Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Sabres - 3/21/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
no but i dont think its 88% that we will win..no where close to that..i wonder what vegas thinks? i give it about 45% chance of winning tonight..which is pretty damn good

Bet365 pays 10/31 for a leafs win, which is approximately 75% chance of a leafs win according to this Odds probability table.

http://www.isfa.com/odds-probability-chart.php

edit: my mistake, I think what I was looking at included a spread. looks they have it pretty close to 50/50 on a money line.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
so i was bored and counted the predictions in the prediction thread so far..
Leafs win: 50 people
Leafs Lose: 7 People

this game is in Buffalo and that to me is ridiculous..how old are most of the posters here?

its just my opinion..of course im hoping the leafs prove me and history wrong..but common this thing is in buffalo do i need to say more?

looks like vegas agrees with me on this one..they have the sabres favoured for this one

Oh god... Lol :facepalm:

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Due to the back-to-back factor. Not because it's in Buffalo.

They aren't "agreeing with you"

either way..if it wasnt back to back maybe they would call it even..who really knows..its all speculation..im just surprised at all the optimism going into tonights game..

i hope reimer starts tonight..we need to ride him the rest of the year

Triple Minor

Optimus Reim
Aug 24, 2012
Toronto
Tonights a must win after the points we dropped the past few games.
Need some momentum with 2 games against Boston coming up.

Hopefully Lupul isnt suspended

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Looked at the replay again:

That is definetly a suspension or should be! Lupul brought his elbow UP to Hedmans' head and made no attempt to lower it before making any type of contact either. The league will probably just dish out 1 game, but really its a joke, NHL has to start cracking down on this BS.

leafstilldeath*

Just get the 'W' buds. Time to light up Miller he seems to have lost it mentally lol.

LEAFS!!!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The boys should still have lots of energy tonight after the 3 day break.

It's time to start a new trend down the QEW by winning our second game in a row there.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
either way..if it wasnt back to back maybe they would call it even..who really knows..its all speculation..im just surprised at all the optimism going into tonights game..

i hope reimer starts tonight..we need to ride him the rest of the year

Not that hard to not be optimistic.

We came off a very nice win. Where we looked dominant for 50/60 minutes. Buffalo is horrible this year, and are falling apart as a team.

All things added up, and we SHOULD win tonight

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
when i made the comments i expected about 88% percent of the people here to disagree with me..but im still sticking to my opinion:nod:

K pal. Lol. I'm not saying you are wrong, because at the end of the day we're talking about speculation here.

But your reasoning and making a mockery of people being optimistic is irrational.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Out of curiousity, since it's a back to back situation, does that mean the players fly to Buffalo or do they still have to take the bus down? I know last year there was at least once instance where they flew the team back to Toronto from Buffalo after a game. The flight time is an estimated 7 minutes :laugh:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Out of curiousity, since it's a back to back situation, does that mean the players fly to Buffalo or do they still have to take the bus down? I know last year there was at least once instance where they flew the team back to Toronto from Buffalo after a game. The flight time is an estimated 7 minutes :laugh:

Is it really that fast? Lol.

I know to Windsor it's about hour flight time. Going through customs and getting your luggage will probably not even be worth flying.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end who cares about the odds?

Overall games in Buffalo and back to back haven't gone great, but this team has to win as many games as it possibly can. Especially with how many they've lost lately and Boston games coming up.

But they certainly can win this one.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
K pal. Lol. I'm not saying you are wrong, because at the end of the day we're talking about speculation here.

But your reasoning and making a mockery of people being optimistic is irrational.

yeah i think i came across as a bit of an ass on my original post..my bad:nod: come on leafs prove me wrong ;)

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation

that is insane never knew they would do that..im just going to assume they took a bus last night..looks like in the background of some interviews they were in a rush to get out of the building last night

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
that is insane never knew they would do that..im just going to assume they took a bus last night..looks like in the background of some interviews they were in a rush to get out of the building last night

Wouldn't it be faster to catch a flight from Toronto Island Airport to Buffalo?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Is it really that fast? Lol.

I know to Windsor it's about hour flight time. Going through customs and getting your luggage will probably not even be worth flying.

There's a site I use to get flight time estimations and I checked up Buffalo for the fun of it and it said 7 minutes. I would actually guess that it's more 20-25 minutes just based on the average flight time to NYC is about an hour and 15 minutes.

But you're right, it wouldn't be worth flying to Buffalo. If you were to check in 2 hours in advance like they ask you to, you would have already made it to Buffalo if you had driven there yourself. I'm pretty sure the only way to get a flight from Toronto to Buffalo (vice versa) is if you charter it yourself.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Can we please stop posting on the main boards about Kadri?

Yeah, it's nice that he's proving a lot of people wrong but this, "haha! told you!" mentality is making us look awful. There are THREE polls "versus" polls on the 1st page alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->