Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Any chance Guerin thought Kunin was bound to Seattle and decided to make the most of it while he still could? Sure love the pick in any case!
I just posted as much in the trade thread. I think it's clear they're not liking the Dumba trade options at this point and plan on keeping him through the ED and going with 4+4 protection.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Speed he has in plenty, as to shooting, it doesn't look impressive overall. And I'd say, he skates faster, than he thinks.

Good thing he’s just a kid. If he had it all together, he’d be a first rounder. 2nd rounder with athleticism and a chance to develop, perfect pick.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wish he didn't play for SKA. They have the money to entice him into an extension similar to Kaprizov.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yeah, you can have speed but if you just go north-south fast... Well, that ain't so great. Hockey speed is different from pure, raw speed; you need to get to the right places fast, not just get somewhere fast. Still, that's just one report; others may differ.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Any chance Guerin thought Kunin was bound to Seattle and decided to make the most of it while he still could? Sure love the pick in any case!
The expansion draft had nothing to do with Kunin being traded.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Is he a better prospect than Khovanov? About the same?
IMO, better prospect.

EjvSduaXYAEoTjJ

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Is he a better prospect than Khovanov? About the same?

I think likely a lower offensive ceiling than Khovanov, but more likely an NHL player. Weird to say someone who's as elecrifying as he could be with his skating is a "safe" pick like that but I really believe he is. Absolutely relentless all over the ice and fast as hell, with flashes of brilliance as a passer but not nearly as consistent as we saw from Khovanov last year. Given Khovanov hasn't been able to crack the lineup in his brief KHL time thus far (IIRC) and Khusnutdinov did, I'll put him higher.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Very Good pick

So just got around to watching that Scouching video. He dropped a tidbit a little more than 3.5 minutes in:

...when it came to offensive transitions, controlling the puck, he maintained control of the puck 77% of the time. And there are only two players I've tracked...who are above that number. One is Brett Berard...and Marco Rossi, a player who probably should be going in the top 5 this year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad