GDT: Maple Leafs @ Rangers 4/10/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kinda feel like there a games that a team needs to experience to get better, and since the new guys arrived I think that game was up in Toronto. Cant have a breakdown like that after you finally tie up the game in the third.

Hopefully theyll apply that lesson tonight and split the home and home.

This game is UGE.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
5-3 Rangers.
4th line with two goals, Richards with two goals, and Zuccarello with three points.
Nash with an empty netter.

Three stars:
Zuke
Richards
Asham

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah, I'm on board with the "Must-win" mentality here if the Rangers want to finish anywhere but 8th or below come the end of the season.

HUGE four point swing game.

LGR

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think for the Rangers it is extremely important to score first tonight.

It seems to calm them down and allows them to think less. When you get to 12, 16 minutes of the first and then into the second period without a goal - they fall into that zone where they can't score, even if they get good chances.

They may be the team most effected by the first goal in the entire NHL:

• When scoring first the Rangers are tied for 3rd in the NHL with a .800 winning % (12-2-1)
• Other than San Jose (10), there's no other team in the top 10 in SC 1 winning% that has a lower GPG average of 2.6 (Rangers have a 2.38, SJ 2.36)
• When leading after the first period, the Rangers are tied for 2nd in the NHL with a .889 winning% and have not lost in regulation (8-0-1)
• The Rangers have been scored on first in 24 out of their 39 games (62%) and are 7-14-3 in those contests.

Come out flying! SCORE FIRST!

Wolfy*

Torts should try Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello tonight, sounds like a very dangerous line. This is a critical game since the Jets and Islanders won.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Torts should try Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello tonight, sounds like a very dangerous line. This is a critical game since the Jets and Islanders won.

I like the sound of that line, but I think that leaves us with just one scoring line. i don't expect much production from Clowe-Richards-Callahan (not that we're seeing a lot from C-R-Z).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad