Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't know... Do you?

And where's the guarantee that the hockey president is smarter than the GM?

It feels quite counterproductive, to be honest...

No garanti. Sometimes you need another head to think with you.

BTW. I think Bergevin is very good since last trade deadline.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No garanti. Sometimes you need another head to think with you.

BTW. I think Bergevin is very good since last trade deadline.
They have a lot of heads already though...

This whole Bergevin this Bergevin that is BS.

Timmins/Molson/Julien and all of them are all involved in the decisions made.

Reactions: Marca61

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Or

THROW YOUR POMPOMS IN THE AIR AND SWING EM LIKE YOU JUST DONT CARE

Naaa, like mine better, those Bergy threads title all looks the same, and all serve the same purpose, wich is pleasing the negative nancy's, not that i care but i tought i could mention it

;)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
That's why I can't believe this is HIM. There are other voices guiding this, and I'm far from the only one who sees inklings of this.
If a new gm was hired last February and has done all the exact same moves mb has done since then we'd be calling him a genius who just has to fix a few more of mbs mistakes.

It's certainly weird the turnaround in his decisions and fortunes.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If a new gm was hired last February and has done all the exact same moves mb has done since then we'd be calling him a genius who just has to fix a few more of mbs mistakes.

It's mind-boggling the extent people around here will go to invent shit just not give any credit to Bergevin. I'm actually impressed...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

It may well be a collective having greater input.

What is new since the decisions we all like? Ducharme, Bouchard and Richardson. What if all of these guys are getting more input and greater weighting was being given to Timmins? It would be like adding new brainpower plus a reshuffling as is done in politics.

The Bergevin of old would have never proceeded to waiving his prized UFA signing so soon. He'd be busy doubling down and face-saving.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

What is new since the decisions we all like? Ducharme, Bouchard and Richardson. What if all of these guys are getting more input and greater weighting was being given to Timmins? It's would be adding new brainpower plus a reshuffling as is done in politics.

The Bergevin of old would have never proceeded to waiving his prized UFA signing so soon. He'd be busy doubling down and face-saving.
He's going to be around for a while, we may as well cheer him on while he's here, or we deal with another inexperienced bilingual gm and the associated growing pains.

At the very least listening to others input is a sign of improvement, the results are encouraging so far, let's hope his track record continues to improve.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

What is new since the decisions we all like? Ducharme, Bouchard and Richardson. What if all of these guys are getting more input and greater weighting was being given to Timmins? It's would be adding new brainpower plus a reshuffling as is done in politics.

That's another reason why I believe he's not fully in charge anymore.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The moves as of late have turned out pretty good. I still can't forgive him, he's done more harm than good imo and I'm not ready to credit him for all the recent moves. His 5 years before that trump any recent success, I still believe Timmins and or someone else are having much greater influence than previously. MB has proven time and time again he is in over his head, however, if the moves continue, I don't really care who makes them or who gets credit for them or if we do or don't fire him. I just want us to pick a direction for the first time in his tenure and stick to it for longer than 20-30 games.

Reactions: Habs178

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You're missing the point...

Are you trying to say that the Leafs turned it around because they had a president of hockey and we didn't?

The Leafs turned it around because they ****ing sucked for years... and got lucky with the Nostrils pick.

It's called accountability and it happens to be a standard practice in all successful organizations.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's called accountability and it happens to be a standard practice in all successful organizations.

Well, they got bounced in the first round 2 years in a row, where's the accountability? Pretty sure you would've called for Bergy's head but Dubas is a f***ing genius!

The same Dubas that still didn't sign Nylander...

Can you even imagine the same situation where Bergevin is involved? You guys are f***ing hilarious...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, they got bounced in the first round 2 years in a row, where's the accountability? Pretty sure you would've called for Bergy's head but Dubas is a ****ing genius!

The same Dubas that still didn't sign Nylander...

Can you even imagine the same situation where Bergevin is involved? You guys are ****ing hilarious...

Just Wow... If and when Dubas blunders at anywhere close to the rate our genius HAS, and he isn't let go I'll eat my shorts. You are truly amazing I can't fathom how a minimum of 4 years of pure dross gets swept under the rug like it never happened.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Lol and then you try to preach about "facts"

fact #1 you get wrong, I'm not "way too personally invested". I can spend days without coming here, like I have done in the last month. Today is probably the most time I've spent on the board in the last two months,

You? Not so much. You're here EVERYDAY. You get into a fit anytime someone says something bad about your idol. Now THAT's what I call being way too personally invested.

fact #2, how can you say relax, when all I do is fool around with some mates on the board while enjoying some good hockey conversations. I'm always ready for a joke, so yeah, I'm probably the poster boy for not being relaxed according to you.

So please, stop pretending you know how I am. All you're doing is saying things that fit with your own actions, hence, you are projecting.

Now, go harangue someone else with your fantasies about being a good shrink to everyone on the board.
It doesn't matter how often you post, to be honest...

Just don't get full rage and it's going to be fine.

People have different opinions and you should be able to deal with it and not act like 12 years old kid.

Have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad