Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs training camp opens September 13th, in St. John's

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I don't even know who we got now, of these new guys who has the best chance of making the opening day roster?

Tyson Barrie Will likely be in the Top 4 as will Cody Ceci. Alex Kerfoot will be the third line center and Jason Spezza will be our fourth line center. Mikheyev has legitimate shot at a top 9 role with hyman out of the line. He can potentially start on the left wing with Matthews and nylander. Shore likely gets the right wing spot on the bottom line because of his penalty killing abilities.

Mikheyev - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Moore - Kerfoot - Kapanen
X - Spezza - Shore
X

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
X - X
X/X

It gets tricky for extra forward and fourth line left wing. As well as bottom pair d with Dermott injured.

For that fourth line left wing it'll be between Agostino, Gauthier, Aberg, Petan.,Wilson and Kossila.

As for the defence the bottom pair has a boatload of options. On the Left there is Kivihalme, Harpur, Marincin, Gravel and even Sandin. On the right you've got Holl, Schmaltz and Liljegren.

My bet is this.

Mikheyev - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Moore - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Agostino - Spezza - Shore
Petan

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Harpur
- Schmaltz
Marincin/Holl

-------------------------------

If marner isn't ready it gets real iffy. Does Bracco get a chance if marner is out? or do they give a huge role to a guy who can score in Aberg.

Reactions: Keon1963

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Why Newfoundland, for the love of God? Couldn't they put this in civilization?
Come visit. You'll see why.
Edit: I see in a later post you had a bad experience in St. John's. Sorry that happened, but majority of the people who visit here absolutely love it. As long as you don't visit seeking good weather. We have a beautiful summer that lasts 7 days and could be any anytime from June 15 - September 15 give or take.

Having said that we did have 20cm of snow in the middle of June last year.

Newfoundland is even better if you get outside of St. John's. The city has it's own poor qualities just like every other one in Canada.

Last edited:

member 300185

Why Newfoundland, for the love of God? Couldn't they put this in civilization?
You are showing your ignorance. NL is Canada's best kept secret. Stunningly beautiful. Wonderful people. Actually one of the few properly civilized places on earth. More bars in one kilometre of George Street than any other place and they really know how to party. Don't knock it until you tried it.

Home of many national parks like Gros Morne and L'Anse aux Meadows. People were in NL 800 years before Columbus was born and has more history than any place in Canada. Some of the best hunting and fishing on the planet. And the fiords of NL cannot be beat. Huge mountains lowering down to turquoise blue water.

Giant waterfalls cascading down in giant sheets of silver, raising back up in a blue veil of mist. And there other things like Signal hill, the Battery, tons of quant fishing villages and the best seafood in the world. I hope to call it home one day.

You need to educate yourself. You are missing out on the good things in life wrapped up in your little cocoon of hate.

Last edited by a moderator:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sorry, I'm just a bit bitter about Newfoundland. I lived in St. John's for a year. Was not a good experience. Probably one of those places that's better to just visit. I think I got the full "come from away" experience.

Anyway, Go Leafs Go!

Met the Borg in Halifax.

Lived there the late 70's, and was an outsider until I wasn't.

As soon as I was a friend of a local I was part of the collective ... maybe the same in St. John's?

Reactions: Keon1963

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
You are showing your ignorance. NL is Canada's best kept secret. Stunningly beautiful. Wonderful people. Actually one of the few properly civilized places on earth. More bars in one kilometre of George Street than any other place and they really know how to party. Don't knock it until you tried it.

Home of many national parks like Gros Morne and L'Anse aux Meadows. People were in NL 800 years before Columbus was born and has more history than any place in Canada. Some of the best hunting and fishing on the planet. And the fiords of NL cannot be beat. Huge mountains lowering down to turquoise blue water.

Giant waterfalls falling down in giant sheets of silver, raising back up in a blue veil of mist. And there other things like Signal hill, the Battery, tons of quant fishing villages and the best seafood in the world. I hope to call it home one day.

You need to educate yourself. You are missing out on the good things in life wrapped up in your little cocoon of hate.

Glad you had a better experience than me. I met some nice people, but despite its reputation I found St. John's to be among the least friendly places I've been. Maybe I just met all the jerks! Or maybe it's unfair to judge Newfoundland on St. John's alone (I didn't spend much time outside of the city when I lived there). Certainly has some beautiful places, though. Cape Spear, in particular, was spectacular!

Sorry if I offended anyone with my jab at Newfoundland. I'm just a little bitter. ;)

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

member 300185

Glad you had a better experience than me. I met some nice people, but despite its reputation I found St. John's to be among the least friendly places I've been. Maybe I just met all the jerks! Or maybe it's unfair to judge Newfoundland on St. John's alone (I didn't spend much time outside of the city when I lived there). Certainly has some beautiful places, though. Cape Spear, in particular, was spectacular!

Sorry if I offended anyone with my jab at Newfoundland. I'm just a little bitter. ;)
But you used the word "civilization", which is the same as calling them "uncivilized". No one likes to be called that. Maybe the people there didn't like you because they sensed you were looking down at them? That city, which I lived in for 7 years, can be cliquey. They accept most everyone, so maybe its not the city, maybe its you?

That said, I always try to let bygones be bygones. Apology accepted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->