Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This guy nailed it.. :laugh:

giphy.gif

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Who do you take right now, Subban or Weber? Who has more value right now?
They both been pretty bad, but Weber is better lately... without a cap I take Weber but if I have to deal with the contract it is
Hard to tell because even if Subban is playing poorly, he is with NJ which is worst than MTL and he is still younger and has a better contract because of the length... Weber might whole more value but not sure you can get same return that match the value... It easy for NJ to retain 50% and maximize PK trade return.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I’m not sure either. But with Eichel and Dahlin I think Buffalo has a better long term outlook than us right now.

They have been spinning their wheels in mud for a while though, just like the 2006/2007-2018/2019 Oilers.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
They have been spinning their wheels in mud for a while though, just like the 2006/2007-2018/2019 Oilers.

I agree they have but I think they’ll get out of it.

On SJ I agree. They’ve really put themselves in a tough spot with those long term contracts they have out. They have 47.25 million tied up in Karlsson, Burns, Vlasic, Jones, Couture, and Kane until at least 2023-24.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
NHL long term outlook power rankings.

26. Montreal Canadiens. They have good players and Marc Bergevin has made his share of good moves, but the end result is never anything other than mediocrity. That is a difficult cycle to get out of.

NHL Power Rankings: Teams with best long-term outlook

It also doesn't help that Bergevin doesn't seem all that interested getting Montreal out of the mediocrity cycle.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

26. Montreal Canadiens. They have good players and Marc Bergevin has made his share of good moves, but the end result is never anything other than mediocrity. That is a difficult cycle to get out of.

NBC know nothing about our brand new 8 years plan, obviously. The long-term outlook is nothing short of fantastic.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Wow, I can't believe that someone actually said this, can't wait for Engles and Lebrun to step up on MB's behalf. Many of us have been screaming this very thing at the top of our digital lungs, fire that coax sucker, and let's turn this around!

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
"You never know what can happen" takes on a whole new meaning. Honestly though, I expect a lackluster effort from our guys, they don't want to be there if they don't deserve it.

:laugh: no kidding.

To be honest, I expect us to win vs the Pens just to screw up our draft position and then get knocked out on the next round. Just when you thought things couldn't get worse...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad