Marc Bergevin : Attitude > Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes I am biased, however go read the post game thread. Or watch the video I posted.

Either most of the board is biased and you alone stand with drouin being a top player better than Sergechev and had an outstanding game despite everyones opinion or I dreamed the GDT and PGT.

At leas DA said it was only one game(as opposed to preseason mind you) but he clearly played subpar game one. Bias or not that isn't the way to show the haters drouin has turned the corner.

Yeah! Go f***ing read the GDT and PGT! I was crapping on Drouin as much as everyone! He was brutal! He had a terrible game! No excuses there!

But some of you just keep on pilling like we're past 50 games of the regular season and he's not even recorded one point yet!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Touché lol

Weird to head for a change that way when everyone else is going the other way....oh well
If that shot doesn't go in, we have someone near the redline to make a pass to for a possible breakaway. It isn't 100% boneheaded, but when the other team scored it will get analyzed a lot. Just like the Subban blown tire game. He doesn't fall down, could be entirely different conversation.

Reactions: jaffy27

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You know where I’ve been :DD

50” on the Antlers......a beauty.

Just got out of the bush 2 days ago, was in for 11

So what did I miss!!!!!!
Jesus. that's a big bull, what did it dress at? (by dressed I mean quarter weight in lbs) I am betting at least 700 lbs in 4 quarters, cool! When I typed a response to your post I actually thought that you might be moose hunting, no shit I actually thought that.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Jesus. that's a big bull, what did it dress at? (by dressed I mean quarter weight in lbs) I am betting at least 700 lbs in 4 quarters, cool! When I typed a response to your post I actually thought that you might be moose hunting, no **** I actually thought that.
Don’t know yet, but we estimated at around 800 so you’re pretty close......We slinged the quarters out with a helicopter....I’ll send you some clips if I can, it’s freggin cool....nice having friends who have their own personal helicopter and Turbo Beaver lol

So how about them habs lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If that shot doesn't go in, we have someone near the redline to make a pass to for a possible breakaway. It isn't 100% boneheaded, but when the other team scored it will get analyzed a lot. Just like the Subban blown tire game. He doesn't fall down, could be entirely different conversation.
Ya, I never blamed Subban for that one, he was just trying to make a play.....and true on the possible breakaway but it seemed like a weird time to change wh n the play was heading the other way already......good for the tank I suppose

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Drouin must not have been a player expected to be on the ice at the most important moments... with Tampa.
In Montreal, he did last year but he's still developing IMO.
I guess we'll see him better than last year. It also depends where they play him, if he is moved around from wing to center or only the wing.... or back to center.. hopefully not.
Seems more motivated, stronger.. but not a star player yet, if ever...

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don’t know yet, but we estimated at around 800 so you’re pretty close......We slinged the quarters out with a helicopter....I’ll send you some clips if I can, it’s freggin cool....nice having friends who have their own personal helicopter and Turbo Beaver lol

So how about them habs lol
Hopefully the meat is good, sounds like a fun trip. The habs are only one game in but they are as expected, young and lacking top end talent. The speed game is the new style of play, attack heavy duty on the fore check and try and keep the pace up. They basically nullified anything that the Leafs tried to do 5 on 5 but lacked the talent to finish them off. The game shouldn't have even been close, I am no scout but that's what I saw.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yes I am biased, however go read the post game thread. Or watch the video I posted.

Either most of the board is biased and you alone stand with drouin being a top player better than Sergechev and had an outstanding game despite everyones opinion or I dreamed the GDT and PGT.

At leas DA said it was only one game(as opposed to preseason mind you) but he clearly played subpar game one. Bias or not that isn't the way to show the haters drouin has turned the corner.

Drouin’s a floater. You’re not dreaming it. It’s a real thing. If he can produce like a Kovalev, it’s bearable. But when you’re not getting production, these types of players drive fans nuts. I’m going into this season with an open mind with him and we’re only one game in, but if this kid has a chip on his shoulder, somebody needs to knock it off.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah! Go ****ing read the GDT and PGT! I was crapping on Drouin as much as everyone! He was brutal! He had a terrible game! No excuses there!

But some of you just keep on pilling like we're past 50 games of the regular season and he's not even recorded one point yet!
Because they are counting ALL his games in a Habs jersey. You may wipe the slate clean every summer. Most dont.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Because they are counting ALL his games in a Habs jersey. You may wipe the slate clean every summer. Most dont.

Last season is acknowledged as a disappointment. However, Drouin was also playing in a difficult situation, out of position and on a weak team. There was no denial by anybody that he needed to get better and do better.

This season, Drouin will be playing in good minutes, on his natural position, with Kotkaniemi as his center (who is likely to be adequate or better), likely a good player on the line's RW, and as one of two lines on the Habs that will draw the attention of other teams. Drouin is in a position too succeed this year and it's his second chance. He has no excuse and should be expected to do well.

But please, let's wait a little bit.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Last season is acknowledged as a disappointment. However, Drouin was also playing in a difficult situation, out of position and on a weak team. There was no denial by anybody that he needed to get better and do better.

This season, Drouin will be playing in good minutes, on his natural position, with Kotkaniemi as his center (who is likely to be adequate or better), likely a good player on the line's RW, and as one of two lines on the Habs that will draw the attention of other teams. Drouin is in a position too succeed this year and it's his second chance. He has no excuse and should be expected to do well.

But please, let's wait a little bit.

Predictions and speculation don't require waiting periods. ;)

He may play better in the future (not exactly a tall order) but until he does...................Sergechev is a huge loss.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Right now, Drouin hasn't, and is not, living up to expectations.

He may figure it out, he may not. All the excuses are irrelevant to the simple fact that his on-ice performance (not to be confused with the outcome of his performance) is nowhere near the elite offensive player he was acquired to be.

Why do some posters get so uptight with calling a spade a spade?

Jul 6, 2016
TBH I don't hear MB ever mentioning skills.

Every single GM in this league are looking to have players with good attitude, first and above all. The guys with skills and bad attitude only don't last long in this league.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Hmm, did Kessel really have anything negative going on in the locker room rather than just the fans and media projecting their own feelings about the Leafs onto him?

James Neal might be a better name to throw out there.
JR was a major issue in the lockeroom over the years. Some liked him, others not.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Every single GM in this league are looking to have players with good attitude, first and above all. The guys with skills and bad attitude only don't last long in this league.
This presupposes that 'attitude' is actually a thing and not some made-up, unquantifiable metric that Bergevin grasped onto when his six year plan to acquire 'character' yielded the most fragile version of the Canadiens I can ever recall.

The league is full of guys who have been questioned on their 'heart' 'dedication' 'will to win' and yes, even 'character' and they stay in the league because their talent (and their results) keep them amongst the best 1000 or so people in the world in their sport. They get sent away when their talent no longer measures up, not due to some supposed character flaw made up by guys who nod approvingly during the scene in SlapShot when the players are yelling "Old Time Hockey! Eddie Shore!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->