Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs re-sign Martin Marincin to 1-year, $700k contract

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Next season wasted confirmed.

Agreed. Clearly this depth signing of a guy who will sit in the press box for 70+ games will turn the leafs into a lottery team and probably fold the franchise.

I do not like Marincin but holy overreaction batman. Is every single thread from now on just going to be people melting down over the fact that Dubas is still GM? I want him fired now just so people will shut up about this.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I read and understood your post just fine.

I can tell you right now, he won’t be with the Marlies when you look at how shallow our D depth is.

It's June 30th, relax. In any case he is cheap depth. Better to toss him out for spot duty for the Leafs than overwhelm one of the kids.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Fine for a 7th defender.

Every team needs a team first “fringe” defender, who doesnt need ice time for development, that is making minimum salary to be sitting in the presser.

Martin is that guy.

Even in the event of injury with him in the press box, we may see Marlies called up prior to him even playing.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Went though waivers twice under Babcock, and he's still here. It's like he isn't an NHL D man and we're the only one's that just can't accept it. Or is it a testament to the fact our D is going to be a patchwork this season?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Marincin has a wicked life. Dude is picking up contracts...and fooling people into thinking he knows how to hockey.

I figured that fall down and scoop at the puck 'house league style' woulda been the end of him. Nope... dudes making above min. Wage when he can't even salt the fries.

Reactions: showtime8

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Went though waivers twice under Babcock, and he's still here. It's like he isn't an NHL D man and we're the only one's that just can't accept it. Or is it a testament to the fact our D is going to be a patchwork this season?
Look no further than our GM Should explain everything to you

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Look no further than our GM Should explain everything to you
When he started talking up Holl the other day as an option (and maybe he could be, but I'd look at it more as a pleasant surprise than legit continent yet), now Ceci and this guy again, I'm getting worried. We aren't winning anything with this blue line...patiently waiting for something positive, so far looks like bandaids.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I've been critical of Dubas but this is nothing to be upset about. Unless he somehow ends up playing with Rielly again then its not a big deal.

It looks like hes doing the job in clearing up mistakes, lets see what his solutions are to make the D better with the cap space hes created.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
$700k suggests he isn't veiwed as an NHL defender here. That's a salary you bury in the minors or keep in the press box as the 8th man.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Any good words to his address after pre-season games?

Yes, Marincin looks like he is going to be top 6 six for the Leafs. He can play the right side too. Keep up his pre season play he can be a Leaf this year.
I thought Marincin could play in the NHL. It's just that he sits in the press box for weeks on end and then is thrust into league action when there is an injury. Hard to any player to get up to NHL speed after sitting for so long.
I would like to see Babcock rotate some his bottom enders....but. Babcock won't. He thinks he is the master of game management but he terrible at it.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
When he started talking up Holl the other day as an option (and maybe he could be, but I'd look at it more as a pleasant surprise than legit continent yet), now Ceci and this guy again, I'm getting worried. We aren't winning anything with this blue line...patiently waiting for something positive, so far looks like bandaids.
I'm not really sure how you can consider the acquisitions of both Muzzin and Barrie as bandaids...

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad