Marc Bergevin: Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Get your playstations ready! Here comes the deadline. Hopefully our trusty GM can continue on his hot streak and help us out.

Speaking of playstations.
I just bought a ps4 pro for my 4k tv.
The ps4 pro doesnt come with a 4k cable...

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Each year we hear about him that he is very active on the market. Today, he seems to be more low profil,’z. Maybe it will help him and seem less desesperate. Always another DG come from no where and make a big transaction. Maybe it will b me marc. I hope

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't see him doing much. The team has good chemistry and seems to enjoy playing for each other. Don't want to mess up the room by moving key guys. I can see him adding another depth D, so that we have 8 on the roster. I'll be impressed if he manages to come up with a top 4D or top 6 forward, but I'm really not expecting it.

His press conference: prices were too high, it's not what we wanted to pay, etc. etc. and he'll probably be right.

Hudon might go for a 5th or minor leaguer.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Each year we hear about him that he is very active on the market. Today, he seems to be more low profil,’z. Maybe it will help him and seem less desesperate. Always another DG come from no where and make a big transaction. Maybe it will b me marc. I hope
Not each year...and I'll never forget how the TSN panel were in complete disbelief after landing Vanek in 13-14. That was a beautiful moment.

Reactions: bsl

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if he does absolutely nothing.

I think he'll do nothing. Still hoping to get Marcus Johansson cheap/without giving up a 2nd. Would give Kotkaniemi a more offensive player to play with. And, by ripple effect would push a good player to the 4th line to play with Lehkonen and make it a really good 4th line.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
images

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't see him doing much. The team has good chemistry and seems to enjoy playing for each other. Don't want to mess up the room by moving key guys. I can see him adding another depth D, so that we have 8 on the roster. I'll be impressed if he manages to come up with a top 4D or top 6 forward, but I'm really not expecting it.

His press conference: prices were too high, it's not what we wanted to pay, etc. etc. and he'll probably be right.

Hudon might go for a 5th or minor leaguer.

Don't see anyone paying that high of a price for Hudon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if he does absolutely nothing.

I'd be good with that. I suspect many others here would be OK with it. Give me another summer like the last and we're taking a big leap forward.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
no Galchenyuk/Pacioretty to trade
no 3rd overall to pick

at the very least, MB should be shopping Byron, Armia or Lehkonen.

Evidently, we don't have as big fish as last year to trade. But, I didn't mean it as literally the same, but in a general sense. Looking for some winning trades and smart player moves in general. Maybe it's too much to ask, I don't know.

Would also like the see the Habs add more and better amateur and pro scouts to their org.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
no Galchenyuk/Pacioretty to trade
no 3rd overall to pick

at the very least, MB should be shopping Byron, Armia or Lehkonen.
I'm not opposed to trading a forward, where we have a lot of similar middle-skilled players, but when you "shop" someone you very often do not get full value.

You'll get more for one of the redundant forwards by waiting for the other GM to tell you which one he wants.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->