Marc Bergevin : Attitude > Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
We have Kotti because he screwed up so bad that we finished at the bottom of the league. Great trades and non signings/signings!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Our goalies missed 39 games

Our #1dman missed 58

Our #1 winger captain that he inherited was a ghost

And the team was out of t from
November after that horrible start

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
MT and SL aren't two of the worst coaches in their respective league?
Galchenyuk wasn't mishandled?
Desharnais wasn't used at the expense of younger better players?
We didn't mismanage Eller?

What colour is the sky in your world?
Galchenyuk was given a chance and he didn’t take it. Two different coaches saw his defensive flawed let him go play well
In Arizona where they won’t know who he is o the streets and score 30 goals cuz he has all the talent in the world.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
You mean all the guys he picked(over other in the locker) and traded for up until this summer. Yeah he kind of missed the mark on all 3.

Huh? The players selected the captain. What are you on about.

Let’s say the pk trade is a loss cuz obviously you didn’t like it

What other trade has he made that made the team worse

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Aside from pk price and patches whom I mentioned and Gallagher who I also
Mentioned

He inherited a 33 yo Gomez, Gionta 34, plek 31, MArkov 34, Cole 33,
Who cares?

The new buyout rules allowed him to dump Gomez immediately. Gionta and Cole were fine to use as bargaining chips and Markov went on to 5+ years of great hockey. You aren't helping yourself here.

He inherited a good young core that most GMs would kill to walk into. A Norris and Vezina winner. Two core guys you can build a team around, plus other good young talent with a couple of good vets and 3rd overall pick. That's ideal to walk into.
Alright he also inherited eller..
Yeah... and Subban, Max, Price, Gallagher, Markov, Pleks. Why don't you want to talk about them?

You come in with Gionta and Gomez? Get real man.
Look at the prospect pool. Look at the roomies coming up. Look at what he had in the pipeline. He still
Has an elite goalie
Whoopidity freaking doo!

You're talking about prospects now? Six years later? And you want to talk about Price? A guy who's prime years have been wasted here with mismanaged teams run by a horrible coach?

Carey Price is 31 now. By the time those prospects your talking about pan out (IF they pan out) Price will be in his mid 30s. It's totally stupid how he's run things here.
Still has a top 10-15 damn.
Who's not as good or young as the guy he traded away. Who's been on the IR for a year and who (like Price) will waste the next few years of his career on a team that is supposedly rebuilding but not really.
Overall better wingers the patches bourque Gionta Moen

And better d then campoli gorges Diaz etc

Considering the prospect pool and lack off assets to complete trades he managed to give better depth to a team that is still a player or two away from Being competitive

I do remember that he was hired because these players he inherited finished 28th... so the team wasn’t that good
You're going to sit there and say we're in a better position today than we were when he took over? Are you freaking serious? Our two best players are in their early 30s. Our D is a disaster. We still don't have a number one center and the roster is about as weak as it's been since the late 90s. But you think that this is somehow better than the core young group that he took over?

It's not...

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
MT and SL aren't two of the worst coaches in their respective league?
Galchenyuk wasn't mishandled?
Desharnais wasn't used at the expense of younger better players?
We didn't mismanage Eller?

I haven't analyzed the AHL and the coaches around that league in any in-depth fashion, so I can't pronounce myself on that. Have you, or are you making stuff up?

As for the rest of your questions, that's a negative on all of them. (Particularly funny how you are trying to pin Desharnais's ice time on Bergevin too).

Never change, HF!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I haven't analyzed the AHL and the coaches around that league in any in-depth fashion, so I can't pronounce myself on that. Have you, or are you making stuff up?

As for the rest of your questions, that's a negative on all of them. (Particularly funny how you are trying to pin Desharnais's ice time on Bergevin too).

Never change, HF!
Strong rebuttal.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Aside from pk price and patches whom I mentioned and Gallagher who I also
Mentioned

He inherited a 33 yo Gomez, Gionta 34, plek 31, MArkov 34, Cole 33,

Alright he also inherited eller..

Look at the prospect pool. Look at the roomies coming up. Look at what he had in the pipeline. He still
Has an elite goalie

Still has a top 10-15 damn.
Overall better wingers the patches bourque Gionta Moen

And better d then campoli gorges Diaz etc

Considering the prospect pool and lack off assets to complete trades he managed to give better depth to a team that is still a player or two away from Being competitive

I do remember that he was hired because these players he inherited finished 28th... so the team wasn’t that good

Markov at 34>Weber at 33

He still resigned pleks THIS YEAR so MB must really really like him

You are comparing all our wingers other than our young guys from 2012 LOL yeah thats like saying Shaw and Armia are our top wingers right now.

Had a norris winner Dman back then to a top 15 dman now...downgrade
And you think our D squad is better now than 2012...wow. Stunning. Markov and PK vs Petry and Weber. ALZNER and BENN vs anyone on 2012
...keep reaching.

And now you use 28th finish from a 400+ man game injured team to justify how crap they were, while one post before saying we only sucked last year because of injuries. Then arguing about how much worse we were because we were old when our core was very young in 2013 as I showned you upthread. Great arguments. :confused:

OK I am done debating with someone with such BS pretzel logic and making excuse after excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->