Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign Josh Jooris, 1-year, $650k

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Kid is a work horse and trust me that effort will be even more apparent now playing for the Leafs. His gonna bust his ass all summer and earn a spot.

It’s a dream come true.

I’ve been a die hard leaf fan my whole life and this is just wow.

Incredible day

looks like the kids got sand

i like sand

very pleased with this pick up.

if the goat had this sand he would be in the NHL

can't teach sand, either ya got a pair or ya don't

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Pulling for him for the 4C spot over Lindholm. Mainly just because he adds sandpaper and is a local boy.
Grundstrom-Jooris-Brown/Kapanen
Would be a solid forechecking line with scoring punch. I feel like Grundstrom and Jooris could feed off eachothers physical games

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Kid is a work horse and trust me that effort will be even more apparent now playing for the Leafs. His gonna bust his ass all summer and earn a spot.

It’s a dream come true.

Incredible day

Congrats, Shaner.

Really happy for you and your family.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I like this signing.

He's versatile as a C and W.

Jooris looks like the front-runner for the 13th forward spot, at worst.

I'm not sure he'll beat out Lindholm.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

It’s a dream come true.

Incredible day
shanerav.jpg

There you go bud! Show it off! Thank me later ;)

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
looks like the kids got sand

i like sand

very pleased with this pick up.

if the goat had this sand he would be in the NHL

can't teach sand, either ya got a pair or ya don't

Quoting a fictional slave holder, FTW!

Anyway...candidate for the 4th center, 7 minute a night role. Sounds good to me.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Seems to be a great fit for 4C. Not sure why everyone seems to have Lindholm penciled in at 4C already over a guy with 200+ NHL games under his belt who fits a need on our team (sandpaper). Aaltonen put up points in Europe too before coming over, look how that turned out.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He'll be 28 in a few days.

He'll be good for the Marlies or depth for the Leafs.

Games: 213
Goals: 23
Assists: 32
PIMS: 87

Nice that he gets to play near home.
Professional hockey players ... getting paid to play a game, never disappointing.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Such a funny post in hindsight

Why?

Tavares is a good pick up, but he doesn't replace 3 centers, 2 wingers, and 1 D.

You might say something like: "Well you Johnsson, Dermott, and Kapanen will replace all those punters", and I will probably reply: "They were already playing for the leafs when those 6 missing UFAs were active". Dubas still has a lot of work to do. You can't convince me that Tavares and 5 Marlies are all going to play next season.

Tell me about your funny posts...now!

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Happy we signed him. His father Mark was a superstar during his time here in Berlin. ;-)

We’re you able to watch him live? My dad and I went to see him in Switzerland. He’s a special talent. Heard alot of people say he was the best player to not play in the Nhl.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Why?

Tavares is a good pick up, but he doesn't replace 3 centers, 2 wingers, and 1 D.

You might say something like: "Well you Johnsson, Dermott, and Kapanen will replace all those punters", and I will probably reply: "They were already playing for the leafs when those 6 missing UFAs were active". Dubas still has a lot of work to do. You can't convince me that Tavares and 5 Marlies are all going to play next season.

You are right, this leafs team is garbage and probably doesn't even make the playoffs....

Need those punters!

Funny, last time we injected 3 rookies and 3 Marlies who replaced 6 ufa's we became a better team and made the playoffs for only the 2nd time since 2003-04.

You're a joke.

Reactions: phillipmike

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
We’re you able to watch him live? My dad and I went to see him in Switzerland. He’s a special talent. Heard alot of people say he was the best player to not play in the Nhl.

Yes, watched him play for Dynamo Berlin in the early 90s, now Eisbären Berlin, he was amazing for us.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Why?

No more Komarov or Matt Martin, what ever will we do!?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You are right, this leafs team is garbage and probably doesn't even make the playoffs....

Need those punters!

Funny, last time we injected 3 rookies and 3 Marlies who replaced 6 ufa's we became a better team and made the playoffs for only the 2nd time since 2003-04.

You're a joke.

It's now a good time to put me down and make yourself look that much better by naming this year's 3 rookies and 3 Marlies who will replace: Martin, Komarov, Bozak, Moore, JVR, Polak, Plekanec, and Komarov.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
It's now a good time to put me down and make yourself look that much better by naming this year's 3 rookies and 3 Marlies who will replace: Martin, Komarov, Bozak, Moore, JVR, Polak, Plekanec, and Komarov.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

Reilly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitzev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

Reilly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitzev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

It's possible that some of these players make the team.

I don't know how Ozhiganov gets to jump the line, or if Leivo is the right fit for the 4th line. Probable, but not likely.

Anyway I think many of you are taking a run at me because I was supposed to know that TOR was signing Tavares. You didn't know and either did I.

The other thing is that people here are taking a run at me because I was "wrong". I don't fear being wrong. All I know is that at the time of this thread nothing was done to replace 6 expiring UFAs. Before Tavares, Jooris was it.

That being said I think the UFA market is pretty depleted by now. If our D is to improve it will have to come via a trade.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

It’s not just about listing names. It’s about filing roles too. The only significant roles we have to fill are Bozak, JVR on the PP, and Polak on the PK.

Guys like Kapanen and Johnsson will get larger roles. Is Johnsson going to match JVR’s 30 goals? Probably not, but if he gets 20 and is better defensively, that’s an adequate replacement. The Marlies coming up have to replace what Johnsson did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad