Marc Bergevin: Draft? Edition (XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin is a bipolar fashionista. Sometimes it's really nice, other times it's just weird, like in this picture.

I think a lot of people who are into fashion are hit or miss. Because they have a very out-of-the-norm taste, that at times it comes off really nice and at times it comes off like ''what are they thinking going out in that?''

MB does have many more hits than misses. But his misses stand out so much.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think a lot of people who are into fashion are hit or miss. Because they have a very out-of-the-norm taste, that at times it comes off really nice and at times it comes off like ''what are they thinking going out in that?''

If only his love of fashion world lead him to follow Sean Avery's footsteps and pursue another career far far away from hockey...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I know what you mean but no, this isn't out of the norma taste, this is plain bad taste.
The stuff you see models wear on the runway where you think ''who would ever buy/wear this crap'', that's out of the norm taste because no matter how crazy it looks the outfit actually ''works''.
These flashy red pants and metallic blue blazer, they just don't match, it's a bad mix. Each individually is good but together it doesn't work.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In attendance yesterday.

Ee8cq8aX0A4ViG6

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Red pants are fine.

However, given Bergevin's career he should be dressing conservatively.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What the Habs protection list looks like as of right now, in my opinion.

Kotkaniemi, Domi, Lehkonen, Drouin, Byron, Poehling, empty spot
Danault, Tatar, Gallagher, Armia will be UFAs
Suzuki does not need to be protected

Weber, Chiarot, Juulsen
Petry will be UFA
Kulak, Alzner, Mete, and Fleury are exposed

Price
Lindgren and Primeau are exposed

Whether or not Bergevin needs to worry about the expansion draft comes down to whether or not he will sign any players early.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Missing the Sergachev trade, wonder why.

But here's the thing.

I can buy
Sweet Chili Heat Doritos
Lindt double chocolate bar
Some really good plums
Pepsi
Green peppers
Beef Tenderloin

But if I put all of this into a stew, it's gonna taste awful.

None of these trades mean much in a broader context because he doesn't have a vision.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

But here's the thing.

I can buy
Sweet Chili Heat Doritos
Some really good plums
Pepsi
Green peppers
Beef Tenderloin

None of these trades mean much in a broader context because he doesn't have a vision.

Bergevin mostly only trades when he can win the trade. You don't build a winner by doing this.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

But here's the thing.

I can buy
Sweet Chili Heat Doritos
Some really good plums
Pepsi
Green peppers
Beef Tenderloin

mArc BeRgEvIn wOn AlL hIs MaJoR tRaDeS

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

But here's the thing.

I can buy
Sweet Chili Heat Doritos
Some really good plums
Pepsi
Green peppers
Beef Tenderloin

That's a hilarious analogy. I laughed.

I'm not sure it's valid though. Because I think that you can have a successful team with each of Weber, Petry, Danault, Tatar, Byron, Domi, Suzuki on the roster. Drouin is the notable trade failure, but many teams have such a bad a trade over eight years.

There have been ups and downs but overall I think that the trading and the professional scouting have been pretty good under the Bergevin administration.

The issue is chiefly the poor drafting and development. There simply hasn't been a good influx of young players joining the team in the Bergevin era. The only Bergevin draftees contributing to the team right now are Gallagher, Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, and Mete. That's just not a lot over eight years.

A better analogy might be an attempt to build a pot roast with decent meat and vegetables but no salt, oil, butter, onion, garlic, or spices. @Mrb1p might be able to get it done, but for the most part, good luck.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I'm not sure it's valid though. Because I think that you can have a successful team with each of Weber, Petry, Danault, Tatar, Byron, Domi, Suzuki on the roster. Drouin is the notable trade failure, but many teams have such a bad a trade over eight years.

There have been ups and downs but overall I think that the trading and the professional scouting have been pretty good under the Bergevin administration.

The issue is chiefly the poor drafting and development. There simply hasn't been a good influx of young players joining the team in the Bergevin era. The only Bergevin draftees contributing to the team right now are Gallagher, Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, and Mete. That's just not a lot over eight years.

A better analogy might be an attempt to build a pot roast with decent meat and vegetables but no salt, oil, butter, onion, garlic, or spices. @Mrb1p might be able to get it done, but for the most part, good luck.

Those are part of the failure.. drafting/development (I have disliked some picks, but there's too many development fails and too much other noise that points to Lefebvre/Therrien being really bad for our prospect development)

But the main crux of my post is that Bergevin doesn't really have a vision or a strategy. Like right now, we are sitting between two cores. You have the Suzuki/Kotkaniemi core and you have the Price/Weber core. Weber is 35, Price is 32. You have to commit to one of these windows, you can't sit in between both and not acquire talent for Weber/Price, or not acquiring 1st round picks and blue chip prospects for the Suzuki/Kotkaniemi window.

But that's what he is content on doing and I think we won't get good enough before Weber falls off.. and I don't think we will have enough young talent coming from the draft to support Suzuki/Kotkaniemi when they fully come into their own.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Those are part of the failure.. drafting/development (I have disliked some picks, but there's too many development fails and too much other noise that points to Lefebvre/Therrien being really bad for our prospect development)

But the main crux of my post is that Bergevin doesn't really have a vision or a strategy. Like right now, we are sitting between two cores. You have the Suzuki/Kotkaniemi core and you have the Price/Weber core. Weber is 35, Price is 32. You have to commit to one of these windows, you can't sit in between both and not acquire talent for Weber/Price, or not acquiring 1st round picks and blue chip prospects for the Suzuki/Kotkaniemi window.

But that's what he is content on doing and I think we won't get good enough before Weber falls off.. and I don't think we will have enough young talent coming from the draft to support Suzuki/Kotkaniemi when they fully come into their own.

Agree with everything you said. As the older vets start to decline the young core starts to reach its peak keeping the team mediocre.

I would think (hope) next season, with so many UFA’s, he has to pick a direction. Does he resign all of Gallagher, Danault, Tatar, Petry, Armia. Or does he make trades to get younger.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Cooking without salt or butter is a crime:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->