Toronto, Ontario
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

Reilly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitzev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Agree with everything forward wise here, Jooris likely 13th forward... but there is no way Ozhiganov cracks this team out of camp. Unless he comes in and is the second coming of Darius Kasparitis, Ozhiganov is going to spend time in the AHL adjusting to the ice etc. Not stepping into a contenders blue line fresh out of the KHL.

Assuming we don't make any moves, I'm looking at some combination of Holl, Rosen and Borgman to compete for the 6th man job, with Carrick also being a lock to make the team. I'm going to give the edge to Holl given he was Dubas #1 D with the Marlies. For any of you who haven't seen Holl except for the handful of games he had this year, he is very solid, rangy with size & can move the puck.

I'd also look for Dermott to move up the lineup as the year goes on. He can play his off-side and has for the Marlies, I would not be surprised one bit to see him paired with Rielly on the right side by the ASB.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Why?

Tavares is a good pick up, but he doesn't replace 3 centers, 2 wingers, and 1 D.

You might say something like: "Well you Johnsson, Dermott, and Kapanen will replace all those punters", and I will probably reply: "They were already playing for the leafs when those 6 missing UFAs were active". Dubas still has a lot of work to do. You can't convince me that Tavares and 5 Marlies are all going to play next season.

Tell me about your funny posts...now!

All of your posts in this thread have been terrible but I cannot even fathom what you're referring to here? Are you talking about Moore, Plekanec and Bozak? If so this is a terrible argument, one of the worst I've ever seen on hf, and it has stiff competition. We have the best 1-3 center lineup in the league(arguably second) and your worried about the 4C...worse still you are presenting your concern in an intentionally misleading way. Replace 3 centers:skeptic: you know you are posting on the Leaf boards? We know the roster.

Reactions: phillipmike

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
All of your posts in this thread have been terrible but I cannot even fathom what you're referring to here? Are you talking about Moore, Plekanec and Bozak? If so this is a terrible argument, one of the worst I've ever seen on hf, and it has stiff competition. We have the best 1-3 center lineup in the league(arguably second) and your worried about the 4C...worse still you are presenting your concern in an intentionally misleading way. Replace 3 centers:skeptic: you know you are posting on the Leaf boards? We know the roster.

You're just highlighting part of the sentence.

I make these comments with history and Babcock in mind.

I just know that moving from Plekanic, Moore, JVR, Bozak, Komarov, Polak, and Komarov wasn't (I posted this before) going to completely happen through the Marlies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Why?

Tavares is a good pick up, but he doesn't replace 3 centers, 2 wingers, and 1 D.

He replaces Bozak and JvR pretty much all by himself. And he is a phenomenal UFA pickup, the best by the Leafs of all time, not merely the "good pick up" you disparagingly dismiss him as. All the other players gone are at best addition by subtraction. The players we otherwise have in the system are already both much younger, faster and better than all the other broken down 4th line geezers who showed they desperately needed to be replaced regardless of the fact you continue to moan over their less than replacement value loss. Like the rest of us, you should be thanking them for going away.

Last edited:

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Agree with everything forward wise here, Jooris likely 13th forward... but there is no way Ozhiganov cracks this team out of camp. Unless he comes in and is the second coming of Darius Kasparitis, Ozhiganov is going to spend time in the AHL adjusting to the ice etc. Not stepping into a contenders blue line fresh out of the KHL.

Assuming we don't make any moves, I'm looking at some combination of Holl, Rosen and Borgman to compete for the 6th man job, with Carrick also being a lock to make the team. I'm going to give the edge to Holl given he was Dubas #1 D with the Marlies. For any of you who haven't seen Holl except for the handful of games he had this year, he is very solid, rangy with size & can move the puck.

I'd also look for Dermott to move up the lineup as the year goes on. He can play his off-side and has for the Marlies, I would not be surprised one bit to see him paired with Rielly on the right side by the ASB.

Our RHD depth is abysmal. It's Carrick and Holl and that's about it. Rosen and Borgman are competing with Rielly, Gardiner and Dermott.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
You're just highlighting part of the sentence.

I make these comments with history and Babcock in mind.

I just know that moving from Plekanic, Moore, JVR, Bozak, Komarov, Polak, and Komarov wasn't (I posted this before) going to completely happen through the Marlies.

Moore, Komarov and Polak are all either done or close to as NHL players, its highly possible none of them would be good enough to crack our lineup next year on a merit based(rather than gud pro) system. So JVR and Bozak are the only ones who need to be replaced, even if we want to get into the ludicrous flat goals in vs. goals out system(frankly how did evolution not rid us of the people who think this is an effective tool) Tavares replaces JVR's goals and Bozak only scored like 13, easily replaceable by Kap, Johnsson, or Brown in a bigger role(note only one of these players should really be considered an AHLer at this junction in Johnson and I think he's the best of the 3). But the reality is JVR and Bozak also were pretty bad defensively and got sheltered like crazy, we now will have 3 lines and won't have to worry about sheltering anyone that's other teams problems now.

These players have not only been replaced but the team is going to be way better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad