Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign Josh Jooris, 1-year, $650k

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Burke seems to believe Jooris is a solid 4 line C. Works his tail off, wins face-offs. (For what thats worth)
Is he still young? Room for development?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Kid is a work horse and trust me that effort will be even more apparent now playing for the Leafs. His gonna bust his ass all summer and earn a spot.

It’s a dream come true.

I’ve been a die hard leaf fan my whole life and this is just wow.

Incredible day

I'm happy for you
I hope he kills it and earns himself the 4th line center spot

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Says the guy who wears a "Hindsight Genius" T-SHIRT.

Nope, hindsight wasn't required and I told you were nuts from the get go. Here are my first two posts in that ridiculous tire fire of a thread:

Agreed, I'm in the "similar" camp myself.

Hard to make predictions without seeing our opening day roster but we'll probably finish 3rd in our division again. Unless we get Tavares, then 1st place is a possibility. Hard to see us dropping to bubble team status, not sure why anyone would think that. We lost some vets but some young players will improve etc., it's not complicated.

I was one of those who wanted them gone. Here's the thing, the only guys we're losing that are any good are JVR and Bozak. JVR is horrible on D so he's not that big a loss and Bozak while a useful player isn't that great either. Think of it this way, all our best players will be back, every single one of them. Our starting goalie, all our Dmen, all our best forwards and most of our team is still very young with room to develop and improve. So how much worse can we possibly be? Do you really not expect any progress from our young guys? You don't think that our big 3 will make a bigger contribution than they did last year? Well I sure as hell do, wouldn't surprise me a bit if Marner put up PPG with Nylander not far behind and Matthews being healthy and dominant for the full season. That alone would make a massive difference, never mind possible improvement from whoever else.

Even if we make no major moves I expect we'll at least pick up a cheap vet or two. If there's a reason to expect us to be significantly worse than last season, I'm not seeing it.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Nope, hindsight wasn't required and I told you were nuts from the get go. Here are my first two posts in that ridiculous tire fire of a thread:

Good job, but the season hasn't even happened yet. J.T. does not cover 6 missing UFAs, defensive help, toughness, etc.

J.T. was a big "if"and you can't come down on me. This kind of thing rarely happens for TOR.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Kid is a work horse and trust me that effort will be even more apparent now playing for the Leafs. His gonna bust his ass all summer and earn a spot.

It’s a dream come true.

Incredible day

You gonna change your avatar now?

Congrats

Reactions: shaner8989

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

It’s a dream come true.

Incredible day
shaner make it maple leaf blue and we'll accept you back (we love you anwyays)

Reactions: shaner8989

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Nice cheap depth signing who's a strong candidate for the 4th line C spot.

Jooris will compete with Lindholm for the 4th line C spot.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Good job, but the season hasn't even happened yet. J.T. does not cover 6 missing UFAs, defensive help, toughness, etc.

J.T. was a big "if"and you can't come down on me. This kind of thing rarely happens for TOR.
You sure enough invited the abuse...would be rude not to accept it...wear it well friend.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

You again, wailing about how the leafs will never be able to replace such important players as 4th line marvels as Moore, Plekanec and Komarov long with 6/7th defenseman Polak?

Tavares easily replaces Bozak and JvR all on his own at $1, mill smaller a cap hit. But oh, whatever will we do without those broken down 4th liners.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
You again, wailing about how the leafs will never be able to replace such important players as 4th line marvels as Moore, Plekanec and Komarov long with 6/7th defenseman Polak?

Tavares easily replaces Bozak and JvR all on his own at $1, mill smaller a cap hit. But oh, whatever will we do without those broken down 4th liners.

Please don’t feed the troll.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Would not mind in the slightest if he's our 4th line C. Matthews-Tavares-Kadri-Jooris down the middle. From what I can recall, he has a bit more offence to chip in than Gauthier and he's a hard worker. Could compliment a 4th line well.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

You say no one can come down on you yet you’re doubling down on this notion that we’re in a tight spot with the UFAs leaving. We have options both internally and cheap options to sign externally for those 4th liners.

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Can he provide what Hyman provided similarly? Maybe put him with Matthews and Nylander? Babcock likes to put a grinder with skill guys and Marleau is not a grinder.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Maybe Shaner will be positive this season
Waiting for his "my cousin is trash" post in the gdt during his first game. That will come a few minutes after the "Tavares is trash" post if he doesn't register a point on his first shift.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada

It’s a dream come true.

Incredible day

Lmao

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Burlington’s Josh Jooris signs with Maple Leafs
Why were they so interested in him? Part of it could be his relationship with general manager Kyle Dubas, who scouted him for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and was his first adviser back prior to his college days.

Part of it could be his ability to kill penalties and contribute on offence. Part could be his big-league experience now that he has 213 games on his resume.
With John Tavares, Auston Matthews, and Nazem Kadri at centre, that's what he would get if he makes the big club.
"It's not the easiest thing to be moving from team to team," he says. "But sticking around is not something I take for granted. The NHL is the NHL."

So he'll show up at camp — after a summer working out with Tavares — and battle for his spot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->