Speculation: Marc-Andre Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, I mentioned it in the other thread Culk made about us wanting an offensive D-man and an hour later, I see rumors of him being traded today.

I am curious what everyones thought are on MAB and if you think he would be a good addition to the Hawks. Please post ASAP! Thank you. If we trade for him, I don't give a rat's ass about your thoughts afterward. I'd like to see them before. Thanks!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Well, I mentioned it in the other thread Culk made about us wanting an offensive D-man and an hour later, I see rumors of him being traded today.

I am curious what everyones thought are on MAB and if you think he would be a good addition to the Hawks. Please post ASAP! Thank you. If we trade for him, I don't give a rat's ass about your thoughts afterward. I'd like to see them before. Thanks!

He can play point on the power play, something we really need. I guess if you're sending Brookbank or Montador the other way thats fine. Not sure where he fits in with our defensive pairings. He's not going to take Oduya, Leddy, or Keith off the ice.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Keith-Hjalmarsson
Oduya-Seabrook
Leddy-Rozsival

We already have 3 Offensive-Dmen on our roster. Hawks have no problem scoring goals and our transition game is still elite. Acquiring Bergeron is a waste of whatever assets it would take to get him IMO

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe surprisingly, I actually think this could be a useful move, but ONLY if it is done correctly, which would take a lot of outside the box thinking and discipline.

I agree completely with hot fuss, this guy has absolutely no place on our D and shouldn't bump anyone, not even for 1 game. The guy cannot play D, period.

However, if you put him on as a 4th line wing, double shift a little, maybe, MAYBE give MAB a shift or two with the 4th line but even that would be pushing it, then use MAB EXCLUSIVELY as a PPQB and otherwise bench warmer, this could help our power play a lot. He is excellent on the PP. However, any scenario other than exactly what I just outlined would be like dropping an atomic bomb on this team.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
However, if you put him on as a 4th line wing, double shift a little, maybe, MAYBE give MAB a shift or two with the 4th line but even that would be pushing it, then use MAB EXCLUSIVELY as a PPQB and otherwise bench warmer, this could help our power play a lot. He is excellent on the PP. However, any scenario other than exactly what I just outlined would be like dropping an atomic bomb on this team.

So we dress 7 D and take away a spot from someone who can actually contribute to rolling 4 lines? No thanks.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Maybe surprisingly, I actually think this could be a useful move, but ONLY if it is done correctly, which would take a lot of outside the box thinking and discipline.

I agree completely with hot fuss, this guy has absolutely no place on our D and shouldn't bump anyone, not even for 1 game. The guy cannot play D, period.

In the playoffs your 6th defenseman is playing about 10-12 minutes a game. Maybe scratch Rosival against smaller teams and plug in MAB and he could do ok in a limited role. If Jordan Hendry and Dylan Olsen could play in the playoffs, MAB could as well.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Uhg, I like the team as is and would rather do nothing than trade for anything that isn't a surefire upgrade across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad