Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs to unveil Toronto St. Pats Jersey... Possibly for Outdoor Game?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
http://www.icethetics.co/blog/nhl-jerseywatch-2016

1127-tsp22.png

Possibly the most anticipated change of 2016-17 is redesign coming to Toronto. But Leafs put some of the speculation to rest with the early unveiling of their new logo last month. The jerseys, however, will have to wait — probably until the draft.
And that's not all. Reebok lists a "special edition" jersey under the code "TSP" — likely referring to the Toronto St. Pats, the name the team used from 1919 to 1927.

No logo has been revealed yet but a line in the press release may hint at possible sweaters.
These organizations first played each other on Jan. 4, 1927, when the Toronto St. Patricks defeated the Detroit Cougars, 2-1, in a game near Detroit.
From Reebok's catalog, we already know a St. Pats throwback jersey is in the works. The Red Wings wore a Cougars design for the 2009 Winter Classic in Chicago. They could bring those back or something else from those early years.

For Reference, Here's the get up for the last time the Leafs wore the St. Pats Jersey's

SundinStPats.jpg

Last edited:

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
I'm BigBlu,,, but honestly, those green St. Pats jerseys would be ggoorgeous.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If that is jersey for the Centennial Classic I can see it making sense. Given the fact that Toronto will be coming out with a new set of jerseys because of their new logo, having something completely different for the outdoor game will make it unique.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I would prefer the Toronto Arenas jersey over the St. Pats jersey for the Centennial Classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad