Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Undersized centre Marat Khusnutdinov has been extremely impressive on the international stage, helping Russian teams to multiple tournament victories. Last summer he captained the Russians to the gold medal at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup, scoring three points in five games. He was also part of the gold medal-winning team at the 2019 World Junior A Hockey Challenge, despite being a double underage player. Khusnutdinov won another gold medal at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, scoring five points in six games. He took home a silver medal from the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World Championships, scoring three points in seven games as an underage player.

Khusnutdinov spent the season with SKA St. Petersburg’s MHL team. He scored 13 goals and 25 assists for 38 points in 44 games. The playoffs were cancelled due to COVID-19. In 2017-18, Khusnutdinov played for Vityaz Podolsk. In the regular season, he played with the Under-17 team, scoring eight goals and 18 points in 11 games. He moved up to the Under-18 late in the season, putting up three points in his only regular-season game. He went on to score four goals and 10 points in seven playoff games.

Marat Khusnutdinov Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #42

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I think this is Minny fans' answer to why the Bonino/Kunin trade was made - and leaving the door open to pick the other player they wanted at #39, ROR v.2

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think this is Minny fans' answer to why the Bonino/Kunin trade was made - and leaving the door open to pick the other player they wanted at #39, ROR v.2

Maybe, but the trade was made 4 or 5 picks before we made it, so Marat could've very easily been taken ahead of us.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
This great pick combined with the probability Kunin would have been snagged by SEA has me really liking the Bonino trade.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As someone who watched all 8 Khusnutdinov's games in the MHL this year, yeah, I don't wanna disappoint you, but... I doubt, he has good enough IQ to succeed in the NHL. Of course, I can be wrong, but right now I think it this way.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
As someone who watched all 8 Khusnutdinov's games in the MHL this year, yeah, I don't wanna disappoint you, but... I doubt, he has good enough IQ to succeed in the NHL. Of course, I can be wrong, but right now I think it this way.
Fair enough. There are opinions of every kind on him, from he's a surefire NHLer or a total non player. We'll see 5 years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->