Maple Leafs Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm from the UK, and my girlfriend and I are looking at visiting Toronto in September this year. As part of that, I'm hoping to take in some hockey. Having a wander round the Hall of Fame - perhaps going out to an OHL game - but mostly I'd like to take in some of the Maple Leafs' pre-season preparations.

We've pencilled in 16th-23rd of September, so we should be there for the games starting at least.

What can you tell me about what happens round the arena at that time of year. Are there training days, how much do pre-season tickets cost - any other tips I might not have considered?

Thanks Guys.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
There will definitely be pre-season games during your trip - pre-season starts during the 2nd week of September so you'll be good there.

You'll have to defer to others regarding pricing for pre-season. I know there's a cost, but can't tell you whether they are cheaper than normal. I want to say that there's always one pre-season game that is free or something?

Not sure though. Hopefully you can get the information you need. Enjoy your trip mate. Keep bumping this thread I'm sure you'll get feedback

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
There will definitely be pre-season games during your trip - pre-season starts during the 2nd week of September so you'll be good there.

You'll have to defer to others regarding pricing for pre-season. I know there's a cost, but can't tell you whether they are cheaper than normal. I want to say that there's always one pre-season game that is free or something?

Not sure though. Hopefully you can get the information you need. Enjoy your trip mate. Keep bumping this thread I'm sure you'll get feedback

A free game would be very nice! Haha.

Was pretty sure we'd be there at the right time.

Thanks.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
A free game would be very nice! Haha.

Was pretty sure we'd be there at the right time.

Thanks.

Pre-season tickets are cheaper but still not cheap. What I normally do is get ripped at Real Sports then get some scalped tickets outside for periods 2 and 3 for about $40 a ticket in preseason upper deck.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Pre-season tickets are cheaper but still not cheap. What I normally do is get ripped at Real Sports then get some scalped tickets outside for periods 2 and 3 for about $40 a ticket in preseason upper deck.

Ouch, I'm willing to take the hit for the right game. And was probably always going to rely on scalping/stub hub. Thanks for the tip.

Do they have open to the public training sessions during the day?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Purples are $25 ticket price, hard to believe this is true. If it is, you may want to re-think the getting ripped before getting ripped off.

Ouch, I'm willing to take the hit for the right game. And was probably always going to rely on scalping/stub hub. Thanks for the tip.

Do they have open to the public training sessions during the day?

With this being the 1st year Subscribers can opt out of buying some of the Pre-season, there will be lots available to purchase at cost.

LeafsFIO*

Typical, season just ended and we're already worried about our exhibition schedule next season.

Totally kidding.

They used to have a few training sessions at Ricoh open to the public in the two days prior to their pre-season opener, not sure if they still do that but they used to draw a lot of people.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
They did a free game a couple of years ago but not last year, if I remember correctly. Not sure if they will have one this year as I think it is up to a sponsor to step up (Coke did it last time).

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Purples are $25 ticket price, hard to believe this is true. If it is, you may want to re-think the getting ripped before getting ripped off.

With this being the 1st year Subscribers can opt out of buying some of the Pre-season, there will be lots available to purchase at cost.

Ah nice. That's very affordable. How's the view from back there? I get it's far back, but is it impossible to see what's going on? I'd probably be up for paying a bit more for better seats.

As for the training, I'm guessing when we get there the pre-season games will already have begun, so probably going to miss the training sessions?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ah nice. That's very affordable. How's the view from back there? I get it's far back, but is it impossible to see what's going on? I'd probably be up for paying a bit more for better seats.

There are 18 rows in the Upper Deck and my seats are row 17, I have no problem seeing but I am use to it and I do go all the time.

If this is a one off, spend a little more on Greens or Blues. Typically, they are twice the Price of Purples.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto

As for the training, I'm guessing when we get there the pre-season games will already have begun, so probably going to miss the training sessions?

Stubhub and scalpers are a rip clearly.. but, pre-season does get sold out so if you expect to buy via scalpers you will be paying premium even if you go after the first period.. not much you can do since the scalpers co-ordinate prices outside maple leaf square.. They normally start with a price double to face value and you can work them down nicely.. Greens should be the highest you go, unless you like being around drunks like me, you can do purples.. It's darklit up there but the view isn't too unbearable, I usually question why I go instead of watching in Real Sports. Oh yeah, $12/tall boy now and $14 for a large draft sippy cup.. so add that to the ticket cost..

Maybe check out the Marlies since you'll be seeing half of them play for the leafs in pre-season regardless. Marlies games are just as fun and you can get great seats for under $10 pre-season.. same price for beers though.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Stubhub and scalpers are a rip clearly.. but, pre-season does get sold out so if you expect to buy via scalpers you will be paying premium even if you go after the first period.. not much you can do since the scalpers co-ordinate prices outside maple leaf square.. They normally start with a price double to face value and you can work them down nicely.. Greens should be the highest you go, unless you like being around drunks like me, you can do purples.. It's darklit up there but the view isn't too unbearable, I usually question why I go instead of watching in Real Sports. Oh yeah, $12/tall boy now and $14 for a large draft sippy cup.. so add that to the ticket cost..

Maybe check out the Marlies since you'll be seeing half of them play for the leafs in pre-season regardless. Marlies games are just as fun and you can get great seats for under $10 pre-season.. same price for beers though.

Yeah, I was sort of forgetting that I was going to a city that actually go to watch their hockey team.

For my team, Carolina, Stubhub is a godsend where you can get lower bowl seats for under $40. I'll have plenty of time to plan in advance if it's cheaper that way.

Marlies is a good idea, I'm wanting to take in as much as possible. We were gonna go see an OHL game too at some point - and being from the UK I'm going to go check out BMO Field and possibly take in the Sunday Toronto FC game - which aparently is right next to Ricoh.

The city looks really cool, I'm looking forward to visiting.

Durkin67

I'm from the UK, and my girlfriend and I are looking at visiting Toronto in September this year. As part of that, I'm hoping to take in some hockey. Having a wander round the Hall of Fame - perhaps going out to an OHL game - but mostly I'd like to take in some of the Maple Leafs' pre-season preparations.

We've pencilled in 16th-23rd of September, so we should be there for the games starting at least.

What can you tell me about what happens round the arena at that time of year. Are there training days, how much do pre-season tickets cost - any other tips I might not have considered?

Thanks Guys.

Check out Mastercard Centre in Etobicoke (15 Min or so from downtown) and you can see them in practice as well. RE: pre season, a lot of season ticket holders let their seats go cheap before the regular season. I scored some great seats on kijiji for my son and I VS Pitt a couple years ago that way.The only drag is sometimes the visiting team sits their big guns out for those games. Good luck!

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Turns out I'm heading over 10th-17th so missing pre-season.

Training Camp will probably going on in Mastercard Centre then, is that restricted for media, because I wouldn't mind going out there to see some of the players in training. Would be pretty cool.

Other than that it'll be Hockey Hall of Fame!

Thanks for the help guys.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Turns out I'm heading over 10th-17th so missing pre-season.

Training Camp will probably going on in Mastercard Centre then, is that restricted for media, because I wouldn't mind going out there to see some of the players in training. Would be pretty cool.

Other than that it'll be Hockey Hall of Fame!

Thanks for the help guys.

Well that settles that then.

/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad