Marc Bergevin is a maestro

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I can't bump the few threads I created in the last 2 years, claiming Bergevin was the best GM in the league—a total maestro—and that Montreal was going to win the Stanley Cup.

Here we are. The maestro's magic has arrived. We are the best team in the league, all thanks to Bergevin's masterplan.

Conductor.png

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I mean, let's give him credit, team looks good right now, if we do end up contending for the next few years, I'll gladly forget the misery we endured the last few years.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It was his 9 year plan all along to finally build a balanced offensive minded team.

I will give him credit for making the right moves this off-season though. It's early but this is the first time I feel we might be on the right path since the decline of the core he inherited.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Lol, guy sits on cap space for 3 years, gets lucky a pandemic strikes so he has quite a bit of money to splash around in a year no one does and you want people to bow down to him.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Lol, guy sits on cap space for 3 years, gets lucky a pandemic strikes so he has quite a bit of money to splash around in a year no one does and you want people to bow down to him.

Saving for rainy days is a viable survival strategy in the animal kingdom. Bergevin just rocking those beastly instincts.

Reactions: Acadien86

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He has improved significantly since his reset.

At least as pointed out we are not sitting this year on a pile of cap space in an ultra competitive league where there is a small margin between winning and losing.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
We're playing better than the bottom teams of last year where it took a pandemic to get us to the playoffs, so basically a miracle. Talk about setting the bar low...

You've been wrong then and until we see how we fare against better quality competition, you can't claim shit.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I got the heat when it was unpopular, so I get the riches when reality confirms it.

I may not go as far as Maestro but you're right and I'm happy someone made a thread about this. I was considering making one myself even, but backed down.

I mean clearly Bergevin won the day and he won the day before that day too. His last what? 10 transactions. They've all been wins. That's going back a couple of years now. Even the Drouin trade wasn't a total mess since Drouin is producing now and playing alright.

He got us loads of players for nothing, hence the totally earned Bargain-bin title which I feel is a compliment.

Let's give it a season, but the HF narrative is on the brink of changing. People's got to get on with the times.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I can't bump the few threads I created in the last 2 years, claiming Bergevin was the best GM in the league—a total maestro—and that Montreal was going to win the Stanley Cup.

Here we are. The maestro's magic has arrived. We are the best team in the league, all thanks to Bergevin's masterplan.

Conductor.png

I liked it better when you weren't so obvious.

Reactions: PhysicX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille