Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs re-sign Martin Marincin to 1-year, $700k contract

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Yes, Marincin looks like he is going to be top 6 six for the Leafs. He can play the right side too. Keep up his pre season play he can be a Leaf this year.
I thought Marincin could play in the NHL. It's just that he sits in the press box for weeks on end and then is thrust into league action when there is an injury. Hard to any player to get up to NHL speed after sitting for so long.
I would like to see Babcock rotate some his bottom enders....but. Babcock won't. He thinks he is the master of game management but he terrible at it.

Fools!

For you are The Master of Game Management!

By the power of Greyskull...

;)

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Watching the pre-season games with Gravel, Harpur, Ceci, etc, Marincin doesn't look so bad.....

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I honestly think he's looked better than most of our depth d-men.
He's a tweener who is good at one thing. If he's in the top 6, the Leafs are in trouble IMO and better look for an upgrade ASAP

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
He's a tweener who is good at one thing. If he's in the top 6, the Leafs are in trouble IMO and better look for an upgrade ASAP

The problem is he outplayed liljegren... as did schultz.

People keep seeing players as a static thing. They're constantly evolving. We've all known marincin has the tools to be an elite shutdown d-man basically in the vein of Gunnarsson. But what he has problems with is confidence. He's shown shades of that dominance in the AHL and a lot of those numbers have translated to the NHL. The issue is he keeps beating himself up when he does make a mistake and then it leads to more.

I'd rather we try to make a good player out of him than constantly pushing him down. If he has finally figured it all out, I'd rather have him than most players because of how valuable those types of d-men are.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I haven't been terribly impressed with Schmaltz. I expected him to be a better skater. But no, Liljegren hasn't separately himself greatly from Schmaltz, Holl or Marincin like Sandin has clearly separated himself from Harpur, Kivihalme and Gravel.

None of this means he isn't going to continue some steady progress and be an option soon.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
The problem is he outplayed liljegren... as did schultz.

People keep seeing players as a static thing. They're constantly evolving. We've all known marincin has the tools to be an elite shutdown d-man basically in the vein of Gunnarsson. But what he has problems with is confidence. He's shown shades of that dominance in the AHL and a lot of those numbers have translated to the NHL. The issue is he keeps beating himself up when he does make a mistake and then it leads to more.

I'd rather we try to make a good player out of him than constantly pushing him down. If he has finally figured it all out, I'd rather have him than most players because of how valuable those types of d-men are.
Good response. Hell, I'm in my 40's and I keep improving at my beer league every year. Well, at least, I think I am. LOL. Confidence is huge.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Leafs are in trouble if they have a tweener on their third pair temporarily until everyone is healthy? That might be a bit of an overreaction.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He'll have done well to start off in the top six. There's an opportunity now for a bottom pairing, PK option. There might still be an opening (for someone) when Dermott returns as well if none of the possibilities has secured a spot by then.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What marincin's first name again???

He has a good shot really heavy. Can we get him some power play time finally plz lol. If he's not getting 28 minutes a game this season it's a waste of talent. Just can't think of his first name hmmm

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
When Marincin is on the ice, we give up a lot less chances 5v5, and we give up *significantly* less on the PK.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 11.50.50 AM.png

Looking forward to seeing more Marincin on the 3rd pair.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lmao. I think he liked living in Toronto but I'm living in NC these days and it's an easy place to like.

Caught a bit of the Caps/Canes game last week and found it interesting that he and Rimes are on the team. My first thought was them being on the ice for the 2013 game #7 OT goal. Good luck Canes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->