Confirmed with Link: (Mar. 1) Mark Streit traded to Tampa Bay for Valtteri Filppula, 4th + 7th Round Picks

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If I could figure out how to post you tube properly I'd start lining up more videos. "I will buy you a new life" will drive you crazy!

You don't have to tell me, bud, I already ran that gamut in the 90s. Small wonder I doused my brain with vodka.

Oh for ****'s sake, now it's in my head.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Mark Streit taught me that it is harder to do things when your pelvis breaks in half. I think that is the moral of Mark Streit.

I hope that's not the case, cause Phil Myers had the same injury didn't he? Has to be one of the scariest sounding injuries in sports. PUBIC PLATE DETACHMENT.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Well, I guess it's official... Mark's back with Habs on a dirt cheap Deal... if he helps them on limited basis, they got a steal... if not, no harm as he can easily be buried in AHL or kept for depth... Congratulations, Mark.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
They must be desperate, Streit's expiration date arrived last year.

Supposedly he will be playing sheltered minutes at ES and be utilized best on PP... assuming 2nd... More a depth Player after not being able to get Markov.

At $700K with $300K Bonus available they can't really lose... he can be waived down with zero Cap penalty. I'm sure they are also looking at Off-Ice assets and expecting that using him in a guarded, limited basis would yield a serviceable Player... on a can't lose situation, with some decent upside possibilities.

I'm just wondering how much he was counting on the Flyers to sign him on just such a basis... the Cap is certainly manageable, if they deemed him beneficial... which I assume they did not. There is also the concern of Roster Space and wanting to not take any time away from the Prospects... The Habs are more looking to compete for the Cup and are in a completely different position than we are presently. JMO

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
What's going on with Markov, though.

Seems that he and the Habs have hit a real roadblock (Contract-wise) and there may be other Teams in the mix after him.

Streit is said to be an offshoot of that... but not precluding a Markov signing... I wonder if it's not also a way to make Markov decide to relent and sign; making him think that they've decided to move on?????

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
As long as we don't end up with an Everclear song as a result of this, great.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It is funny to think that Streit couldn't get his butt out of our top 4, while Ghost was clearly used behind him. Now he's barely hanging on. But Hakstol trusted him way more than Ghost, even in defensive situations.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Great guy, used to be a really good player. He's pretty much finished though. At least Montreal only gave him 700K and one year but I don't see how he helps their team at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad