachev trade until he didn’t resign Radulov. Than it just didn’t make sense anymore.

I’ll give him credit for this last off season, it looks like he did very well. Good for him and the team, however he has done way to much damage for me to ever really trust him again. For almost his hole tenure here he never really seamed like he had a plan, hopefully this has changed.

All in all, I’ll be happy when he gets fired or not resigned.
The funny thing is that if we didn't trade Subban and resigned Rad, we wouldn't be in the favorable position we are in now. We'd still be spinning our tires in the mud so to speak.

MB is/was pretty incompetent but his incompetence actually worked out for the Habs funnily enough

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Wait, they usually announce those? @Frenchy :naughty: About 6 months-ish. Just after the last playoffs and before the draft, I think.

Yeah, I debated with: "So, what happens next?" as the tile of this thread, but I decided to stay on the semi-positive side. I can't see him selling any of our prospects. Maybe gives up a draft pick or 2 for more depth players.

This team can't really stay healthy, so we haven't seen all the forwards together. We need help on LD, but not sure there is all that much out there.

Deadline is 5 weeks away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The funny thing is that if we didn't trade Subban and resigned Rad, we wouldn't be in the favorable position we are in now. We'd still be spinning our tires in the mud so to speak.

MB is/was pretty incompetent but his incompetence actually worked out for the Habs funnily enough

Other stuff happened that had a serious impact, including MB not attending to the left side of the D earlier and Price either missing time or not being at his best. Plus, hiring Therrien and rubber stamping Lefebvre over so many years, didn't do them any favors either.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010

I disagree. I believe we would be in better position than we are today.

In my opinion, Subban is better than Weber and Rads would still be our best forward today.

I like both the Galchenyuk and Pacioretty trades however these 2 players could have been traded regardless of Subban and Radulov being on the team.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

This reminds me of a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

When asked "How long should a man's legs be?", he answered cleverly, "Just long enough to reach the ground."

In keeping with this wit, when asked how long should a man's schvanz be, Lincoln contemplated for a moment and retorted, "Just long enough to reach the ground."

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This reminds me of a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

When asked "How long should a man's legs be?", he answered cleverly, "Just long enough to reach the ground."

In keeping with this wit, when asked how long should a man's schvanz be, Lincoln contemplated for a moment and retorted, "Just long enough to reach the ground."

We'll have to ask MK to change it to Markov's 3rd knee

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Why is that?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Several of the Mods are undergoing Anger Management or Stress Therapy. Spots open up regularly. :sarcasm: Seriously, kudos to all the Mods willing to expose themselves to the insanity on HF.

I still believe that Bergevin isn't blessed with the ability to make important decisions on his own any more, and rather there is a group in management that are consulted. That's my fervent hope anyhow.

I want to believe this also, I really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad