Maple Leafs PP is embarrasing (Babs rips into assitant)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Leafs, Habs and Preds should do some sort of huge Game of Thrones Season 7 Epis. 7 meeting to talk strategies to solve an end of the World problem like this. :laugh:

Look the Habs have a huge bomb in Weber that often scores there but the rest just doesn't work. We have that weapon and it still is not enough. The Leafs have all these skills and it doesn't work. Preds have a stacked D and it doesn't come together at point.

Reactions: dukeofjive

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Don't like Babs deflecting and blaming his assistants. Bad idea to create drama within the locker room right before the playoffs.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
The Rags goalie had a helluva a game. Might never have such a game in the rest of his career. In the Leaf's first PP he looked like Hasek at his best. Just crazy.
I need a replay of that whole PP, because advanced stats tell me it was simply just ridiculously crazy. I've never seen something like that in terms of xGF. Nearly 5 in the span of one single PP.
6256656258.png

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I need a replay of that whole PP, because advanced stats tell me it was simply just ridiculously crazy. I've never seen something like that in terms of xGF. Nearly 5 in the span of one single PP.
6256656258.png

I don't know what it all means, but it was one of the more dominant looking PPs that didn't end in a goal that I've ever seen. And I've been watching this game since the early 80s.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I don't know what it all means, but it was one of the more dominant looking PPs that didn't end in a goal that I've ever seen. And I've been watching this game since the early 80s.
xGF = Expected goals for
It's basically Corsi/Fenwick if you were to include parameters such as shot quality, distance, etc. (aka the "danger" of a scoring chance). It's based on averages and generally stays under 3-4 in most games for a team. When you see such an elevation, it basically means the team has had a shit ton of high danger scoring chances, which seems to be what you saw too.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
xGF = Expected goals for
It's basically Corsi/Fenwick if you were to include parameters such as shot quality, distance, etc. (aka the "danger" of a scoring chance). It's based on averages and generally stays under 3-4 in most games for a team. When you see such an elevation, it basically means the team has had a **** ton of high danger scoring chances, which seems to be what you saw too.

Yup, sounds right lol. Like bang on.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
xGF = Expected goals for
It's basically Corsi/Fenwick if you were to include parameters such as shot quality, distance, etc. (aka the "danger" of a scoring chance). It's based on averages and generally stays under 3-4 in most games for a team. When you see such an elevation, it basically means the team has had a **** ton of high danger scoring chances, which seems to be what you saw too.
They still lost 4-1.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Brandon Macmillan

Feb 11, 2019
Leafs have great players obviously, I cant believe they haven't tried marner and Mathews on opposite sides so Mathews can take a 1 timer. Marner also needs to become a shooting threat to reduce the predictability but that may take time. The first change is obvious and immediate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->